Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th July 2005, 01:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Maruti customer support

whenever on debating if Maruti name comes up then people are always saying about their nation wide A.S.S at the same time some mebers are saying that they have received bad service from Maruti

now a question came to my mind

were maruti's customer service that great to begine with?

or

were maruti's A.S.S. is said to be good because of its wide availibility which is even taking into consideration of road side mechanic who can fix maruti (though Swift might not classify for this)

what do you people think?

i think is the second option & since with newer cars road side mechanic won't be able to help you out may be maruti's customer service flaws are coming into light

Last edited by adya33 : 24th July 2005 at 01:43. Reason: topic title changed
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 11:38   #2
BHPian

it' not the ASS..its actually the dirt cheap spares...( not MGS...)..and every mechanic knowing his way through the maruti cars....

we should a grand vitara owner about his experience, similar with swift guys ( but there aint any substantial number of people....dunno why the delivery of swift' taking so much time for a company who has all ways and means right here in india......or are they trying to do it themselves...generating more and more hype )

IMHO, even the pre-sales experience with maruti people was not so good...not that resposive to queries, as if they dont need to sell....

so...i agree with adya on that
BuRnT RuBbEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 12:18   #3
RJK
Senior - BHPian

I'd think the reason Maurti's ASS is so hyped is because of the easy availibility of spares & yeah also as Burnt rubber says, almost every mechanic knows the way around the maruti's.
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 12:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

I agree with RJK adn Burnt Rubber. One is that the spare parts are cheap compared to the competition and are available everywhere. Secondly apart from road side mechanics knowing Maruti, the Maruti authorised service stations all over India.

Talkign about the Swift it wont be long before the regular mechanics come to know the car inside out.

Dippy
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 13:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Talkign about the Swift it wont be long before the regular mechanics come to know the car inside out.
sure they will get thru the engine depertment(but its MPFI,so roadside mechs will not be able to do all things) and maybe some minor fittings etc etc.

But....when something goes wrong in that Auto climate feature,or the abs,ebd.....etc that is when the trouble begins.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 13:28   #6
BHPian

And many a times, the road side mechanic doing a better job than authorised maruti fellows.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 14:04   #7
BHPian

Its as simple as this- If my Old matiz wuld have had some part failure (Which thankfully it did not, bless that car) in the middle of Rajasthan, for eg, the plastic iintake manifold (cost Rs 6500 odd) would i have been able to get a spare??????????
Revvhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 14:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme

But....when something goes wrong in that Auto climate feature,............that is when the trouble begins.

that auto climate control is just a gimmick in my opinion...a climate control without sensors...what does maruti want

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 24th July 2005 at 14:16. Reason: typo
Old 24th July 2005, 15:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
that auto climate control is just a gimmick in my opinion...a climate control without sensors...what does maruti want
actually, burnt rubber, the system does have a sensor in the dash- but only one, as opposed to the 6 sensors available in the version produced in u.k....

and yeah, maruti's A.S.S's are a tad overhyped..... i don't think the after sales support of maruti is any better than hyundai..... which, by the way, is pretty good..... but, it also differs from region to region; and the dealers, too..... some of the dealers go out of their way to help their customers, no matter which brand they hoard- maruti or fiat. and some are notorious for all the wrong reasons...like shah and sanghvi, in maruti's case....

i think it's the availability of spares that have earned them the fame- almost any maruti spare can be obtained, from the remotest of places.....

but then, does HM qualify..?? an ambassador is just as repairable as a maruti- and it can be fixed in a jiffy, no matter what the problem- and also, almost anything from rubberbands to twigs can be used to repair an amby....
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 15:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr

but they are never going to be able to fix it,if it fails.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 20:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dunno why the delivery of swift' taking so much time for a company who has all ways and means right here in india......or are they trying to do it themselves...generating more and more hype
Not really Burnt Rubber. Maruti's plants are currently working at full capacity. Remember.. last year they manufactured 583000(incl. exports) units in a 600,000 a year capacity plants. With that figure surely to cross the 600,000 mark this year, don't expect Maruti to have an easy job with capacity utilization issues.

Mind you, Jagdish Khattar has been instrumental in changing quite a few production issues since 2000, which is why Maruti, on an average, had a wait time of 3 weeks per vehicle until the Swift. Also the ancillary suppliers started off production with just 4000 units a month anticipated sales. With the figure set to cross the 6000 mark, expect them to take sometime till the situation normalizes.

But Maruti still needs to pull up their socks. They still have dealers who are omnipresent because of their political connections. Service can at best be termed above-average overall. Variations in service quality are present, but that is true with every manufacturer. Take Mumbai city for instance. Honda has one dealer who's reputation for service is questionable, while the other keeps setting records.

Yes, Hyundai by-far seems to show higher levels of consistency in after sales-service across dealers. What i like most about them is that they provide you with a spare car during major repairs which take days. Appreciable. I am slowly seeing other manufacturers following suit too.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 20:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
actually, burnt rubber, the system does have a sensor in the dash- but only one, as opposed to the 6 sensors available in the version produced in u.k....
i know that..and should'nt that only sensor b there somwhere near the rear seat???.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
but they are never going to be able to fix it,if it fails.
exactly..in the same way they refused to fix the power windows in case of one of my friends......swift Zxi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
Maruti's plants are currently working at full capacity.
and what should we say say about the red colour....when they know it is going to be the hot-seller..why not produce it in a little higher number...

anyways....maruti ASS is moderate....
Old 24th July 2005, 21:03   #13
BHPian

i have the same impression... at least in my city idea of people going into a A>S>S is only when they buy anew car...ie for the gaurantee / warranty part of it ... after that i feel 90 % of the people go in for local garages.... i think work quality... inadequate attention to the job is the main culprit
amitava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 21:13   #14
BHPian

Pre sales the dealers know they would be able to sell even if the response is not immaculate. After sales they know so many owners have nowhere to go .
Try to take the Baleno to a remote part and if something goes wrong I am sure non of us would be confident handing it for repairs. Its the 800, Alto and Esteem that get easy A.S.S rest....remains a risk.
nishant_kingpin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 21:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and what should we say say about the red colour....when they know it is going to be the hot-seller..why not produce it in a little higher number...
If they knew it, wouldn't they have done it.

Quote:
i know that..and should'nt that only sensor b there somwhere near the rear seat???.............
And why the rear seat? What is the logic behind it. Please explain. Besides, the reason why they place it behind the dashboard seems rather logical. The sensor is safer there where shocks are less and the chances of accidental or intended tampering are remote.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote