Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 17:12   #826
BHPian
 
METISWHG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Una
Posts: 119
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Is this vento gonna be launched anytime in the near future. Lot has been said and dreamnt on this car being the best ever and stuff. Iam sure its going to be a disappointment for many. VW, pls launch the car and put a rest to all the false speculation. I am pretty sure *** is gonna be a a ride to hell. I got this friend who had an accident where in the back bumper of his 1 week old car needed replacement. Guesss what? i took the company 6weeks to get a replacement bumber for the PUNTO. May be with time and increased no. of VW cars service might improve. We just gotta wait and see. But let them first launch the dream car.
why kill the poor guys even before they have launched the car? All this excitement is based on high expectations from a VW.
About A** we better ask the POLO owners. They didn't pay attention to sales itself in first place(with Polo)...so i wud not actually expect much from ***.
just one small thing here : Punto is a Fiat Vehicle...not VW
METISWHG is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 17:28   #827
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

A friend informed that bookings for the Vento have started in Mumbai? Dealer claims delivery by Sept 1st week.
Sahil is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 17:28   #828
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
something like this?
I think so. As mentioned in the link, I'm still trying to check the source of this information.
sureshaddagalla is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 18:03   #829
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
A friend informed that bookings for the Vento have started in Mumbai? Dealer claims delivery by Sept 1st week.
Without even announcing the price ? Any idea on the dealership (only 3 in Mumbai), last time I spoke to all 3 they said bookings start in Aug 3rd Week after the price launch, deiveries in Oct.

Last edited by m_upreti : 28th July 2010 at 18:05.
m_upreti is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 18:15   #830
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,839
Thanked: 7,209 Times
Default

We wait, anxiously, to know what VW's A-S-S is going to be like...

It is, indeed, the big worry factor. So far, their whole act of production to meet demand and their attitude of whenever on delivery dates is not encouraging.
Thad E Ginathom is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 18:27   #831
Senior - BHPian
 
MaserQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,156
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
We wait, anxiously, to know what VW's A-S-S is going to be like...
VW should learn from the mistakes that Skoda have made in India. Let us hope that VW's A-S-S will be robust and have the much needed feel good factor.
MaserQ is offline  
Old 28th July 2010, 20:02   #832
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 393
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Will advise fellow Bhpians to exercise some restraint and wait for GTOs reviews as well as the formal ACI review before booking the car.

As a well wisher, i dont want you guys buying the car just because it is so hyped. Neither would like you to make crystal ball predictions (whether negative or positive) on how the car will be.
acidkill is offline  
Old 29th July 2010, 12:23   #833
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Will advise fellow Bhpians to exercise some restraint and wait for GTOs reviews as well as the formal ACI review before booking the car.

As a well wisher, i dont want you guys buying the car just because it is so hyped. Neither would like you to make crystal ball predictions (whether negative or positive) on how the car will be.

I think this advise should be taken seriously , GTO any news on the invite from VW for a TD.
m_upreti is offline  
Old 30th July 2010, 05:58   #834
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
VW should learn from the mistakes that Skoda have made in India. Let us hope that VW's A-S-S will be robust and have the much needed feel good factor.
Hey Maser, long time dude. How are you? Well i am in VW Bangalore now, so i know VW is into a real strong workout, so that A-S-S is completely robust. More over, the car comes with a service interval of 15000 kms or 1 year, which ever is early. So there wont be frequent visits to he service station.
srikant is offline  
Old 30th July 2010, 07:25   #835
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hey Maser, long time dude. How are you? Well i am in VW Bangalore now, so i know VW is into a real strong workout, so that A-S-S is completely robust. More over, the car comes with a service interval of 15000 kms or 1 year, which ever is early. So there wont be frequent visits to he service station.
Do you mean that for Polo/Vento also the servicing is at 15000kms/1year? Thats awesome!!
pamishra is offline  
Old 30th July 2010, 09:44   #836
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
i know VW is into a real strong workout, so that A-S-S is completely robust.
That sounds too good to believe. Do you know any specific plans that VW has with respect to A.S.S which can be shared here?

Thanks
sureshaddagalla is offline  
Old 30th July 2010, 11:09   #837
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hey Maser, long time dude. How are you? Well i am in VW Bangalore now, so i know VW is into a real strong workout, so that A-S-S is completely robust. More over, the car comes with a service interval of 15000 kms or 1 year, which ever is early. So there wont be frequent visits to he service station.
Thanks srikant for boosting the morale, keep us updated on the Booking start dates. SI of 15 K Kms / 1 Year is excellent.
m_upreti is offline  
Old 31st July 2010, 22:38   #838
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Do you mean that for Polo/Vento also the servicing is at 15000kms/1year? Thats awesome!!
Yes, its the same for Polo/Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
That sounds too good to believe. Do you know any specific plans that VW has with respect to A.S.S which can be shared here?

Thanks
Sorry, i dont think i can share it yet on a public forum. But i shall definitely keep you guys updated with official news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thanks srikant for boosting the morale, keep us updated on the Booking start dates. SI of 15 K Kms / 1 Year is excellent.
Booking has already started for Vento and Polo 1.6 petrol.
srikant is offline  
Old 31st July 2010, 23:46   #839
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,839
Thanked: 7,209 Times
Default

I'm sure it's too indiscreet to ask if VW has learnt its lesson from the Skoda problems?

But hey, if you don't ask!

Have to say that quoting delivery as whenever is not at all promising.

Here's something I thought of tonight (been driving in the rain last few days) --- it's a saloon (ok, some people call that a "sedan" ), so no rear was-wipe, right? I hate that!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 31st July 2010 at 23:48.
Thad E Ginathom is offline  
Old 1st August 2010, 00:11   #840
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default

i wonder what oil vw will use/recommend for a 15000km service interval?

im sure at the moment the cars of polo and vento segment dont go for a 15000km service interval!
Parm is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Merc working on G65 //AMG Bi-Turbo V12! EDIT : Spy pics added Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 7 13th April 2012 17:07
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 119 3rd August 2011 15:14
2010 Blind Man Car Rally Mumbai. 7th Feb 2010 EDIT: Report & Pics added page 4 Dippy Indian Motorsport 57 3rd June 2010 16:38
SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo! benbsb29 The Indian Car Scene 258 24th September 2009 11:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks