Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th August 2009, 15:49   #16
BHPian

The dealer is trying to pull a nice one on you. You have every right to get the latest price and I think you need call few people in M&M and ensure that the dealer falls in line. These are some cheap tricks people play. Ideally, they should call and update you just thee way they put pressure when the prices would be going up.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 17:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanmalhotra View Post
Within 15 mins of me sending the dealer name, I got a call from the dealer, saying that they got a call from M&M and they will be passing on the benefit to me. For future reference, in case
Thats prompt by any standards. Tatas should pull out a leaf or two from the Mahindra Books on customer greivance redressal. Hats off to Mahindras. Is India changing?

Quote:
someone wants to send them an email:
CUSTOMERCARE@mahindra.com
Or call them:
1800226006/09935066006
Thanks for this vital piece of Info. Great Job, Amanmalhotra.

God Bless.....
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 18:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The manufacturer will hand out the new prices to the dealers on the 7th. Ensure you get your invoice made after that and this is what I got to know through a reliable source.
Thanks man, my invoice would be happening after 7th, so should be fine.
BTW, there is a SBI union strike called out which would ensure that the bank loan is delayed as well (to coming Monday).
amanmalhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 22:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
Thanks for this vital piece of Info. Great Job, Amanmalhotra.

God Bless.....
We should thank Aman. :-)
I too wrote to M&M CC. I would like to send some flowers to Aman if I realize the benefits.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 23:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I too wrote to M&M CC.
Sounds nice, please do update when you get to hear from them.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Called the dealers of few other cities in Tamil nadu, They all have the older prices.
I wrote to M&M last night (11PM) No response till now.

I called M&M customer care - the guy attend my call has no clue, he asked me to check that with the local showroom. I explained him the scenario about the price drop and the prices at the dealer. He said that I will get a call from the concern department from M&M within 24 hrs.

I post any updates I receive.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from the dealer today, confirmed a price reduction of Rs.5050, not to my exception, But something is better than nothing.
I will still be bargaining. :-)

Their price search also has a disclaimer, gives them enough chance to justify :-)

"*Note : Any other levies or taxes if applicable are extra.
For exact prices, please contact our dealerships.
Prices are applicable within the specified city limits only.
All prices are subject to change, and Mahindra Scorpio reserves the right to modify the prices at its discretion at any point in time."

Last edited by agbenny : 10th August 2009 at 14:34.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:36   #23
BHPian

The car was delivered to me today, and finally did end up paying the reduced amount. Will be posting the pics here soon.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The car was delivered to me today, and finally did end up paying the reduced amount. Will be posting the pics here soon.
Congrats Buddy , Drive safe .
Fortuner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 18:26   #25

Hi guys,

first off, thanks to T-BHP for letting me in. I have been visiting this forum for while now and its awesome. I booked scorpio vlx a couple of weeks back and made this decision thanks mostly to information i got here. I saw this thread a few days back and enquired with M&M on the price differential but only got promises that someone would get back to me. Spoke to all dealers in NCR and noone could confirm the reduction in prices. I finally took the delivery of my beast (i am lovin it) on this monday, as monday was an last auspicious day for a while. I was invoiced at non-reduced prices and since i had to take the delivery on monday only, so didn't have much options. Anyway i got a call from someone at M&M today and he told me that their was an error on the website because of which wrong prices were displayed. He also mentioned that the prices on the M&M website have been corrected now, i checked the website and it's true. Ex-showroom price for scorpio vlx BSIII was 934954 before the price was reduced to 928500 last week on the website. Now it's back to 934954 since today morning. When I asked if the duty reduction of 5K was passed on to customers, he said that M&M was planning to hike the prices for scorpio around the same time as the duty reduction decision was annouced and hence it was offset againist the proposed price hike.

I think they probably decided to lower the prices but maybe now have had a change of mind and rolled back the price reduction as the prices are back to the intial price.
ukoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 19:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoul View Post
Hi guys,

first off, thanks to T-BHP for letting me in. I have been visiting this forum for while now and its awesome. I booked scorpio vlx a couple of weeks back and made this decision thanks mostly to information i got here. I saw this thread a few days back and enquired with M&M on the price differential but only got promises that someone would get back to me. Spoke to all dealers in NCR and noone could confirm the reduction in prices. I finally took the delivery of my beast (i am lovin it) on this monday, as monday was an last auspicious day for a while. I was invoiced at non-reduced prices and since i had to take the delivery on monday only, so didn't have much options. Anyway i got a call from someone at M&M today and he told me that their was an error on the website because of which wrong prices were displayed. He also mentioned that the prices on the M&M website have been corrected now, i checked the website and it's true. Ex-showroom price for scorpio vlx BSIII was 934954 before the price was reduced to 928500 last week on the website. Now it's back to 934954 since today morning. When I asked if the duty reduction of 5K was passed on to customers, he said that M&M was planning to hike the prices for scorpio around the same time as the duty reduction decision was annouced and hence it was offset againist the proposed price hike.

I think they probably decided to lower the prices but maybe now have had a change of mind and rolled back the price reduction as the prices are back to the intial price.
Hi Ukoul,
I think that might be the case for Delhi pricing, however as far as Bangalore is concerned, I still am seeing the reduced pricing.
Edit: BTW, congrats for your beast
Old 13th August 2009, 21:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Aman. Waiting to see your Commando's pictures. :-)

Coimbatore prices shows 10K lesser than the initial Quote. Now the dealer is agreed for the reduced price Rs.5000. The promised me for some cut in the insurance and few more non-standard accessories. I will post about it in Monday.

Last edited by agbenny : 13th August 2009 at 21:26.
Old 16th August 2009, 20:18   #28
BHPian

Friends, the Coimbatore price for the Scorpio Automatic seems to have gone up - not down!!!

It used to be sub 10L - 9,99,100 to be precise. Now the Mahindra website shows it at 10,03,700. Does that impact taxes?
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote