Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th October 2009, 08:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be VW is rolling up its sleeves for India as well. That a good sign they way VW present itself for the Indian customers rather than its sister SKODA.

VW: pls bring down latest gen product to India. Are you listening?
Old 27th October 2009, 08:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I read the same thing in Autocar India. Its highly possible that this could be the new Octavia.
Please correct me if I am wrong few months back didn't ACI write that Polo Sedan will be a competition for the Dzire?
Also if Polo is positioned in Swift territory wouldn't it be logical for it to be placed little above Dzire? (assuming increased wheelbase for the Polo sedan unlike the Dzire)
Another possibility is a basic 1.2L competing with the Dzire while a powerful Tsi with all the Gizmos and very distinct visual changes under a all new brand name will take octavia's place. I am just guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
3) The biggest question, where will they place ? Polo lets say will be from 5-7 lakh. 7-9 they have Fabia. 9-12 lakh they have Octy and above that they have Laura, Jetta, Passat superb.

Polo will fight Swift/i20. Fabia competes with Jazz.
OT: Fabia above Polo which means Skoda positioned as a premium brand above VW? Won't be that be the first globally for VW - Skoda equation?
I am expecting a downgrade for Fabia and Polo taking it's spot.
Old 27th October 2009, 09:56   #18
BHPian

The Polo sedan is will no where below 6L. my prediction from current source is 6.5L+ for Polo sedan.

VW still a VW ,premium is still premium,
don't expect a German car prices at japaness prices here.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post

1) Please correct me if I am wrong few months back didn't ACI write that Polo Sedan will be a competition for the Dzire?
Also if Polo is positioned in Swift territory wouldn't it be logical for it to be placed little above Dzire? (assuming increased wheelbase for the Polo sedan unlike the Dzire)
Another possibility is a basic 1.2L competing with the Dzire while a powerful Tsi with all the Gizmos and very distinct visual changes under a all new brand name will take octavia's place. I am just guessing.

2) Fabia above Polo which means Skoda positioned as a premium brand above VW? Won't be that be the first globally for VW - Skoda equation?
I am expecting a downgrade for Fabia and Polo taking it's spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post
The Polo sedan is will no where below 6L. my prediction from current source is 6.5L+ for Polo sedan.

VW still a VW ,premium is still premium,
don't expect a German car prices at japaness prices here.
1) ACI expected Jetta to be in the range of Rs 10-12 lakh, its above that currently. Except for TSI, IMO, the NA motors from VW cannot take fight to K12 or Honda Jazz motors. Polo sedan will be heavier than Polo which itself is a bit heavy. So 1.2 equipped Polo sedan cannot dream to compete with Swift Dzire.

To put ACI's facts under perspective, they also claimed that Linea will come with 140-150 bhp 1.9 MJD. What we have here currently ?

2) IMO, VW is finding it tough to penetrate into India market because of skoda. Skoda has established itself as a premium brand which delayed the entry of VW in the first place.
So Polo below Fabia looks like a firm possibility.

3) If Polo sedan is 6.5+ then, polo is below that mostly in 5-7 lakh category.
And I fail to understand why VW can command premium. I think the absence of rivals like Peugeot, Renault, Citroen and low penetration of Fiat allows VW to be at such a high premium. In Europe these manufacturers are giving tough fight to VW as their cars are also well built and Peugeot is quite entertaining to drive.

If VW puts Polo and Polo sedan at a premium, I hope they get beaten by competition.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) If VW puts Polo and Polo sedan at a premium, I hope they get beaten by competition.
It would be suicidal, look at what Skoda did to Fabia - premium pricing, poor reliability, pathetic A$$.... translated to poor volumes!

So for VW to succeeed, get a reliable product, price it VFM and back it with A.$.$ else pack off and leave like to the others did (Peugot, Opel).

I already see many walking off VW just because of limited service centers, something VW needs to fix before going mainstream.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:10   #21
BHPian

europeans know their design guys don't worry this will not be akward at all
Old 27th October 2009, 14:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

VW seems to be on a roll. Good for us. Lots of choices in 2010.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:13   #23
BHPian

2012 VW Polo Sedan Spied - Headed for U.S.

Worldcarfans says Polo Sedan is going to Make International Debut in Auto Expo 2010
Old 18th March 2010, 15:38   #24
BHPian

As per news with me from inside VW Plant. Polo Sedan will be launched in India in August 2010.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:39   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
As per news with me from inside VW Plant. Polo Sedan will be launched in India in August 2010.
Does that mean Golf gets pushed out? I was expecting it by Mid 2011.
Old 19th March 2010, 03:01   #26
BHPian

please look at other threads, its not the polo sedan that it is coming to India, but its the Volkswagen GOL
Old 19th March 2010, 07:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
please look at other threads, its not the polo sedan that it is coming to India, but its the Volkswagen GOL
Actually, you heard it wrong or whoever started that thread was under the wrong impression. VW Gol is not coming to India - It is VW Polo sedan. If you have noticed, VW is not coming out with the promised 1.6 Hatch. Instead, it has been replaced by VW Polo sedan - and it is an amazing vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
2012 VW Polo Sedan Spied - Headed for U.S.

Worldcarfans says Polo Sedan is going to Make International Debut in Auto Expo 2010
Polo sedan had already made it debut - pretty long back. We will be getting the previous version of Volkswagen Polo sedan. From what the VW dealer said - it should be available in India within the first 6 months from when VW polo hatch made its debut in India

The link you had provided hints of a TDI engine. Unfortunately, that is also not true. It will be a CRDi engine. VW will only be launching a petrol version in India this year. The diesel version will take several more moons to reach us.

Last edited by Dippy : 19th March 2010 at 09:24. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
If you have noticed, VW is not coming out with the promised 1.6 Hatch. Instead, it has been replaced by VW Polo sedan
Hi cyged, you have been saying this many times in the forum, but you haven't yet backed it up. What is the source of your information that the 1.6 hatch is not coming? It is still shown on the VW India website.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:31   #29
BHPian

After the Polo hatch launch, isn't a six months time horizon for the Sedan launch way too short. I somehow don't believe VW will rush with car launches for the following 2 reasons:
1. VW needs to concentrate on the Polo hatch and meet customer expectations in terms of car deliveries, servicing etc. After the Jetta & Passat, the hatch is their first mass market launch.
2. Not enough dealerships. Even with a mass market product, VW have been woefully short on ramping up their dealer / service network.
Old 19th March 2010, 12:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmur View Post
Reminds me of the old Jetta in proportions.

Also I feel that its about the size of Verna but a little more wider.
my exact thoughts. For me it looks mix like a octy-ish verna!

they should have more dealership befor they plan to give more cars to india.
Closed Thread