Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 21:01   #811
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
thats looking amazing in red!

but its the highline. as per vw, highline wont be available in red, only trendline will. hope the highline is available in all 6 shades.
Highline comes in all colours (even the colours available on Trendline is available on Highline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
OIs it just your general wish or do you have indications that it will be priced absurdly

Also, I thought that 'Red' colour will not come in highline trim. But this one seems to have alloy wheels so I am assuming that it is the highline. Will the red coluor come in highline? I want it to!
Yes it is a highline.
srikant is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 00:17   #812
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,848
Thanked: 7,255 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The front looks good and back is ok. But they don't connect so well.
That's exactly my problem!

But if I hide myself in a good-looking car...

Sorry...
Thad E Ginathom is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 10:24   #813
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default

VW has done a good job (as always) in stretching the polo into Vento. its very well designed and both 1.6 engines do justice to the car.

it cannot be compared to the likes of dezire, sucks4(SX4) or even ANHC. its above these cars.

im surprised to read some of the comments made by fellow forum members about the Vento missing few things, or not matching ANHC in terms of equipments.

all i have to say is that ANHC is making hay while the sun shines, the real competition to it has arrived in the shape of VENTO.

waiting eagerly for the bookings to start and then get a highline 1.6 petrol, manual.
Parm is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 10:36   #814
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
it cannot be compared to the likes of dezire, sucks4(SX4) or even ANHC. its above these cars.

im surprised to read some of the comments made by fellow forum members about the Vento missing few things, or not matching ANHC in terms of equipments.

all i have to say is that ANHC is making hay while the sun shines, the real competition to it has arrived in the shape of VENTO.

waiting eagerly for the bookings to start and then get a highline 1.6 petrol, manual.
I agree. The only downside I see against other competitors I see is A.S.S. Hopefully VW won't mess up in that aspect. It's a risk I am planning to take.

Petrol 1.6 manual? ACI recommends the diesel engine for better low end torque. And 6 speed AT is very tempting. I'd probably consider these two, but diesel NVH level is something I want to check before taking the plunge.
sureshaddagalla is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 10:45   #815
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,580
Thanked: 823 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That's exactly my problem!

But if I hide myself in a good-looking car...

Sorry...
I bought the Autocar mag yesterday to check out additional snaps. They have a red one which looks really good.

Waiting to see it in person (the car...)
srishiva is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 10:49   #816
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

Thad, That is because you first saw Polo.
poloman is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 11:24   #817
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
I agree. The only downside I see against other competitors I see is A.S.S. Hopefully VW won't mess up in that aspect. It's a risk I am planning to take.

Petrol 1.6 manual? ACI recommends the diesel engine for better low end torque. And 6 speed AT is very tempting. I'd probably consider these two, but diesel NVH level is something I want to check before taking the plunge.
i agree on the A.S.S of VW.

considering that i took the TD of the Polo in april in NOIDA and in july the dealer was shut and moved out!!!

now i had to go all the way to south ex in delhi (Bhasin Motors) to get details of the polo 1.6 and Vento 1.6 (both petrols).

no VW in NOIDA!!! (is VW India monitering TBhp?)
Parm is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 11:55   #818
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Introducing Vento - mass mail from VW india

Got this mass mail from VW India. But their web page does not have Vento as a product yet. and the pictures attached to the mail was small thumbnails.
----------------------


Dear Sir / Madam,
The new Volkswagen Vento is born of true passion. From the elegantly styled exterior to the powerful 1.6L diesel and petrol engines, each part of it has been crafted to perfection. With its quality engineering, sturdiness and driving dynamics, it truly sets a benchmark in its class. The new Volkswagen Vento has been completely designed to the needs and expectations of the Indian consumer.


If you would like to know more Sign up to experience the new Volkswagen Vento


Warm regards,
Volkswagen India.
------------------

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th July 2010 at 12:19. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Tsixty1 is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 13:08   #819
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Another piece of information. Vento has a different HU than polo and has AUX/USB wired into the glovebox. Link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2000266
sureshaddagalla is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 13:55   #820
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,848
Thanked: 7,255 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Thad, That is because you first saw Polo.
That was a joke against myself, not a comment on the car. Actually, Polo does not have my favourite backside, but, on the whole, I am very happy happy with the looks of both Polo and Vento
Thad E Ginathom is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 14:18   #821
aby
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Sorry if I am playing a spoilsport in what looks like a thread of excitement. Now that VW will have a big presence in India, what is the general feeling on their A.S.S. If we have anything to go by their sister concern Skoda, I would advise myself to stay away from the car however tempting it may look.

Skoda and VW cars are manufactured at same plant. Logically speaking it would mean that there should no significant quality difference between the two badges. What makes a Skoda owning experience a nightmare is the service center (if threads here give any indication).

So is the VW owning experience any different? I would appreciate some first hand info. Sorry for going
aby is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 14:59   #822
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby View Post
Sorry if I am playing a spoilsport in what looks like a thread of excitement. Now that VW will have a big presence in India, what is the general feeling on their A.S.S. If we have anything to go by their sister concern Skoda, I would advise myself to stay away from the car however tempting it may look.

Skoda and VW cars are manufactured at same plant. Logically speaking it would mean that there should no significant quality difference between the two badges. What makes a Skoda owning experience a nightmare is the service center (if threads here give any indication).

So is the VW owning experience any different? I would appreciate some first hand info. Sorry for going
This is the question which should dogg all of us who are just waiting for the bookings to open and rush in.

I was tempted today morning to stop a Polo to ask about the user exerience, but the lady driver was so engrossed in the road ahead and with the L sign on display I thought it better not to disturb.
m_upreti is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 15:57   #823
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,607
Thanked: 8,603 Times
Default

Whats are the latest stats on Polo sales? Petrol Vs Diesel?
Also how is VW doing on delivery?
ampere is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 16:20   #824
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 199 Times
Default

Is this vento gonna be launched anytime in the near future. Lot has been said and dreamnt on this car being the best ever and stuff. Iam sure its going to be a disappointment for many. VW, pls launch the car and put a rest to all the false speculation. I am pretty sure *** is gonna be a a ride to hell. I got this friend who had an accident where in the back bumper of his 1 week old car needed replacement. Guesss what? i took the company 6weeks to get a replacement bumber for the PUNTO. May be with time and increased no. of VW cars service might improve. We just gotta wait and see. But let them first launch the dream car.
Visaster is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 17:03   #825
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
Another piece of information. Vento has a different HU than polo and has AUX/USB wired into the glovebox. Link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2000266
something like this?
Attached Images
 
sidindica is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Merc working on G65 //AMG Bi-Turbo V12! EDIT : Spy pics added Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 7 13th April 2012 17:07
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 119 3rd August 2011 15:14
2010 Blind Man Car Rally Mumbai. 7th Feb 2010 EDIT: Report & Pics added page 4 Dippy Indian Motorsport 57 3rd June 2010 16:38
SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo! benbsb29 The Indian Car Scene 258 24th September 2009 11:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks