Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 12:39   #631
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

No one can beat VW when it comes to advertising!
Attached Images
 
theragingbull is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 13:42   #632
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni_s View Post
IMO that the interior design is nearly a decade old. Somehow, I am always reminded of an Alto when I see the dashboard. It is engineered well no doubt, but aesthetically it's scores very low for me. And the Trendline is terribly spec'd. A mid-trim is badly needed or sales is unlikely to be good after the initial euphoria dies down.
So far, no reason for me to change my decision on booking a Fiesta :-)
I agree, its a very conventional design, especially the dashboard...nothing new, looks a very traditional oldish design.

Also,
NO dead clutch
NO steering wheel controls
NO start/stop button
NO bluetooth

In a 9-10 lakh car, these must be included. i am waiting for the 2011 Fiesta to launch...i love its funky design and features.
pamishra is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 14:51   #633
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,332
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

same interiors as the polo. I hate it when these europeans take us for granted.

They the interiors of the Polo and the vento are Exactly the same. while there is a diff in the rear leg room and the engine, we would love to see changes in the interiors.

i think vw should realize we indians love to show off our cars to our neighbours, friends, relatives, imagine : 'look at my new Vento from the inside, oopss its exactly the same as the cheaper polo'.

very bad from vw.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 14:57   #634
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,033 Times
Default

^^ Most hatch derived sedans share the same interiors, Punto-Linea, Swift-Dzire, Indica-Indigo, Vista-Manza all share the same interiors. So why blame only VW?

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th July 2010 at 14:58.
.anshuman is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 15:11   #635
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

there's HUGE difference in interiors of Manza and Vista. Central console to start with ...
WindRide is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 15:18   #636
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

I really like the understated look of the dashboard in both Polo and Vento. Very high quality of materials inside make all the difference. For those who dislike the interiors, sit inside it and I'm sure you'll change your opinion. IMO, this is anyday much better than the ANHC, Fiesta, Linea.
theragingbull is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 15:25   #637
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,332
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ Most hatch derived sedans share the same interiors, Punto-Linea, Swift-Dzire, Indica-Indigo, Vista-Manza all share the same interiors. So why blame only VW?
other than the punto linea, the price difference between the hatch - sedan is not much, and hence one can understand that to keep costs low, there is sharing of equipment.

but in this case one is paying a premium. and hence there has to be a different look and feel. the dashboard is not soft touch too. Hell, swift gives a soft touch dashboard.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 15:38   #638
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

The dashboard design is obviously kept same to minimise costs,anyway it doesnt look bad.VW group is always known for its understated design,so should not expect any different.
Surprisingly Start-Stop button is already becoming a deal breaker in cars!.Kudos to Nissan
avishar is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 16:10   #639
BHPian
 
ashok_lat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 300
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Well, in whole Europe, black interiors are the norm.

Frankly, I am ok with 'Black-Beige' interiors. I think the combination has been tastefully done in POLO. What I am skeptical is the 'Brown-Beige' interiors. I think 'Brown' will look cheapo!

I also think that the interiors in cars like SX4 and i20 have 'brown' just to make them different from 'black-beige' combo (I think the interior quality of i20 is fine;not the colour)
We are not disliking the interiors.. we are just hoping that VW could have given a option to choose interiors.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 8th July 2010 at 16:16.
ashok_lat is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 16:16   #640
BHPian
 
rpmx1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 392
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
What next?
Probably adaptive cruise control , when most cars don't have cruise control as standard
rpmx1000 is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 16:30   #641
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,033 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Probably adaptive cruise control , when most cars don't have cruise control as standard
I would love to have more safety equipment like curtain airbags, All wheel disc brakes, ESP etc. before all that fancy stuff.
.anshuman is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 16:34   #642
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Surprisingly Start-Stop button is already becoming a deal breaker in cars!.Kudos to Nissan
I really doubt if it is going to be a deal breaker. Actually there would be many who will still like cranking the engine the old way .
I know this is OT, but I don't know how exactly this button works. Is it like in Outlander, where you just need to have the actual key in your pocket?
How are different positions (positon I II III as in convention ignition & a key) achieved in a button? My AT doesn't allow me to pull out the ignition key if the car is in 'gear'. How are these 'fail safe' mechanismas achieved in case of a button?
On the other hand, if you need to insert the key and still need to push a button, that isn't very smart.

Last edited by Guna : 8th July 2010 at 16:36.
Guna is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 17:09   #643
BHPian
 
crackingride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
They the interiors of the Polo and the vento are Exactly the same. while there is a diff in the rear leg room and the engine, we would love to see changes in the interiors.

i think vw should realize we indians love to show off our cars to our neighbours, friends, relatives, imagine : 'look at my new Vento from the inside, oopss its exactly the same as the cheaper polo'.

very bad from vw.
Well that is part of the problem, isnt it? The Vento is the same as the CHEAPER Polo here, but in the rest of the world, the Vento is the same inside as the MORE EXPENSIVE polo.

It is the hatchback owners who are wondering why they are paying so much for a hatch when the Vento is priced a couple thousand (local currency unit here) cheaper.

That is purely down to the fact that the Vento is the cost-cut lummox.
Out here our usual show-off-the-midget-sedan attitude is what gets us a half baked hatch to undercut the equally half baked sedan.

There were many of us hoping for the Polo to launch AT LEAST with features in the Indian/ Russian versions of the VENTO. That didnt happen, but obviously the parts are there and the platform has not been so radically modified that they are not able to add the good bits on later.
Now that those bits are showing up on the Vento, people are complaining about that too?
Give the poor souls who wanted a decent hatch a break. All we can do is hope the mythical 1.6 hatch will have the stuff they have on the Vento. (without that ridiculous rear-seat access to front seat adjustment~ your kids are going to keep kicking that lever all the way from your home to your destination)

Last edited by crackingride : 8th July 2010 at 17:16.
crackingride is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 17:21   #644
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

I like the sparse, clean look of the dash, less nooks and corners for the dust to accumulate.

And with all the fancy gadgetry that we are dreaming of, we are probably looking at 11 lac + Car.

Start Stop button, reminds more of a Bus and you still might have to insert the key, (unless we get some kind o biometric identification to authorise the start) we can also think the old time Jeeps with a stop button.

As regards to other gizmos like Cruise Control, Auto Lights, Rain Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Steering mounted audio controls, etc etc, are more of a feel good equipment rather than a major utility (No offence meant as this is strictly going by personal experience with my present vehicle).

All wheel disc brakes, ABS & EBD, definately Yes from the safety point of view, but better as options rather than standard versions.

May be once our car market matures more we may have the option to customise and order the regular cars as per the budget and requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The dashboard design is obviously kept same to minimise costs,anyway it doesnt look bad.VW group is always known for its understated design,so should not expect any different.
Surprisingly Start-Stop button is already becoming a deal breaker in cars!.Kudos to Nissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Probably adaptive cruise control , when most cars don't have cruise control as standard
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I would love to have more safety equipment like curtain airbags, All wheel disc brakes, ESP etc. before all that fancy stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I really doubt if it is going to be a deal breaker. Actually there would be many who will still like cranking the engine the old way
I know this is OT, but I don't know how exactly this button works. Is it like in Outlander, where you just need to have the actual key in your pocket?
How are different positions (positon I II III as in convention ignition & a key) achieved in a button? My AT doesn't allow me to pull out the ignition key if the car is in 'gear'. How are these 'fail safe' mechanismas achieved in case of a button?
On the other hand, if you need to insert the key and still need to push a button, that isn't very smart.
m_upreti is offline  
Old 8th July 2010, 17:24   #645
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

@Guna You should check out the Micra test drive in the test drive threads.GTO has done a fabulous job of clearing all doubts as to how this stop/start,keyless system works.
avishar is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Merc working on G65 //AMG Bi-Turbo V12! EDIT : Spy pics added Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 7 13th April 2012 17:07
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 119 3rd August 2011 15:14
2010 Blind Man Car Rally Mumbai. 7th Feb 2010 EDIT: Report & Pics added page 4 Dippy Indian Motorsport 57 3rd June 2010 16:38
SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo! benbsb29 The Indian Car Scene 258 24th September 2009 11:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks