Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 19:24   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,748
Thanked: 89,370 Times
Default

I don't care much about the facelift...the Civic was always a stunner. Butttttttttttttttt Honda better equip the new Civic with features. Lots of them. The Altis makes the Civic look bared naked, sales numbers show that the Toyota is also outselling the Honda.

Superior trim level = Same price. That's what Honda needs to get back in the C+ segment game.
GTO is offline  
Old 24th July 2009, 20:57   #32
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

What changes? could someone elaborate? I don't see any changes on the face of the civic..
roadlover is offline  
Old 25th July 2009, 19:02   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I hope they have atleast worked something on the GC part. But the pics dont seem to suggest anything :(
Fountainheader is offline  
Old 25th July 2009, 20:14   #34
BHPian
 
Gagan.js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 227
Thanked: Once
Default

More like an excuse to price the civic further away from the city.

Altis still has it beat, better add some exciting interiors and GC...every mm will be appreciated!
Gagan.js is offline  
Old 25th July 2009, 20:51   #35
BHPian
 
DSC.CUSTOMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Patiala,Chandigarh
Posts: 177
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Didnt find the minor facelift exciting . Infact i liked the front bumper of the previous Civic .
DSC.CUSTOMS is offline  
Old 25th July 2009, 21:04   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 921 Times
Default

Here's the changes I've spotted (mostly non-consequential):

1. Fog lamps are now round like the new altis unlike the longer rectangular ones which was what the old corolla had as well. I prefer the longer fogs to the rectangular.

2. Front lights and grill very marginally changed.

3. Tail lights inside design touched up.

4. I got the feeling the alloys were slightly diff as well but not sure (look a little better)

[Does anyone have definitive info on any changes to the interiors? Steering controls would be nice.]

If they hike the price for this it will be ridiculous.

I just TD the civic and it bottomed out thrice on the route - I deliberately drove carefully but not EXTRA carefully. As I would take my swift on those breakers. IMO, that's what they should have focussed on - I really really hope they've improved the GC.

Does anyone know when its likely to hit the roads? Honda is being pretty tight lipped as is understandable. If the only changes are what's set out above, I want to pick up the older one with the insurance free scheme before they run out of stock.
Axe77 is offline  
Old 25th July 2009, 22:35   #37
Newbie
 
Jay5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 24
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Here's the changes I've spotted (mostly non-consequential):

1. Fog lamps are now round like the new altis unlike the longer rectangular ones which was what the old corolla had as well. I prefer the longer fogs to the rectangular.

2. Front lights and grill very marginally changed.

3. Tail lights inside design touched up.

4. I got the feeling the alloys were slightly diff as well but not sure (look a little better)


If they hike the price for this it will be ridiculous.

Does anyone know when its likely to hit the roads? Honda is being pretty tight lipped as is understandable. If the only changes are what's set out above, I want to pick up the older one with the insurance free scheme before they run out of stock.
I am in the same boat as you! Pics are posted in the other new civic threads and i think the interior would probably be the same. As mentioned above i think its more of a Pricelift.
I will most probably booking for a civic sometime in the coming week and the info i had got earlier was new version in Sept which is unlikely i think otherwise they should have advertised by now. I think it would be probably be by Dec-Jan, and definitely 30-50k increase in price if not more.

Are you being offered insurance free? I was told 10-15k off. And stocks are limited of the old version, I was told only the V variant is available and that too only in white and silver.
Jay5150 is offline  
Old 25th July 2009, 23:48   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't care much about the facelift...the Civic was always a stunner. Butttttttttttttttt Honda better equip the new Civic with features. Lots of them. The Altis makes the Civic look bared naked, sales numbers show that the Toyota is also outselling the Honda.

Superior trim level = Same price. That's what Honda needs to get back in the C+ segment game.

Agree - thats what they 'need' to do. But look on the other hand - everything they launch is overpriced and under equipped. What makes us think they will change the strategy going forward?
Zensi is offline  
Old 26th July 2009, 00:16   #39
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default

the front bumper is like the Type R with round foglamps.

the rear lights are not clear so i cant comment much on those.

the interior will get an integrated music system.

why spoil the overall look of the civic when it is still ahead of its rivals?

we already have the facelifted 2009 civic in dubai.
Parm is offline  
Old 26th July 2009, 10:06   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 921 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay5150 View Post
I am in the same boat as you! Pics are posted in the other new civic threads and i think the interior would probably be the same. As mentioned above i think its more of a Pricelift.
I will most probably booking for a civic sometime in the coming week and the info i had got earlier was new version in Sept which is unlikely i think otherwise they should have advertised by now. I think it would be probably be by Dec-Jan, and definitely 30-50k increase in price if not more.

Are you being offered insurance free? I was told 10-15k off. And stocks are limited of the old version, I was told only the V variant is available and that too only in white and silver.
Launch Date

I suspect the launch will be a lot sooner. IMO (no basis, just gut feel), it'll be pre Dussera. However, I think they'll also take a touch feel assessment based on status of how much existing stock is cleared. I'm interested in purchasing in the next 4 - 6 weeks If the date pushes to late '09, I'll simply postpone my purchase to Jan / Feb. And if I'm pushing that far, then I'll want to re-look at my options and look at the Yeti engine options; Cruz and new Lancer if its launched.

Colors

I've spoken to 4 dealers and White and Silver are all that everyone here has. I think S is not available here either.

Discount / Insurance

On insurance, depends on what you're going for - the insurance free scheme is only on the automatic not the manual (at least in bbay). If you're getting 10-15 K off, they're probably only refunding the cash back they get from insurance. You shd check with an independent insurance agent what the insurance will cost. e.g. when Honda say 50K for insurance, you can actually get it independently for 35K maybe (same insurance cos).

Interior changes

The 1st post in the autocar forum thread where the noida pics were posted mentioned that steering controls will be added. I don't know the basis of the statement though but the person is mentioned as a Moderator so I'm hoping its an informed statement. I can't post on that forum - maybe somebody will ask there.
Axe77 is offline  
Old 4th August 2009, 00:43   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

on a serious note. when is this car out now. i waited a year for this got fed up and got something else. on the verge or doing the same again i think if this aint out this month or so.
jesal is offline  
Old 4th August 2009, 04:37   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 921 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
on a serious note. when is this car out now. i waited a year for this got fed up and got something else. on the verge or doing the same again i think if this aint out this month or so.
I've been in close touch with a lot of dealers on the launch date. I think the launch should most likely happen by 1st half of Sept 09.

The changes are expected to be too nominal to have waited a year though. IMO whether you pick up the current civic / facelift is largely immaterial given the kind of changes. If you plan to hold the car beyond 2011 both will probably look equally outdated - that's when the all new Honda Civic is expected to be launched according to grapevine.
Axe77 is offline  
Old 4th August 2009, 06:02   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Launch is supposed to be in August middle with deliveries starting in September.
ImmortalZ is offline  
Old 4th August 2009, 08:20   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOIDA, Manchester & Cardiff
Posts: 565
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't care much about the facelift...the Civic was always a stunner. Butttttttttttttttt Honda better equip the new Civic with features. Lots of them. The Altis makes the Civic look bared naked, sales numbers show that the Toyota is also outselling the Honda.

Superior trim level = Same price. That's what Honda needs to get back in the C+ segment game.

Rest assured Honda will NOT do it. After all Honda is Honda Boss
akj53 is offline  
Old 4th August 2009, 12:00   #45
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,773
Thanked: 273 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
the front bumper is like the Type R with round foglamps. the rear lights are not clear so i cant comment much on those. the interior will get an integrated music system. why spoil the overall look of the civic when it is still ahead of its rivals?
As the changes are merely cosmetic, a friend of mine is contemplating on booking the current Civic. Don't think he will miss out on a lot.
gpa is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yamuna Expressway up for sale (Noida to Agra) embee Street Experiences 12 29th December 2015 14:18
Another Racing Death on Noida Expressway... redcandle Shifting gears 63 3rd December 2007 18:58
Greater Noida Expressway - Death trap !! aZa Street Experiences 25 14th April 2006 10:25
Street racers arrested on Noida Expressway tsk1979 Shifting gears 7 8th March 2006 14:40
Prado in G Noida expressway disaster suman Street Experiences 24 20th February 2006 16:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks