Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th September 2009, 00:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
... I regularly do 90 degree corners at around 50-60 ....
ROFL,

That statement can put best of rally drivers to shame!
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 00:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post

That statement can put best of rally drivers to shame!
After your comment, I looked up that corner on Google maps. I concede that its much more gentle than 90.

Car Performance - Zen vs i10-corner.jpg
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 00:50   #18
BHPian

I find it's bit funny to compare Zen with i10. Man you have to compare apple to apple. I drive a 2003 MPFI Zen and very happy with the car. But the engineering zen has is about 10-15 years old, i10 is more modern car with better engine, interiors, suspensions and performace. Do not get nostalgic and say zen is better than i10. In todays standard zen's engine is bit underpower, with A/C on with full load it become little sluggish. I guess it's more wise to compare an i10 with her modern counterparts. But one thing I must tell you that my 6 years old zen give a comparable/better FE than the modern i10, Spark, A-star. Ha ha Love you Zen.
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 09:09   #19
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
myself driven a zen/esteem for almost an year, I like the peppy engine and handling of the zen. but the zen is not a free revving engine & it is fun to drive.

I am very sad that maruti screwed the image of this car by launching the estillo. Maruti please relaunch a sporty 2-door zen with the new k-series engine. It would sell like hot cakes.
+1. I wont mind getting another Zen with the two door model if it is released. I am sure there are a lot of us who wont mind getting the 2 door series of zen. After reading this tread my wifey is sure I am not the only one who is crazy about zen .
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote