Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th October 2009, 12:03   #211
BHPian

Spotted the Ford Figo few minutes back at Alexander Square, Guindy. I saw the rear and side profile. Its a good looker, neat, proportionate and will appeal to peoples senses. Its probably the size of Swift. I thought it shud be bigger than other hatches like Swift, Vista. But its not, it would be comparable with them.

Was not able to shoot, as the car was taking a left towards Guindy and me a right towards Saidapet. Was tempted to follow, but I would have ended up going in the opposite direction to my office and I was already late to office . Well, the car is doing rounds in Chennai. So, people can expect pics here from me or other bhpians soon.
Old 12th October 2009, 12:31   #212
BHPian

I too spotted this car - white with temp regn - at the Kathipara flyover today by 8.30 am. I could only have a look at the rear and it looked better than i20/Swift/Ritz.
Old 14th October 2009, 09:24   #213
Senior - BHPian

like the front end of the car, but from the A pillar onwards the car just gets Super boring, it looks like they had 2 designers for this project, Designer A who did the 1st half and Designer B who did the second half.

cheers,
ac
Old 20th October 2009, 21:52   #214
BHPian

News from Motoroids : Interiors Pictures

Expected: March 2010

Price bracket: Rs. 4.5 to 6.5-lakh

Engines: 1.2-litre petrol / 1.6-litre petrol(speculated), 1.4-litre diesel

Name:  55.jpg
Views: 2645
Size:  221.3 KB

The Figo, which Ford unveiled a few weeks back, has been on the cards for quite some time. And though the test mules have been around for quite some time, Ford has actually been running them as decoy sedans than the hatchback form itís going to come as. We have gone ahead and attached the spy pics of the latest decoy mules for you to understand what we are talking about.

Name:  66.jpg
Views: 2465
Size:  208.7 KB

As you can see the boot in itself looks so hilarious that any kid will tell that itís a dummy box hanging from the back end of small car. Then is the rear windshield, which is a tad too vertical for for the test car to be a sedan. The brake lamp too sits on a roof spoiler (has anyone seen a sedan with one?) Ė which again is something that is usually found just where the rear windscreen of a sedan ends. So if we know itís the Figo, why are the pics attached here? Well, these pics were taken last week and are a clear pointer that the car is in its final testing stages. Itís not a prototype for sure, but is still doing the test rounds for the various materials and components supplied by Fordís OEMs. What these spy photos also show are the interiors Ė which Ford did not show during the launch, while they also claimed that these interiors will set a new benchmark for the entire hatchback segment in India. We don't really rate the interior of the new car much higher than the current Fiesta. The Fiesta and the Figo are going to use quite a few interior components from the same bin.

Name:  44.jpg
Views: 2432
Size:  197.5 KB

The Figo will integrate a Bluetooth enabled in-car-entertainment system, somewhat similar to the Grande Puntoís Blue-n-Me which will enable users to pair their BT enabled cell phones with the carís handsfree unit. The iphone/ipod compatibility (which is a must-have on most face-plates these days) will also be one of features of the ICE system of the Figo. Safety wise, the top end models will feature ABS and dual airbags. Under the hood are the 1.4-litre, 68PS TDCI Duratorq diesel engine and a new 1.2-litre Duratec petrol engine which we told you about earlier. We are also hoping that the juicy 1.6-litre engine from the Fiesta also finds an alternative home inside in the Figo's bay, but we are not sure if Ford would take that step. If they do however, the 1.6-litre petrol will make the Figo one of the hottest hatches in the country! As per our sources the Figo will spawn a new sedan variant too, which will replace the aging Ford Ikon that was refreshed last year. Engine options for the new Ikon will remain similar to the Figo and the new frugal 1.2-litre petrol mill will hence replace the 1.3-litre ROCAM unit. While the Figo goes on sale in March 2010, expect the Ikon to be up and ready by Q4 2010.

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 4113
Size:  189.8 KB
Name:  22.jpg
Views: 2164
Size:  202.2 KB
Name:  33.jpg
Views: 2099
Size:  202.4 KB
Old 20th October 2009, 22:23   #215
BHPian

The side profile looks exactly like the Fiesta (not Indian Fiesta, but the original one) and the rear end also is almost same as the latest European spec Fiesta. From the photos, it looks like the Figo is of the same size as the Euro Ford Fiesta. If yes, it's not a big car.
Old 21st October 2009, 10:19   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
News from Motoroids
As per our sources the Figo will spawn a new sedan variant too, which will replace the aging Ford Ikon that was refreshed last year. Engine options for the new Ikon will remain similar to the Figo and the new frugal 1.2-litre petrol mill will hence replace the 1.3-litre ROCAM unit. While the Figo goes on sale in March 2010, expect the Ikon to be up and ready by Q4 2010.
Thats interesting. Figo spawning a sedan. There are few people here complaining that Figo is nothing but a face lifted old gen Euro Fiesta. But Ford now wants to create a small sedan out of Figo to replace Ikon. I hope they dont take the Ikons boot and paste it behind Figo. . On the other hand, I would say its a great move on business front. Ford for sure knows how to milk everything that it has got. Make big ones small, small ones big.
Old 21st October 2009, 11:09   #217
BHPian

Errr, is it only me or does the dashboard and gauges look old fashioned?
Old 21st October 2009, 11:22   #218
Senior - BHPian

^^
I am surprised you say that. I for one love the Dials and the A.C. vents.
IMO, the dash looks better than that of the Swift, and Getz, and some bits look even better than the Punto.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:08   #219
BHPian

Yes, the dials look old fashioned. But the interior overall seems to be good. Looks like a Fiesta dash enhanced. I guess Ford will not dabble into beigeing the interiors. The AC vents, center console and quality as seen in pics seems pretty good.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:24   #220
BHPian

Yep! It sure looks well made, but i'm not too keen about the design! I think people will start liking it with time. But the hazard light switch reminds me of the Ikon

Last edited by pusako : 21st October 2009 at 12:26.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:53   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
The Figo, which Ford unveiled a few weeks back, has been on the cards for quite some time. And though the test mules have been around for quite some time, Ford has actually been running them as decoy sedans than the hatchback form itís going to come as. We have gone ahead and attached the spy pics of the latest decoy mules for you to understand what we are talking about.

Attachment 212937

As you can see the boot in itself looks so hilarious that any kid will tell that itís a dummy box hanging from the back end of small car. Then is the rear windshield, which is a tad too vertical for for the test car to be a sedan. The brake lamp too sits on a roof spoiler (has anyone seen a sedan with one?) Ė which again is something that is usually found just where the rear windscreen of a sedan ends. So if we know itís the Figo, why are the pics attached here? Well, these pics were taken last week and are a clear pointer that the car is in its final testing stages. Itís not a prototype for sure, but is still doing the test rounds for the various materials and components supplied by Fordís OEMs. What these spy photos also show are the interiors Ė which Ford did not show during the launch, while they also claimed that these interiors will set a new benchmark for the entire hatchback segment in India. We don't really rate the interior of the new car much higher than the current Fiesta. The Fiesta and the Figo are going to use quite a few interior components from the same bin.
I do not understand something here. We all know figo has been launched by Ford already a few weeks back. It absolutely makes no sense for them to test them with decoys anymore - alright lets assume that company does run decoy mules until it hits the showroom or Auto expo 2010 maybe, but why a false boot ? Makes no sense to me unless they are testing a the 3 box version (read the new feiesta sedan). We all know the new fiesta sedan launched in China sometime back is the same 3 box version of the figo so couldn't it be that ford is actually testing a 3 box version and this is no decoy. I have to agree the high mounted tails and the inappropriately vertical rear windshield doesn't make sense but then this a test mule...

So is the fiesta replacement coming in fast or am i being greedy
Old 21st October 2009, 15:09   #222

Did anyone notice that the ignition key is on the wrong side of the steering. That's the first time I have seen it in that position.
Old 21st October 2009, 20:18   #223
BHPian

Perhaps they are making two versions of the car: one for the left handed and one for the right handed
Old 22nd October 2009, 01:29   #224
H2O
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKrain View Post

Did anyone notice that the ignition key is on the wrong side of the steering. That's the first time I have seen it in that position.
This interior clearly belongs to the previous generation Fiesta (EU version).
Does this picture really belong to Indian version of Fiesta?
I am not sure if ford is bringing all the same interiors of the previous version. If this happens then I would expect the price of their base model in the range of 3.5 Lacs
Can ford deliver FIGO at this price?
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:52   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKrain View Post
That's because someone has mirrored the interior pics of the LHD version (maybe from the Fiesta Mk 5 EU edition).
Closed Thread