Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th September 2009, 17:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sam, forget the fabia, its slow, noisy and the worst feature is that its a skoda! (look around the forum for skoda threads, you'll know why), better look at the i20 or the swift/ritz. btw, marikar skoda's service is nothing to write home about. When there are better options in the market, why bother with the fabia?
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 16:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
hey guys i had tracked down on i20/punto 1.4/fabia 1.2

now that fabia is given this HUUUUGE offer of 57000 as read in todays newspaper isnt it a very good deal? What do u guys say? Is it worth?

Is there any worse complaints about the fabia? shall i go ahead?

Onroad Prices Cochin
i20 - 530000
Punto 1.4 Dynamic - 525000
Fabia 1.2 Active - 490000 (Original Price)

It depends if you are looking for a car with a "budget" or a car that will make every penny you pay worth it.

Fabia 1.2 - 3 cylinders 12V ... Napolean had a more powerful horse than this...some 300 years ago!!!

Go for a better power pack with a moderate mileage if this is your first car, make sure that your first experience is good. Skoda "After Sales Service" will deprive you from every bit of your happiness of owning their car.

Superhatches that you could go for with a budget - Punto Active 1.4 or i20 Asta.

Cheers!!!
inreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 22:19   #18
BHPian

So by now I realise how bad Skoda is!!! Actually iam a bit surprised too. All those Octavias and Laura were so tempting and so impressive on the roads. Then why this happened to Skoda service as a whole?

Anyways for time being I decided to wait. Punto, well fiat has to prove more before I invest on that. I just cant tolerate them depending on Tata when Punto is selling in numbers still they cant do away with the middlemen tata's.

i20 many said the car is good but then same engine on i10 so again a minus! Swift diesel as always rocks but then identity crisis if i take that! As some one said I too wanna wanna be special on the road. So in fact thats in fact I thought of Skoda, at least the brand is a class!

@inreverse:
my current car is esteem vxi and its my third car in last 15 yrs.all three were bought 2nd hand though so im basically looking at my first first hand car
sam_sant2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 22:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways for time being I decided to wait. Punto, well fiat has to prove more before I invest on that. I just cant tolerate them depending on Tata when Punto is selling in numbers still they cant do away with the middlemen tata's.
Tata is not the middlemen.
Its a 50:50 Venture.
Fiat needs Tata because of their service network currently.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 08:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
So by now I realise how bad Skoda is!!! Actually iam a bit surprised too. All those Octavias and Laura were so tempting and so impressive on the roads.
Exactly my thought when they passed me a damaged old car as a new one and then I found it forced on me through forged registration. I later realised after going through T-BHP that I was luckier when compared to what harishv, evo, kapiljolly had to undergo.

Skoda it appears has absolutely no control over its dealers. The parent firm has stated in writing to a complaining member (search in this forum) that they do not have anything to do with local Skoda operations And Skoda India is deeeeeep in debt.

I suggest if you can wait for 5 - 6 months, check out the Polo from VW. VW, Skoda's owner, is very serious about the Indian market, and in fact looking to price the Polo benchmarked with Swift.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 17:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
So by now I realise how bad Skoda is!!! Actually iam a bit surprised too. All those Octavias and Laura were so tempting and so impressive on the roads. Then why this happened to Skoda service as a whole?

i20 many said the car is good but then same engine on i10 so again a minus! Swift diesel as always rocks but then identity crisis if i take that! As some one said I too wanna wanna be special on the road. So in fact thats in fact I thought of Skoda, at least the brand is a class!

@inreverse:
my current car is esteem vxi and its my third car in last 15 yrs.all three were bought 2nd hand though so im basically looking at my first first hand car

Cool! If you want to stay ahead of the pack and look different in traffic go for a base model Punto. There are loads of mods you can stick on that car and it will still continue to look good

Here's what Fiat does abroad thru' Abarth

http://photocarsonline.com/images/20071109162446_fiat_grande_punto_abarth_2008.jpeg
inreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 21:13   #22
BHPian

The fabia is a very nice solid car, if you are ready to take a risk in the a.s.s then its a very nice baby tanker, why dont you test drive all the cars & judge yourself,

cheers..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 21:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
Cool! If you want to stay ahead of the pack and look different in traffic go for a base model Punto. There are loads of mods you can stick on that car and it will still continue to look good

Here's what Fiat does abroad thru' Abarth

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/134283.jpg
i am waiting for the polo launch. then will look at both cars are side by side. will look at the pricing. if something sounds fishy or not VFM (we all know what happend to jazz) then will buy the punto base version. i need it only for going to gym, hanging out with my friends maybe work lolz . hey i am 23 not working yet.studying CAT etc you know... wish me luck.
oh life is such a joy when you have nothing much to do .

Last edited by Caramelo : 25th September 2009 at 21:30.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 21:32   #24
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Back to Square One! Iam confused.

I took a test drive of Indica Vista Quadrajet today. Quite impressed actually. Cabin is sound proof. Went super smooth over potholes => Straight BETTER than Swift and Fabia based on personal experience. Punto I heard has a suspension gud enuf. Any idea about the i20. Indica Vista Comfort is mind blowing. Though steering was not that impressive as the swift diesel. Admit handling is not the same.

Suspension what Iam referring to is 'soft' kinda suspension. Im so used to Esteems 'swinging' suspension that I couldnt quite digest the kind of tough rides provided by swift and fabia though I know handling would be better in those.

Coming back to Indica Vista => Base model with Quadrajet is now on offer for an onroad price of 4.5 lacs (Exchange Bonus and Corp Disc NOT Included). Guys isnt that one hell of a price for that ONE HELL OF A FIAT DIESEL ENGINE?

Can anyone give me an insight into Tata Indica Vista overall package and defects.
For me an Indica Vista would be saving an EMI of 15k yearly over the nearest Multijet engined car and thats a huge margin I feel.
sam_sant2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 02:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone give me an insight into Tata Indica Vista overall package and defects.
For me an Indica Vista would be saving an EMI of 15k yearly over the nearest Multijet engined car and thats a huge margin I feel.
There's a reason why Tata cars are cheaper than their competitors in the same size bracket. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, in terms of quality.
theEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 03:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
There's a reason why Tata cars are cheaper than their competitors in the same size bracket. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, in terms of quality.
dude i will tell you this. don't go into saving emi thing man. you will regret it later. what you save in the emi. you will destroy it in resale.

stick to something like maruti. you will get resale value back and they are competitively priced too. Hyundai have good resale too and very good reputation in the eyes of customers.

you don't seem like the tata guy. if you are compromising just to save a few thousands on emi. you are commiting a mistake rest is upto you.

fabia will get cheaper and will be available with more features too! when the polo is launched. its gonna be in the 5-6 lac bracket.(polo). they will share the same factory. same parts just two different cars.

i suggest you to wait for polo. refreshed fabia. if you can or else go with i20, ritz, or punto. but don't buy vista because its cheap. its cheap because it is CHEAP!! get it?

Last edited by Caramelo : 28th September 2009 at 03:33.
Old 28th September 2009, 04:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now that fabia is given this HUUUUGE offer of 57000 as read in todays newspaper isnt it a very good deal? .....

Fabia 1.2 Active - 490000 (Original Price)
@sam, did you get a chance to find out more details about this offer? What is the breakup of the 57K discount?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:04   #28
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Disagree, a car tends to be priced more due to the brand pull and the price it will fetch in the market ?(move numbers) than the cost of maufacturing the vehicle itself.

The toyota fortuner commands a premium today due to the demand and the brand pull. the Captiva has now revised the price of the car downward due to the competetion not due to the build quality. The superb is priced aggressively but thats no patch on the build quality.

The Tata vista, is a fine vehicle that should have been able to fetch a higher price but for the brand perception.
ACM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 12:33   #29
BHPian

one of my neighbors have bought the skoda fabia just 2 days ago. looks like he went for the 57000 offer.

i think they are getting rid of the stock which was pre chakkan production cars. now its being produced in the chakkan plant. so localization will be more. and also i think there will be a price drop too later when the polo is launched so that these cars don't eat into each others market share.
Old 29th September 2009, 21:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I too wanna wanna be special on the road. So in fact thats in fact I thought of Skoda, at least the brand is a class!
Well! Thats it. I've been a Fab owner since May2008. It has covered just 13k kms though. No problems so far. Fill it, shut it, forget it car. Marikar is a good dealer. I had only good experiences from them so far.

In my opinion, go for the 1.4 diesel. Its a bit noisy but VFM than the 1.2 petrol. If you are on a budget, go for the Classic or else get the Ambiente.
aruncheloor is offline   Reply With Quote