Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


View Poll Results: which mahindra?
Scorpio mHawk 2.2 63 73.26%
Xylo mEagle 2.5 23 26.74%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 12:45   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 30
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I doubt that. (Even some magazines claim what you have written but I disagree)

I have driven both, back to back and have involved a little high speed expressway running through traffic. The Xylo never inspired confidence with its constant rock and roll, even when I was surprisingly, driving straight. I agree, it doesn't roll as much as a vehicle of its height would like you to beleve, but confidence at expressway speeds is not its forte. Scorpio on the other hand was much more relaxed, however it too was a little skittish, nothing a good driver cannot handle or would not like.

The driving position of the Xylo is too high set, its like being on the upper deck of a double decker bus. I also had the fortune of seeing the behind of another xylo while being seated in one. It looks better when seen from the driver seat of a low slung car rather than from the driver seat of a Xylo. Although this shouldn't influence anything.

But interiors and the third row seat space was excellent in the xylo, however the constant bobbing might offset any space benefits of the passenger cabin on long runs. Hence Xylo out of question.

However the people who accompanied me on the test drive liked the xylo better as the space appealed to them and the drive wasn't long enough to cause back pain or nausea that I can foresee happening on a long drive.
hi, i must admit, my preference was purely on the basis of technical data rather than on the basis of a long highway test drive, technically xylo has a longer wheel base ( 80 mm more than scorp), wider track - 33mm and xylo is shorter by 80 mm, hence the pitching, bodyroll and bobbing should be lower, will have to test this out and confirm with a long drive in both.
sijil.karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 13:13   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
typeOnegative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vikhroli, Mumbai, India
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

I would have loved a 'None of the above' option. But between the two, if I am forced to put my money down, it would be the Xylo. Purely from a utility perspective. I find the Scorpio too cramped.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 13:14   #18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Scorpio all the way , because the car won't be houseful most of the time and looks and road presence ( to usshh Auto's etc ) definitely matters .
pr_kalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 13:39   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,032 Times
Default

Scorpio. 'Nuff said, and done!

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 13:43   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Xylo is too narrow and too tall and the interiors see have been overworked. I would choose the Scorpio, eyes closed.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 13:47   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,044
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

Xylo for the better ride quality and practicality.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 14:23   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

I voted for Scorpio,I hate the look of xylo.
Felt Scorpio is more refined than its counterpart.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 15:45   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thane
Posts: 81
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Voted for Xlyo.
Reasons :
========
I admit that the main reason for Xylo getting the vote from my side is the available space inside.
well I would disagree on FE, the FE of 2.5 on Xylo is bad, its better in Scorpio 2.2
Santy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 18:35   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Appreciate your comparison of Xylo and Scorpio, but i wish you could keep one more option "None of the above"
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I would have loved a 'None of the above' option. But between the two, if I am forced to put my money down, it would be the Xylo. Purely from a utility perspective. I find the Scorpio too cramped.
"none of the above" option is not kept because it is meaningless in this thread. here we are checking out the choice of our forum members only between the scorpio or xylo. else, none of the above would have max votes as people would vote for the innova!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
well I would disagree on FE, the FE of 2.5 on Xylo is bad, its better in Scorpio 2.2
ideally, i think the xylo should be more efficent then the scorpio. reasons being lower kerb weight, lower power output & engine which is tuned for efficiency than outright power as in the scorpio.

64 votes & 72% for the scorpio. i assumed the opposite to happen. guess all T-BHPians are enthusiasts & dont care a damn about practicality... same here!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 21st July 2009 at 18:37.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 18:35   #25
BANNED
 
sgmuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mucat, Oman
Posts: 387
Thanked: 124 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Practicality (mind says) - Xylo
Excitement (heart says) - mHawk 2.2

voted for Scorp

rgds
a scorpio crde owner!
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 22:41   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

I may be OT here, but isnt the Xylo's build quality way better than Scorpio's - both internal and external?
Zensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 23:54   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

@ zensi: its been said like that by many, has been stated by 1 magazine too. but frankly, i dint notice any major difference.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An unlikely PR war. Between 2 very unlikely players (Mercedes & BMW) GTO The Indian Car Scene 89 18th May 2014 23:41
Tug of war between the heart and mind. Win-Win Skoda Laura 2.0 TDI CR Ambiente. rohitm Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 35 28th August 2012 11:57
Rally Training and Techniques by "Cousins on Cars" @ Mumbai 20 May 2012 aniket.tiwari27 Indian Motorsport 5 12th June 2012 16:49
Mitsubishi Cedia and New Honda Accord - Cousins? emanuscript The Indian Car Scene 12 13th September 2007 02:11
My Cousins Porsche Carrera nikibusa Shifting gears 7 15th July 2005 23:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks