Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th October 2009, 16:59   #46
BHPian

Amazing job by Tata . They seem to be improving by leaps and bounds . As already pointed out , they need to put better and bigger alloys .
And why not beg , borrow or steal Fiat Palio's 1.6 engine !
Also dealers wouldnt put 1st anniversary logos on the seats , so it seems to be a factory job .
Keep it up Tata ! Looking forward to the Manza .
KRf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 17:10   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'd reserve the final judgement of the interiors after checking out the fit and finish. I was wowed by the vista interiors when they were launched, but the execution wasn't as perfect. lets see how they do this time around
Tell me about it.. One look 5 years back and i thought she was sexy and i got one for myself... Now i think she is b****y
+1 to you on that. I will wait and see how this / manza fares.. No more desi love unless they improve. Once is enough.
srikanths1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 22:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Whoa, wow man this is what special editions should be like.First anniversary model was good too and this one is addition to that.Superb.Hope the quality of plastics, beadings, handle fitting all are improved.When would this vista available, any dates and price, heard few pages before approx 30k more, so around 5.70-5.80/- on road price.I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
Are we sure that this is limited edition from Tata and not local dealer mod job, as I have not seen advertisement regarding this anywhere, even no other auto sites reporting it.
Official launch by Tata Motors is on October 10, 2009. Currently, the car is available for dealers to order and will only be advertised publicly on and after 10th October. The price difference is 29K-31K (depending on state taxation) over and above top variant Aura.
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 23:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

++++ to Tata for making a special edition make customer feel special unlike the special editions now available in Indian market for A/B segment cars . Interiors are really looking amazing. If this car is reliable as well , I dont see why anyone would want to go to Fiat or any other manufacturer.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 19:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Official launch by Tata Motors is on October 10, 2009. Currently, the car is available for dealers to order and will only be advertised publicly on and after 10th October. The price difference is 29K-31K (depending on state taxation) over and above top variant Aura.
Vista LE looks awesome! The 30K difference is nothing for the features one get. it is Tempting, but waiting for the Manza launch
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 23:10   #51
BANNED

The interiors looks really good in this car . as some one suggested , they should impliment this on the regular vista .
However when i see the vista limited edition pics, one question pops in my mind. Tata & Fiat are partners ..They say they share suppliers.
Why cant we get same nice interiors on Punto. above all India Vista saffire is 40K cheaper : Ex factory Mumbai.
Also there r some extra features what tata offers.sounds strange.
motor spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 01:06   #52
BHPian

i checked with chennai concorde but they told me it will take sometime before the car reach chennai....anybody here who touch and felt the product, BTW, found the complete dashboard picture of anniversary edition here Tata Indica Vista Limited Edition Review at Vicky SlideShow
gvvictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 10:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvvictor View Post
i checked with chennai concorde but they told me it will take sometime before the car reach chennai....anybody here who touch and felt the product, BTW, found the complete dashboard picture of anniversary edition here Tata Indica Vista Limited Edition Review at Vicky SlideShow
Same here, yesterday evening i went to check the vista anniversary edition and the manza, both the cars have not reached the dealer yet (TAFE).
v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 18:30   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
One look 5 years back and i thought she was sexy and i got one for myself... Now i think she is b****y
What had happened? I know its off the topic. Still...
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 21:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

any idea whether it will be/is launched with which of the engine options? i mean is it going to be available with the saffire petrol as well or only with the QJD? Has anyone checked it out yet??
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 22:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
any idea whether it will be/is launched with which of the engine options? i mean is it going to be available with the saffire petrol as well or only with the QJD? Has anyone checked it out yet??
Will be available in both Safire and QJD variants...
Old 13th October 2009, 23:16   #57
BHPian

Very good, but I am not fully convinced about the quality of the new bits. Attached image shows what happened to the 'gold effect' bonnet strip on the special edition of the Vista within 2 months of purchase (not my car). Not sure how clear the image is (blame it on the cell-phone cam), but it looked really bad in the metal.

(And no, I am not a Tata basher or FIAT/Honda fanboy or anything)

Another problem whcih I have seen with these special editions is the availablilty of the special bits, say, three years after the car is purchased. I really doubt if I would be able to procure these in case my car meets an accident. This applies not only to Tata, but others as well. Ask the guy who was looking for the S10 exhaust pipe finisher for instance (somehow not able to recall the name right away).
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista Anniversary Edition - Second Edition (Pics on Page 2)-06252009.jpg  

Last edited by vipul_singh : 13th October 2009 at 23:21.
vipul_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 00:18   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Very good, but I am not fully convinced about the quality of the new bits. Attached image shows what happened to the 'gold effect' bonnet strip on the special edition of the Vista within 2 months of purchase (not my car). Not sure how clear the image is (blame it on the cell-phone cam), but it looked really bad in the metal.

(And no, I am not a Tata basher or FIAT/Honda fanboy or anything)

Another problem whcih I have seen with these special editions is the availablilty of the special bits, say, three years after the car is purchased. I really doubt if I would be able to procure these in case my car meets an accident. This applies not only to Tata, but others as well. Ask the guy who was looking for the S10 exhaust pipe finisher for instance (somehow not able to recall the name right away).

The Gold Chrome plating was a disaster in last anniversary edition and hence its absence in second edition. Parts have always been / and will always be a problem with limited edition especially as they grow old but tht is the fun of it You start with a particular number, and slowly with time you dwindle down to single digits...

A lot of cars and variants of 70's and 80's have achieved cult status today because of their exclusivity.

As for maintenance, since most of these parts are cosmetic upgrades, you may not find the limited edition part in later years but you can always have 'normal' production part for replacement. But, as I mentioned, you would lose the exclusivity and become 'outcast'
Old 14th October 2009, 11:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
The interiors looks really good in this car . as some one suggested , they should impliment this on the regular vista .
However when i see the vista limited edition pics, one question pops in my mind. Tata & Fiat are partners ..They say they share suppliers.
Why cant we get same nice interiors on Punto. above all India Vista saffire is 40K cheaper : Ex factory Mumbai.
Also there r some extra features what tata offers.sounds strange.
+1, Punto already recovered the R&D investments of it and they can use the used dye around the world, but Vista's major sales from india and will take 5 years for the ROI. Fiat will call it build quality, though Punto & vista shares engine powertrain and even assembly plants. :-)

+2 "Make a hell a lot of money" is the corporate mantra.
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 12:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly, My TASC actually has a list of rates displayed for 'gold' plating various chrome bits on the existing indica. I never took them up on the offer, but i wonder if a similar process might help
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote