Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th September 2009, 14:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Online Petitions to improve the Indian Car Scene. Do they work & how?

It's time Team-Bhp got proactive. We have thousands of members who think, eat and sleep cars. What if we start online petitions and present them to the authorities?

My questions:

1. Will this work?

2. Mods, will you allow such a thing?

3. How does online petitioning work?

4. How do you present the electronic format to the authorities?

For example, let's say i want to file a petition where we want 2 wheelers to also pay toll since they also use bridges.

I would then create a single poll and whoever agrees to this can vote "sign" it. Of course, it will have a deadline to vote by otherwise it will go on forever.

Below that we can have a discussion and the MODS can pick out valid points and counter arguments and create a final document and submit it to whomsoever it may concern.

Guys, what say?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 14:34   #2
JRD
BHPian

I think this petition will work very well as a FGD (Field Group Discussion) for OEM's rather than the government authorities. Imagine all the day to day issues that need to be brought to the OEM'S attention in a concise and well organised report.

This would help the manufacturer's to come out with well equipped (relevant and usable features), good quality (Plastics and Build) and of course a good price that would be realistic for a prospective buyer.

I think this idea would work for sure.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 14:56   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
I think this petition will work very well as a FGD (Field Group Discussion) for OEM's rather than the government authorities. Imagine all the day to day issues that need to be brought to the OEM'S attention in a concise and well organised report.

This would help the manufacturer's to come out with well equipped (relevant and usable features), good quality (Plastics and Build) and of course a good price that would be realistic for a prospective buyer.

I think this idea would work for sure.
What exactly is a Field Group Discussion?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote