Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th August 2009, 22:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
A Ford Fiesta CS..... dunno if it would have many takers.

One more thing, the Stereo in punto is quite avg. dunno if it can be considered high end but than thats just me
A chevrolet aveo 1.4, Fiat linea 1.4, Hyundai Accent 1.5, Mahindra logan 1.4, Dzire 1.3 and Indigo 1.4 are all indications of the market that exists for such a car.

Ikon 1.3( 1.2 engine compatible?) can infact be an excellent alternative for the small car which Ford Lacks in their kitty right now.

There's no doubt that Fiesta is a dated car in comparison to Linea, ANHC and SX4. An All new fiesta Sedan/Hatch duo just like the Linea/punto can be a great addition to Ford's India lineup.

Also while I mentioned the stereo in Linea, it's more about the cost addition than the quality. Not heard personally but company ICE installs are never that great.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 23:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
point taken it mayn't be rocket but better than accent anyday. i know you own accent but i am telling you this because i have owned all of them ( Fiesta diesel, Accent 1.5( my brother's) , Accent 1.6)
owner will have have some prejudice for the brand they own and that is the reason for them buying the same.
try driving fiesta diesel in 3rd gear it will show you your car's capability.
Just try and then get back to me on this.
Sorry for OT
but been there done that many times.
the power delivery from 1.4L TDCI is amazing,but still its not that fast as you are telling.
but as they as its not the ride,its the rider.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 11:15   #33
BHPian

you can take solace in that

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Sorry for OT
but been there done that many times.
the power delivery from 1.4L TDCI is amazing,but still its not that fast as you are telling.
but as they as its not the ride,its the rider.
oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 11:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I saw the new sxi on NDTV C&B show today, and the new chrome grill sure looked good, but I did not like the chrome OVRMs one little bit. If Ford gives a choice to buyers on the colour of OVRMs,
We settled for the ZXI the moment we saw the new SXI, the chrome OVRM's are a real put off, in my opinion they actually spoil the look of the car!! infact, i think the ZXI is the way to go, gives you the best upgrade options and is almost a good 80-90k cheaper than the new SXI!
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 16:30   #35
BHPian

@ raamki,

fully agree. The ZXI is the one to go for. The new SXI doesnt feel worth the extra Rs. 70K premium (on road mumbai)
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote