Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th September 2013, 09:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota’s new MUV for India???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Hi all, is there a new Toyota MUV planned for India? I spotted a new Toyota MUV today in Ghaziabad and it looked like a test mule. Apart from the Toyota logo, it had no other badges or decals. It was part of a convoy with a current gen Innova ahead of it and another one trailing it. All the three cars were grey in colour and were UP 16 registered. There were two more (CH registered) white Innovas around it, not sure if they were part of the convoy. That convoy overtook me from left and was going at high-speed. They took a turn towards Delhi and I had to go towards Noida, so couldn't click any pics. The shape was similar to Innova but it was much larger than Innova. It also had twin exhausts (integrated within the bumper) and the tail-lamps were large and horizontal (similar to Ipsum).

Mods: Please move to an appropriate thread if this is not the one.
Toyota vehicles should be KA registered. It could be the Honda "Mobilio" with a Toyota badge to hide the identity of the car. May be they were bench marking it with the Innova?
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 12:08   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

Toyota vehicles should be KA registered. It could be the Honda "Mobilio" with a Toyota badge to hide the identity of the car. May be they were bench marking it with the Innova?
Quite possible. I just searched images of Honda MPVs and what I saw, seems extremely close to Honda Odyssey. The horizontal tail lamps are of similar size and shape but the part connecting the two tail lamps was missing.

Last edited by Biraj : 14th September 2013 at 12:09.
Biraj is offline   Reply With Quote