Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 11:54   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Just confirmed the same from Kropex in hosur road. & also from Sundaram motors.

Max :8.13L ex showroom as advertised (There is a conflict here:First add in this thread shows that 8.13L* and *: LS written at the bottom of the add.)
When en quired
LS:9.12 L on road price comes to 10.27
LT:9.99L this on road price comes to 10.97

Hence there is no change in the price after recent discounts.
The figures mentioned in the site are right.
This offer was existing before few weeks of launching of Cruze.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 15th October 2009 at 11:57.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 16:02   #32
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,152
Thanked: 2,456 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Just confirmed the same from Kropex in hosur road. & also from Sundaram motors.

Max :8.13L ex showroom as advertised (There is a conflict here:First add in this thread shows that 8.13L* and *: LS written at the bottom of the add.)
When en quired
LS:9.12 L on road price comes to 10.27
LT:9.99L this on road price comes to 10.97

Hence there is no change in the price after recent discounts.
The figures mentioned in the site are right.
This offer was existing before few weeks of launching of Cruze.
In which case we just need to wait for further price drops from them - it is something that just has to happen and will happen.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 16:14   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Simple marketing move. They simply cannot cannibalize their Optra brand because of the new Cruze. This only shows their interest to retain their existing brand and of course SMOKE the competitors.

Imagine this 2 days ago...

Honda Civic Mkting/pricing guy : Oh God, the Cruze is a curse for us, better crucify me!! I should have dieselised the civic. (Bangs head)

Skoda Laura guy : Ah anyways TBHP is milking me dry, Let GM join them...!!!

VW Guys : What the... where did this come from!!

Toyota Corrola guy : Damn, I should have listened to the Fortuner guy!!!

Hyundai Sonata guy : My bad, I should have never accepted the promotion to the Sonata dept from Accent Dept...!!

Today/Now:

Hyundai accent + Honda ANHC guy + SX4 top end guy :
All others :

are you kidding?

first of all sonata embera is not just a promotion from accent but also from optra ,cruze,civic corolla, you are talking about a car of a much higher segment(accord segment)

am not sure how other sonata owners might take it...but being a sonata owner myself my opinions are quite contrary

i now believe no body can offer more value than hyundai at the price they are selling cars
besides sonata practically is accord beater (2006/07 model in particular)
considering the price difference

from my expirience i have seen the most bad opinions about sonata come from those who dont own one

i like the optra but i would consider it after sonata ,cos unlike optra sonata in distinctly a larger car, infact even larger than cruze!


i also have owned two accents earlier

chevrolet is value for money after hyundai...but at the end of the day both are koreans

Last edited by AMATMO : 15th October 2009 at 16:24.
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 22:54   #34
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Just confirmed the same from Kropex in hosur road. & also from Sundaram motors.

Max :8.13L ex showroom as advertised (There is a conflict here:First add in this thread shows that 8.13L* and *: LS written at the bottom of the add.)
When en quired
LS:9.12 L on road price comes to 10.27
LT:9.99L this on road price comes to 10.97

Hence there is no change in the price after recent discounts.
The figures mentioned in the site are right.
This offer was existing before few weeks of launching of Cruze.
I agree with you. I checked the prices with Kropex 2 weeks back. I got a quote for LS model for 10.1 and LT for 10.8 after all discounts and heavy bargain. Now I am thinking of going for 2008 optra from Chevy garage. I am not sure of what the drawbacks are in going for 2008 model, other than lesser resale value. Is it advisable to go for an earlier model if the price difference is almost a lakh?
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 02:30   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

So does that mean that the price of a used Optra MAgnum will also drop? I mean can I get one ,say a 2007 Optra Magnum TCDI for around 6Lakh or less?
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 06:31   #36
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
So does that mean that the price of a used Optra MAgnum will also drop? I mean can I get one ,say a 2007 Optra Magnum TCDI for around 6Lakh or less?
One of my friend was lucky enough to get a 2007 optra for 7 lakhs last month. His was a special case as he was hunting tirelessly for an optra. IMHO after cruze show and manza release, used optra prices should fall by atleast 50k.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 12:17   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I agree with you. I checked the prices with Kropex 2 weeks back. I got a quote for LS model for 10.1 and LT for 10.8 after all discounts and heavy bargain. Now I am thinking of going for 2008 optra from Chevy garage. I am not sure of what the drawbacks are in going for 2008 model, other than lesser resale value. Is it advisable to go for an earlier model if the price difference is almost a lakh?
You have got a discount of 20K on LT model?Can you give a break-up the same.
If the price difference is more between 08 & 09, you can go for it.
But pls remember, the resale value of 08 Optra in market is less, then negotiate having that in mind.
09 also have came to an end negotiate hard & check the mfd date of the vehicle during delivery.I've noticed that some parts were mfd in Germany when I popped up the hood.Thats a good sing having GMDAT in mind.

If people are not worried about resale value & planning to have that car for more than 2-3 years its really a good buy.Also 3y/45k comes handy.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 12:25   #38
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,152
Thanked: 2,456 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
So does that mean that the price of a used Optra MAgnum will also drop? I mean can I get one ,say a 2007 Optra Magnum TCDI for around 6Lakh or less?
Yes, possible, provided there is a seller.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 13:45   #39
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yes, possible, provided there is a seller.
i agree, my observation : owners are not really selling it. only few of them
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 14:26   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
MaserQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,156
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
One of my friend was lucky enough to get a 2007 optra for 7 lakhs last month. His was a special case as he was hunting tirelessly for an optra.
Not such a great deal anymore after the announcement of 'festive prices' and corresponding dip in used Optra values.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 14:31   #41
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
You have got a discount of 20K on LT model?Can you give a break-up the same.
If the price difference is more between 08 & 09, you can go for it.
But pls remember, the resale value of 08 Optra in market is less, then negotiate having that in mind.
I am yet to get the breakup.Will post it as soon as i get it. I am now confused whether to settle for Manza (7.5L), or spend that extra buck and jump to optra(9.5L).
If suspension and ride quality is good, I might tilt towards Manza since I am specific about long trips. Optra owners please share your suggestions. I am planning to book the car in a month.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 14:45   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,653
Thanked: 1,103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I wish it won't go the Getz CRDi way
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
So is this a repositioning of the Optra?

Or are they clearing stock and phasing it out?
Had a loooooong discussion with a senior guy in GM a few days back. Some good news. The Optra is not being phased out. Research shows that there is a good void for diesel sedans in the C segment, which the Verna CRDI and Fiesta TDCi are currently lapping up (No offence meant, but the Linea is still lagging behind as compared to these 2). Now that the Optra has passed out some years in production (reduced depreciation costs, paid off cost of dies etc) GM is in a position to price it lower and bring it into direct competition with Upper C segment sedans. In fact, even cost of spares is being looked into and will receive a possible "rationalization".

As a Verna CRDI owner myself, thats bad news . I have tested the Optra Magnum TDCI when buying my car, and feel it is a better car than the Verna CRDI in all respects (space, power, luxury et all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Are those rims and bodykit available as an option in the Optra now?! Looks sweet!
Nope. No significant changes in trim/engine options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
IMHO after cruze show and manza release, used optra prices should fall by atleast 50k.
Thats a general principle for any automobile. Price cuts of new cars invariably means second hand models will suffer a (usually greater pct) price cut.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 14:51   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Had a loooooong discussion with a senior guy in GM a few days back. Some good news. The Optra is not being phased out.
Yes. That's was they have been telling for long now. The launch of Cruze has forced them to reposition all their sedans. Simple.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 15:20   #44
BHPian
 
lionell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Jodhpur
Posts: 163
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Simple marketing move. They simply cannot cannibalize their Optra brand because of the new Cruze. This only shows their interest to retain their existing brand and of course SMOKE the competitors.

Imagine this 2 days ago...

Honda Civic Mkting/pricing guy : Oh God, the Cruze is a curse for us, better crucify me!! I should have dieselised the civic. (Bangs head)

Skoda Laura guy : Ah anyways TBHP is milking me dry, Let GM join them...!!!

VW Guys : What the... where did this come from!!

Toyota Corrola guy : Damn, I should have listened to the Fortuner guy!!!

Hyundai Sonata guy : My bad, I should have never accepted the promotion to the Sonata dept from Accent Dept...!!

Today/Now:

Hyundai accent + Honda ANHC guy + SX4 top end guy :
All others :
This is hilarious.

On the other hand a great move by GM. Karl Synn is doing a great job with GM in India, the cruze, beat and now this offer on the optra.

One thing I personally hated though: The new beige interiors on the UVA and Spark... But I guess there are a helluva lot of takers for beige in India.
lionell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I upgrade tyres for Optra Magnum dockap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 28 14th November 2013 15:47
Optra Magnum AC switching off during hard driving benzinblut Technical Stuff 21 30th June 2011 12:19
Test drive : Optra Magnum tcdi diesel cooldude1988765 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 350 15th October 2007 19:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks