Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th August 2010, 10:44   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
wagon R is better buy than estilo any time. Wagon R feels much more roomier than the estilo.

Also, has maruti started to give discounts? or is there a price revision in the estilo? i see many new facelifted estilos now in mumbai black and yelloow cabs and even blue cool cabs these days.
If one is frequent traveler between Nariman point, Cuffee Parade and fort, you will see Estilo normal cabs + New Wagon- R, Santro & to my surprise i saw a Swift Vxi to as a cool cab. May be more number of Premier padmini taxi are being replaced by these cars.
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 09:25   #167
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arununo View Post
I am in the process of buying a car. I have currently narrowed down to the new Wagon R and the new Estilo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arununo View Post
Its cheaper by 25K
The WagonR may be 25K more expensive but rest assured, its the best 25K you'll ever spend. The 2010 WagonR is a brand new platform (compared to the decade old one under the Estilo), has superior ride quality, interior space and safety. Also, this 25K difference will be more than compensated when its time for resale.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 17:29   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
If one is frequent traveler between Nariman point, Cuffee Parade and fort, you will see Estilo normal cabs + New Wagon- R, Santro & to my surprise i saw a Swift Vxi to as a cool cab. May be more number of Premier padmini taxi are being replaced by these cars.
True. These days even I look out for an Alto or a Santro every time I'm out for a Yellow Cab. The ride and comfort is so much better, it can't be put into words.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 18:04   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a query about the new Estilo.
My in-laws were planning to book an LXi, but given the number of goodies that come in the VXi version, I suggested they go for the VXi. As per the brochure, the VXi has both front and rear fog lamps. But while I do see the fog-lamps in the front, I am yet to see fog-lamps in the rear of any VXi. Anyone ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 22:29   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Had a query about the new Estilo.
My in-laws were planning to book an LXi, but given the number of goodies that come in the VXi version, I suggested they go for the VXi. As per the brochure, the VXi has both front and rear fog lamps. But while I do see the fog-lamps in the front, I am yet to see fog-lamps in the rear of any VXi. Anyone ?
there's a single fog lamp on the rear bumper under the number plate housing.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote