TATA MOTORS 7 12.73%
TOYOTA 7 12.73%
VOLVO 5 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 15:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Whiz View Post
I really like the Maruti Suzuki "Planning to buy a car" section, presentation is simple
but very impressive.
They need to work on the App lot more. Icons of Dzire / Wagon are wrong. Dzire is marked SUV and WagonR is marked as MPV, Versa is marked as Sedan and so on.

Name:  maruti_icon_mixup.JPG
Views: 905
Size:  39.5 KB
Old 26th October 2009, 23:47   #32
Default Best Indian Car Website

With the Auto sector now looking up, I felt that a poll on the "best website" would be timely at this juncture.

I request you all to kindly give your esteemed views and also vote regarding the best website put up for car buyers in India.

The poll contains the list of all the major car manufacturers in India in alphabetical order.
Old 27th October 2009, 00:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I feel that all the auto makers could use a much better website.
I have seen various websites out here in the U.S., and trust me, the same auto makers have much superior websites here than in India.
Just look at www.mitsubishimotors.com, or Audi of America > Home and compare those with the indian versions. This is the case for all brands.
Some features I feel indian websites should have:
- Build your own vehicle where they give us the ex-showroom price of the vehicle with the chosen accessories
- more details about the pricing, schemes, variants, and images
- easier layout

However, out of the indian websites, I particularly like the Ford one as it is easy to navigate, though a bit dull.
Old 27th October 2009, 08:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Maruti. Out of the names listed above, I found that Mahindra is not very easy to navigate. Hyundai also is good, but not very consistent. I20 does not have Kerb weight when I last visited the site. Toyota again is good, but would love to see larger fonts when features are shown to you. BMW, Merc and Audi try to behave that they are the ultimate cars on can have. Mitsubishi needs to work out as currently the efforts to remove its dullness makes it more dull.

Honda would have received my vote, but I had difficulty in navigating as the menu would just retract. This was when I was looking into Civic.

Maruti site is not very heavy, has a right dose of flair and is very easy to navigate. When you click on our cars, the page will have a drop down menu to select a car. Below that, there is a link to the car's microsite.

IMO, the three top websites are :
1) Maruti
2) Honda
3) Toyota.
Old 27th October 2009, 09:04   #35

My vote goes to Hyundai for the following reasons :
- They have seperate micro-site for each car which has more or less same look and feel for each of their models.
- All the links work. This was a major irritant on the Ford site where I clicked on couple of variants of Fiesta for a compare and it gave me a 404 error , couple of times.
- Very simplistic layout

Old 27th October 2009, 09:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Never visited most of the sites mentioned, but still my vote goes to maruti for putting this page to get a basic idea of pricing.

Buy a car | Price of a Maruti Car

Last edited by wildon : 27th October 2009 at 09:14.
Old 27th October 2009, 09:12   #37

Voted for FIAT. Their website is very well organized with all the right details at right places. Though all the cars have individual websites, the master website has all the information available about the cars. It is very light weight and all the controls work fine on my Mac too (most of other sites don't work 100% on my Mac with Firefox).
Old 27th October 2009, 09:22   #38

i Voted For VOLVO. i love their Background Music and Videos Of cars.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

BMW. Very chic site and tells a customer what he needs to know.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Undoubtedly, the German car makers rank at the top in this. Very well organized and any car model can be selected from the toolbar on the top/below. Volvo for that matter too.
Porsche is not in that list but i think it's one of the most intuitive. It is similar to international website with 'Build your Porsche' option too!
Home - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

Among the Indian car manufacturers, Fiat has really made good use of flash. I particularly like the Punto and Linea website. However the Fiat homepage itself is not very intuitive.
The worst website is that of Tata motors. Even a novice can design better than that!
Honda, Chevrolet also need to improve their websites.

Last edited by theragingbull : 27th October 2009 at 12:30.
Old 27th October 2009, 16:04   #41
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if this is the "best", but i did think it was different, broke the typical boring website structure and had a nice interactive element to it :
Indica Vista

Also linked from the above site was a sub-site which had some cool animations (i loved the rickshaws in the "Indica vista saves the day" animation)
Andy meets Leela...

For a thread on some really awesome (non-indian) sites : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ite-added.html (Phenomenal Mercedes Websites - "A to S" & C-Class minisite. EDIT: AMG site added)

Old 28th October 2009, 11:30   #42
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged with existing discussion on the same topic.
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:44   #43
Default Website not updated?

I visited maruti site to check for WR.
1. the site was not updated with latest RW model info.
2. m800 site too showed that its available for sale in pune - prices too were quoted.

Why dont these guys update the website?
Old 2nd April 2010, 17:45   #44

Even I don't understand why maruti is not showing keen interest in keeping its website update with the latest information.

Since they have a major market share, probably they are not more concerned about the web users.

I remember seeing swift website with new price list, whereas tech specs were old...
Old 26th July 2011, 20:37   #45
Default New Look Manza Website

Tata Manza | A Class Apart

I thought this is one of the best loking auto websites to have come out in the recent past. I liked the SX4 dynamic high bandwidth website. And I liked this one after that.

Opinions BHPians?
Closed Thread