Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 14:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
A nice report there will detailed pics. The Panamera didn't look so good when i first saw it. But now the design is growing on me and i'm starting to like it! The interiors by far are one of the best ones i've seen. Just exudes luxury! Although I'd pick up the AM Rapide or the Quattroporte over this.
You can also add the Maserati Granturismo to the equation. The GT has two doors but seats 4 people very comfortably. Quattroporte is a sedan, the Grandturismo is a sports coupe. As far my knowledge goes, the Maserati Grandturismo S costs less than the Panamera Turbo if you get it to India.
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Still the Quattroporte for me. Or a GranCabrio, if I'm willing to be impractical.
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

IMO-
Exterior front - Lovely.
Exterior back - Ugly.
Interior- WOW!!
Overall - Just ok. Looks are not to die for.
Why is Turbo priced 50lac more than the 4S? Specific reason?
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

The interiors just reek sheer class, the attention to detail is amazing. But unfortunately the exteriors are a big let down. Porcshe seems to convinced that every car it makes wether its an SUv or a four door saloon has to have the same nose, it simply doesnt fit. The rear is even more ridiculous. I think the new XJ will be a far better option.
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:36   #35
BHPian

Amazing Interiors, Looks could have still better for 1.4Cr
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:50   #36
BHPian

I was also at the launch and I have to say that this is the most luxurious sports car if i may call it one that i have sat in.. loved the interiors.. I spoke to Ashish about the turbo model and he revealed that he has booked one for himself! It will be here soon.. and i shall receive a call from the showroom to come and check it out
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:01   #37
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
It will be here soon.. and i shall receive a call from the showroom to come and check it out
It's already here. I was invited to the launch party at the Porsche Mumbai on 1st October, 2009 at 2000 hrs. It is a stunning car!!
Spent the entire evening chatting with Alan Marriage. He is such a gentleman and is so well informed about the vehicle!
The elite class included Gautam Singhania who walked in with me!
He came in a Tata Nano (MH 01 AL ****). I overheard him tell someone that the Panamera is overpriced and he cannot afford it.
Others included Leander Paes, Pankaj Udhas, etc.
There was a long line of Porsches outside the showroom. I am sure there must be other BHPians too but since i don't know anyone by face, could not recognize anyone!

The car on display was the Panamera S. Other variants are the 4S and the Turbo! The S retails for 1.51C ex-showroom Mumbai.

Going to the E-Class launch at the Trident this weekend. If anyone else will be there, kindly let me know. We can catch up.

Cheers!
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:03   #38
BHPian

akki.. Even i was at the launch.. walked in at 9ish.. the car on display was the s.. im talking about Ashish's personal panamera turbo which is gonna come down soon.. I was however pretty depressed over the turnout of the launch.. not many porsches parked outside either..not as many as I expected..
Im gona be there for the e class launch as well.. hopefully il see you there ..
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:40   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If I had to buy a 4 seater Porsche (highly unlikely), it would be the Cayenne Turbo over the Panamera. Somehow, Porsche & sedan just don't go down well for me (neither does the SUV BTW).

But given a choice in the Porsche showroom, it'd either be the Cayman S (and save some $$$ while at it) or 911 Turbo. Either car is enough to blow your mind. The Cayman S is also a surprisingly tight car, though the 911 turbo's performance is in a different league.

Will the Panamera sell in India? But of course. The 50 cars will be sold in a matter of weeks.
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Umm - that's what actually comes to my mind when I see it but it is at times clouded by the fact that it's a Porche. I may ogle at it when I see one on the road but most likely wont buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But given a choice in the Porsche showroom, it'd either be the Cayman S (and save some $$$ while at it) or 911 Turbo. Either car is enough to blow your mind. The Cayman S is also a surprisingly tight car, though the 911 turbo's performance is in a different league.
I saw a Cayman the other day along with a Cayenne. I somehow prefer the Cayenne to a Cayman. Many say it's ugly but I don't see their point. It's front is very much Porche and it looks mean and powerful. 911 is however a different question.

OT - Yay! My 300th post.

Last edited by asr245 : 3rd October 2009 at 16:59.
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:14   #41
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics and report Dippy.

Going by the success of the Porsche Cayenne over the Landcruisers and Pajero's, I'm sure the Panamera is gonna find its way into the Bollywood / industrialist market too. At the price its being sold for - the only competitors are the Bentley Flying Spur, the BMW 760 Li and the Mercedes S600.
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:40   #42
Team-BHP Support

It is a statement thing.

2005 Porsche Cayenne
2006 New S class
2007 Range Rover sport
2008 Audi Q7
2009 BMW 7 / Jag XF
2010 Panamera / Jag XJ
2011 Audi A8 / next Cayenne
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Nice pics and report Dippy.

Going by the success of the Porsche Cayenne over the Landcruisers and Pajero's, I'm sure the Panamera is gonna find its way into the Bollywood / industrialist market too. At the price its being sold for - the only competitors are the Bentley Flying Spur, the BMW 760 Li and the Mercedes S600.
and it'll look silly having a chauffeur drive it around while it is a drivers car. similar to whats happening to the umpteen cayennes with chauffeurs.
Old 3rd October 2009, 21:16   #44
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
not many porsches parked outside either..not as many as I expected..
Im gona be there for the e class launch as well.. hopefully il see you there ..
Dude there were 6 Porsches outside! 3 white Cayennes. 1 Red, 1 Yellow and 1 White Convertible. Thats quite a number!

yeah, i'll see you at the E launch.
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
I saw a Cayman the other day along with a Cayenne. I somehow prefer the Cayenne to a Cayman. Many say it's ugly but I don't see their point. It's front is very much Porche and it looks mean and powerful.
I think its the Porsche DNA not going well on an SUV. Mind you, its a fantastic car. Its only the looks and the overall character where its a bit awkward. If I could buy and was buying a Porsche, it'd be the sports cars (911, Boxter, Cayman, Carrera GT, etc.).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks