Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd February 2014, 09:13   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat announces "Fiat First" - A Customer Care program

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
My punto purchased in Oct 2009 had RSA for 50 months till Dec 2013. Just called the RSA toll free number for renewal and they quoted 3400 for 12 months and 6600 for 24 months in a mail.

I think the prices are quite steep compared to the quote of 3000 for 50 months in the first page of this thread for new cars.

I don't think I'll renew the RSA if the rates are this high.
If I am right, you are comparing the first 50 months' rate with rate beyond that period, right? In my opinion that's not a fair comparison? For example, you get the first two years warranty free whereas you pay for the extended warranty? Unlike insurance premium which goes down with depreciating value of the vehicle, the warranty cost has to go up as the vehicle ages, right? BTW, I didn't know you can renew it after the 50 months.
prakash_ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:07   #152
Senior - BHPian

I was referring only to the road side assistance renewal and not the EW. I don't think the EW can be renewed but the RSA can.

Agree that the RSA cost will increase as the vehicle ages, but almost 5 times compared to a new car is way too high. I was also told that the RSA needs to be renewed within 1 month of expiry, and since I've crossed 1 month, they asked me to send the cheque and it will be returned if they don't consider the RSA.

Besides, someone I know in TFI purchased a RSA for his 3.5 yr old car at 3000/ for 50 months in Jan 2013.

I've written to fiat for a clarification, let'see what happens of it.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 2nd February 2014 at 11:15.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:30   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I was referring only to the road side assistance renewal and not the EW. I don't think the EW can be renewed but the RSA can.

Agree that the RSA cost will increase as the vehicle ages, but almost 5 times compared to a new car is way too high. I was also told that the RSA needs to be renewed within 1 month of expiry, and since I've crossed 1 month, they asked me to send the cheque and it will be returned if they don't consider the RSA.

Besides, someone I know in TFI purchased a RSA for his 3.5 yr old car at 3000/ for 50 months in Jan 2013.

I've written to fiat for a clarification, let'see what happens of it.
Many Insurance providers give towing and roadside assistance as a free add on. Once when my Punto broke down near Tada due to the infamous clutch slave cylinder, I availed Fiat's RSA, the towing vehicle came from Allianz. It seems Fiat had tied up with Allianz to provide this service in Chennai

Check with your existing Insurance provider whether he provides such a service for free or at a cost.
donzerus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote