Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Has the fuel hike affected your driving style / pattern
Yes 106 39.85%
No 160 60.15%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th September 2005, 18:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Frankly speaking,the fuel prices are touching the skies.They are just too much.But that has not changed my driving style at all.They are lots of other worries in life than just FUEL.

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 19:28   #92
BHPian

With petrol prices at 50 bucks a liter, I am glad that my fuel is being put to good use (in a certain 7100 rpm machine).

For daytime driving needs, its the sticky fuel in my Jeep and 220. My Esteem has hardly any running now.

GTO

Last edited by GTO - Touring : 7th September 2005 at 19:30.
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 20:18   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Obey the sticker stuck to your windshield on the top right corner for 1500kms. Get regular services.
And if you hear any strange noises do not listen to authorized dealer who will tell you this is normal. If he insists tell him to make you listen those noises in a new indica. If he is still adamant call up tata regional customer care and politely explain to them that their dealer says funny noises are supposed to come from indica . this will ensure atleast 50K of trouble free running on electrical front and 100000kms of no trouble on mechanical front and the engine should last you for 2lac easily.
Thanks TSK. I've been following the sticker religiously.. And i'm fuelling up with Xtra Mile Additive added Diesel from indian Oil...

By regular services, do you mean the company recommended services at intervals of 5000kms or are you talking of taking the vehicle for a check-up once in 2 months? Kindly lemme know.

Thanks.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2005, 18:22   #94
BHPian

Have to admit, its getting on to me now.. I especially hate to wait in the long queues at the petrol pumps..
man23ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 23:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does the fuel price hike affect your driving pattern?

Fast forward 6 years later and petrol prices touching 72 per litre i wonder how many people would answer no now.For me , oh hell yes it is affecting my driving pattern.Due to high costs of fuel i have found myslef restraining the use of my both petrol driven babies , 800 and the Civic.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 10:54   #96
BHPian

Not as yet; most of my drives are to work and back which is about 15 Kms daily. But surely, I don't think I will be doing too many long drives in my car when I find time. I would rather take the metro to delhi from GGn than my petrol drinker.
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 11:30   #97
BHPian

Bad quality petrol, incorrect quantity and bad roads affect much much more than the current price of petrol. Because of these factors, the cost of petrol is obnoxiously high.
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 12:06   #98
BHPian

Definitely a good time to revive this old thread.

My answer is partly. When driving in normal conditions, I do tend to shift earlier, and I will try and cruise at a comfortable pace more often, rather than push the car.

If I do however get an empty stretch of road, and if I'm in the mood, I do still high-rev away to glory, petrol prices be damned .
kadanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 13:29   #99
BHPian

Yes, It has made me a more sedate and steady driver. I also have been consciously trying to use as little of the Clutch as possible even in Bumper to Bumper traffic. All this even though I drive a DIESEL but still the higher petrol prices are making me think that I should at least inculcate a fuel-efficient driving style. Just because it helps save the environment, the national import bill, and also prepares me for the eventual date when Diesel prices also rise and at that time, it won't be much of an adjustment for me since I would already be accustomed to the sedate style of driving. This does not mean that I accelerate too slow/ shift too early / lug the engine below the turbo range / drive very slow and generally become a nuisance on the road. This only means that, on a commute / short city drive, I consciously try to use as little fuel as possible so that when it comes down to a weekend getaway, I can use up all that saved fuel in return for the added fun in the drive

In effect, rise in petrol prices has certainly affected my driving style, even though I am not much affected by it, as of now. But when Diesel prices eventually rise, My answer to the above poll would be a NO because I would have already trained myself for the inevitable.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 15:44   #100
Senior - BHPian

The most recent price hike has definitely affected my driving style. I try not to over-rev, and only go above 2k rpm when absolutely necessary to teach the other guy who's boss

Seriously, it is becoming a little tough to accept that 500Rs doesn't tickle the fuel gauge enough. Add to that the fact that the scooter is now refuelling with 200Rs and still not going to full - well, I'm neither Tata nor Mahindra
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 16:41   #101
BHPian

No, my driving style is not dependent on fuel price. Even if the fuel is free, I wouldnt change my driving style. It may, in future, make me drive less and use cheaper mode of transport, but not yet.

And never my driving style. Blood is a lot more worth than the fuel.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 12:59   #102
BHPian

A little bit. On green light, I use to fly if I am in front row. That has been controlled now
shineshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 17:17   #103
BHPian

Voted No

Neither it has affected my driving style or my daily running has come down. I have been driving around 70 km daily since last 2 years.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 17:43   #104
BHPian

I have voted No as well. I have ever been following the small things such as turning off the engine at signals when you know its going to take a while for it to turn green. This being one of the many such stuff that I have inculcated in my driving ever since I was behind the wheels. From this I can say that the rising fuel price hike has not effected me.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 18:17   #105
BHPian

Definitely. I had to sell off my beloved Ford Fusion and now go to work on a rickety Kinetic Honda

...hopefully not for long though.
sachinayak is offline   Reply With Quote