Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 13:00   #676
BHPian
 
johnjacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore, INDIA
Posts: 344
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
1.6 petrol, 1.6 diesel, 105 ps for both, 25 plus KG-M torque for TDI, 6 speed automatic only in 1.6 petrol
Hi Sid or anybody else... do you know if this six speed auto is a DSG or a conventional torque convertor automatic? A DSG would be a first on a car of this class.

Also, another thread here mentions that VW may come up with an automatic for the Polo as well. A 1.6 Polo with DSG would be my dream machine.
johnjacob is offline  
Old 16th July 2010, 13:15   #677
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

well i would have liked a autobox diesel i guess not happening but its perfect timing, i wanna upgrade from my cvt city but there is no car in between 10 - 20 laks at all. i love the superb but that too petrol is like 24 laks in bombay. this is perfect if its under 11 laks i think the city is then prehistoric itself. rains will be over by september diwali will be round the corner. cant wait for prices i hope they dont place this car with the civic i hope it beats around the city itself. 10 laks for auto 6 speed im happy.
jesal is offline  
Old 16th July 2010, 20:44   #678
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
well i would have liked a autobox diesel i guess not happening but its perfect timing, i wanna upgrade from my cvt city but there is no car in between 10 - 20 laks at all.
Check out Jetta/Laura DSG as well as Cruze A/T. Both are fine products under 20.
Mpower is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 00:45   #679
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 534 Times
Default

Saw Vento petrol AT at VW Moti Nagar today in the service area, went for a routine check up of my Polo. The car certainly looks very promising and was at par with all the c segment sedans we have. The rear seat has more leg room that the polo and reasonably good.


Rear AC vents is a good feature, the integrated head unit, climate contol unit and the Gear Shifter knob looked very upmarket (IMHO better than ANHC, I dont like the center console). Airbags, ABS, electric mirrors added value to the car.

However, the petrol engine did make some noise when cranked, similar to the 1.2 though with a softer note. But when I reversed the car or moved it forward, there was no noise as such. Just managed to do a little forward reverse forward.

From the outside, it looks really good, the boot has so wonderfully been added to Polo that one cannot say that it is based on a hatch (atleast a normal person). I wish, they would have given given smoked headlamps..
the tail lights again looked simple and nice, reminded me of fiesta tail lights (anyone else found them similar?). All in all, a nice looking sedan with a proportionate body unlike the dezire and the manza which are also based on hatchs.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 03:53   #680
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Check out Jetta/Laura DSG as well as Cruze A/T. Both are fine products under 20.
jetta and laura are stupid useless 20 lak cars no features no toys nothing at all. crappy value for money no sunroof as well. cruze is nice but the grey interior is a big let down my folks did not like it. black or beige would be nice even as option really.
jesal is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 04:27   #681
Senior - BHPian
 
ashutoshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 1,102
Thanked: 630 Times
Default

Would suggest you to do a recheck on the the Cruze. The interiors in this pic look like beige to me. It could be greige too! Still, worth checking.


Pic source: HEAD TO HEAD : Chevrolet Cruze vs Volkswagen Jetta
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ashutoshb : 17th July 2010 at 04:28. Reason: typo error rectification
ashutoshb is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 11:38   #682
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Would suggest you to do a recheck on the the Cruze. The interiors in this pic look like beige to me. It could be greige too! Still, worth checking.


Pic source: HEAD TO HEAD : Chevrolet Cruze vs Volkswagen Jetta
indian cruze has dull grey interiors whose old skool ones. this looks beige. over the rest of the world cruze does have diff. color interior choices but not in india. in dubai even orange is present. i love the car but the grey and 16.5 lak price is a BIG downer for a chevy that costs 8 laks in dubai itself.
jesal is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 12:52   #683
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,847
Thanked: 7,246 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Would suggest you to do a recheck on the the Cruze. The interiors in this pic look like beige to me. It could be greige too! Still, worth checking.
No, that's not beige. Beige has a creamy, browny look. One of the most nondescript colours ever: how car manufacturers got the idea that it is posh beats me. Just goes to show the idiocy of marketing departments!

greige... Yep: spot on with that one!
Thad E Ginathom is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 12:53   #684
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

OT: Gaurav, I must have missed this, I didn't know you'd got yourself a Polo, so, Congratulations. Time to dig out your ownership thread!

Now, back to the topic, thanks for your first impressions -
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Airbags, ABS, electric mirrors added value to the car.
Electric fold as well or just electric adjustment? And, how would you rate the rear legroom in comparison to the Cedia?

(As you may have guessed, I'm looking at the Vento 1.6 very closely for obvious reasons )
suman is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 13:01   #685
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,847
Thanked: 7,246 Times
Default

Missed your post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Rear AC vents is a good feature, the integrated head unit, climate contol unit and the Gear Shifter knob looked very upmarket (IMHO better than ANHC, I dont like the center console). Airbags, ABS, electric mirrors added value to the car.
This sounds like the Vento will have some of those small details, missing on the Polo, that might clinch it for me!

I didn't want a bigger car, but hey...
Thad E Ginathom is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 14:34   #686
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Saw Vento petrol AT at VW Moti Nagar today in the service area, went for a routine check up of my Polo. The car certainly looks very promising and was at par with all the c segment sedans we have. The rear seat has more leg room that the polo and reasonably good.


Rear AC vents is a good feature, the integrated head unit, climate contol unit and the Gear Shifter knob looked very upmarket (IMHO better than ANHC, I dont like the center console). Airbags, ABS, electric mirrors added value to the car.

However, the petrol engine did make some noise when cranked, similar to the 1.2 though with a softer note. But when I reversed the car or moved it forward, there was no noise as such. Just managed to do a little forward reverse forward.

From the outside, it looks really good, the boot has so wonderfully been added to Polo that one cannot say that it is based on a hatch (atleast a normal person). I wish, they would have given given smoked headlamps..
the tail lights again looked simple and nice, reminded me of fiesta tail lights (anyone else found them similar?). All in all, a nice looking sedan with a proportionate body unlike the dezire and the manza which are also based on hatchs.
Hey Gaurav - Good find.

How good is the rear leg room. If you take Fiesta at one end and ANHC at the other end, where do you think Vento stands as far as the rear leg room is concerned?

As asked by Suman, are they giving electric folding RVMs or just electrically adjustable RVMs?
oss is offline  
Old 17th July 2010, 16:23   #687
BHPian
 
gupta_chd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ludhiana/Chandigarh
Posts: 157
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

I will be delighted if it is able to give a good shudder to Honda City.

OT: I think most of people love Honda's cars, but still want them to learn a lesson mainly due to their pricing.
gupta_chd is offline  
Old 18th July 2010, 04:05   #688
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers. Also, do NOT post any sexist messages on this community.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission.

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2010 at 10:59.
jesal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th July 2010, 11:20   #689
BHPian
 
gupta_chd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ludhiana/Chandigarh
Posts: 157
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st July 2010 at 11:14.
gupta_chd is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th July 2010, 12:20   #690
BHPian
 
rutwij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Does not this look like a copy of a Ford fiesta/Figo from the front?
rutwij is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Merc working on G65 //AMG Bi-Turbo V12! EDIT : Spy pics added Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 7 13th April 2012 17:07
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 119 3rd August 2011 15:14
2010 Blind Man Car Rally Mumbai. 7th Feb 2010 EDIT: Report & Pics added page 4 Dippy Indian Motorsport 57 3rd June 2010 16:38
SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo! benbsb29 The Indian Car Scene 258 24th September 2009 11:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks