Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th November 2015, 17:47   #541
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Comedy of Errors at Indian Dealerships

I should have replied to the post, but I liked the advice to act naive and ignorant and see what the sales people tell, and thus their knowledge and honesty, or lack of them, are clearly shown
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 22:51   #542
Default Re: Comedy of Errors at Indian Dealerships

This is about the test drive of Audi Q3 which I took recently. immaculately dressed sales executive is sitting next to me.

Me: Tell me frankly now. Whats the real reason for not providing a proper full spare tyre? why a donut tyre which you can't drive as fast as the stock ones?

Sales person doesn't know what to say. He thinks thinks and then says...
"Sir, the full sized spare tyre weighs 25 Kilos!! When Audi designs the cars, they pay lot of attention to dynamics and aerodynamics of the car... this much extra weight would disturb the driving dynamics !!!"

Me: ......Im stunned. Then I recover and ask him-
"so tell me then.... Today there are 2 passengers weighing 65 Kilos are sitting in my Q3. Tomorrow another weighing 100kilos comes in and sits in one of the rear seats. is my Q3 going to topple???"

Now he is clueless

Last edited by bblost : 5th August 2016 at 23:25. Reason: Deleted an extra smiley. Thanks.
dezrskb is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote