Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th September 2012, 13:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Handling changes in driving licence

My DL is an old paperbook type DL. It was almost shreading to pieces hencethought of converting it to a PVC card as well as get the address changed to the current address. I stay south of Bangalore in RR Nagar on Mysore road. I thought I will put down my experience at handling this procedure in RTO.

1. I went to RTO on Mysore road near RV college. Closest to my place. 10 am was openign time and noone turned up till 10-15 am. When I asked them the process one gentleman informed me that I need to go to Gnyanabharathi RTO near Vidhyaniketan School.

2. I drove down to the RTO near Vidhyaniketan school. reached there with an hand written application and copy of my passport for address proof (As advised in the RTO website) - http://rto.kar.nic.in/coa-lldlclcss.html.

3. On reaching the RTO I approached the helpdesk in the enterance itself. There are two personel there who verify the documents and clear them. I was told by them that I need to fill DL renewal form. I didn't object but filled the same.

4. I was also asked to buy a postal cover that is available by a vendor outside the venue. he charged 20 Rs. for a 12 rs. postal cover (I think the DL will come through speed post). this is not there in the website of RTO. If you don't want to overpay buy a postal cover with 12 rs. stamp on the same.

5. The whole documents were now verified and signed off by the helpdesk personnel and I was asked to pay a fees of 225 at the cash counter. 176 for RTO and 49 Rs. for the Smartcard vendor. (Please ensure that you ask for smartcard fee stamp and stick the smartcard fee stamp on to the original bill).

6.Next stop is at the ARTO office. he just validates that I have verified signature and I have paid the fees 225 rs. and then signs of in Green ink. (Room 6)

7. Next you move to biometric scanning and webcam photo area (Room 3 I think). Here your left thumb fingerprint is taken, You are asked to sign on a magnetic board, and then your photo is taken and the same is noted on the cash receipt.

8. Final stop is at Room 5 where you pin up the entire documentation (request Letter, DL renewal form, Copy of passport, original DL and original Fee receipt) and give it to the clerk there who notes the receipt number, name and the request you have made in a book and then gives you an acknowledgement that he has received the documents on a specific date with the seal of ARTO and his own short signature.

this is where your process ends. you need to wait for 30 days and pray that you get the license by post on time. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get my DL by Mid october.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 18:19   #17

Guys,

Does anyone know whether the renewed license will have the date of original issue? Its kind of important since it seems like the rental companies in Europe also looks at the number of years you had held the driving license before renting you a luxury car. I am planning to renew my license in Kerala which was issued in Rajasthan and will be moving to Germany next year.

Thanks,
Ajesh
ajeshnrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 17:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeshnrd View Post
Guys,

Does anyone know whether the renewed license will have the date of original issue? Its kind of important since it seems like the rental companies in Europe also looks at the number of years you had held the driving license before renting you a luxury car. I am planning to renew my license in Kerala which was issued in Rajasthan and will be moving to Germany next year.

Thanks,
Ajesh
I am not sure if you have received answer to your question but let me put my experience. I have renewed my license from booklet to smartcard in Maharashtra. In my case everything remained same, including the date of issue of original license but just that I was given a smartcard. Had to submit all the documents though with the application.
shipnil is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 12:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
this is where your process ends. you need to wait for 30 days and pray that you get the license by post on time. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get my DL by Mid october.
Buddy, did you eventually get your DL by speed post?
pareshraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 15:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Default AP Govt leading in Information Technology - Goes back in time

How AP is progressing!! Never expected such a sham to happen with Mr Naidu gaarus regime. I know after the partition AP is poor, but doesn't have to get so stoop levels inorder to raise money!!

Date of renewal : 03/02/2017
Date Till Validity : 10/10/2016

Probably AP has invented a time machine or are they symbolically hinting that AP is running back to stone ages?

The gentleman affected due to this license drama is my colleague's (Mahesh Tatipi) Father Mr Divakar Babu Tatipi.

The RTO people are so filthy that they're now not only blaming my colleague's Father for this mess up but also asking to pay again. Guys, any suggestions as what can be done without paying further to fix this?

Handling changes in driving licence-a1.jpg

Handling changes in driving licence-a2.jpg
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 15:25   #21
BHPian

Default Re: AP Govt leading in Information Technology - Goes back in time

This seems to be some computer error, file a written complaint in the concerned RTO with a CC to the Ministry of Transport. They will be obligated to rectify the mistake and issue a new Driving License.
luvtandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 19:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: AP Govt leading in Information Technology - Goes back in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
This seems to be some computer error, file a written complaint in the concerned RTO with a CC to the Ministry of Transport. They will be obligated to rectify the mistake and issue a new Driving License.
This is 100% clerical mistake!! Worst thing being my colleague's Father is being FORCED to pay for the correction to be done, which is no fault of his.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote