Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Has the negative feedback on Skoda on TBhp affected your impression of Skoda India
Yes, I choose not to buy or recommend Skoda. 254 86.10%
No, I will still buy or recommend Skoda 41 13.90%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10th November 2009, 15:18   #166
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Cool aquarian. Jigbhai does have a point on the impact, the figures of those who voted against have no direct reference to the sales effect, and yet it affect the brand preception and the company would be better off without it.

It is reasonable to assume that satisfied customers would not be visiting forums for support and those that are not satisfied do have to do more search for info and support so that too is a parameter.

Superb is a leader in it's segment since the last 5 months (except 1 month) and how ever good the brand image it would not have sold than many more as the total number of cars sold in that segment is just about double the number that superb sells (50% market share in segment).

Yes it's fabia could have done better, but what has affected the sales could very well be the car power, pricing and positioning - which itself is flawed for a car of it's segment.

The Laura is another car that could have done better but then this is possibly the one that is most affected by the support issues, as the market in that segment is very sensitive to it, does a lot of research on the net, and the competetion comprises, honda and toyota for the petrol, though the diesel was as segment by itself as far as pricing and spec was concerned till the cruz came along.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:30   #167
Senior - BHPian

As anyone who has studied economics will know, demand by itself does not mean anything. What matters is "effective demand", which is demand backed by purchasing power.

I am a customer in the sub 5 lac bracket, so my "nay" to Skoda will not have any impact now. But I may be in the market for a car in the Skoda price band in the future, at least for a used one. And there definitely are friends/relatives who can afford the brand. I will surely dissuade them from buying it if they approach me for suggestions, having read this thread.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:56   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.aquarian View Post
There are thousands of members in this forum.
And among them there would be lot of them who might have read the Skoda feedback on forum at one place or other, but have not voted in this topic as they may not be that active in all areas of this forum.
Well if this is the case then Skoda should shut shop soon after seeing the poll.Let's see , comming quarters will prove.

After sales service is the issue that too with specific dealers.
How many dissatisfied owners in this forum exist only of SKODA.
Just putting bad vibes by other members in this forum is certainly not going to do good the Harish and others , instead I am dead sure If some one from Team Bhp comes up to Skoda about issues with car in future , they will give it a wink.
Personally I feel Constant hammering is doing no good to their case.

How many of them base their decision on reading team Bhp posts?
I am one proud owner of Fabia 1.4 TDI ambienete having been driving the car since last 18 months and I am pleased with the service provided by Vinayaka in bangalore.
I had visited Tafe twice but did not pursue with them and bought the car from Vinayaka. I was not aware of team bhp when I bought the car , I became team Bhp member 3 months back.
Even today my views on skoda remains what it was 8 months back after reading the horror stories here.

I spent 6 months to decide between Fabia and Swift Zxi . my mind swayed away from Fabia initially but after couple of visits to Maruti showroom , I finaly decided with Fabia.
I visited other online sites also incuding UK based ones as its UK where maximum Skodas are sold.

I had envyed Skoda for long , Octavia was out of my budget , I wanted a decent car with good safety features and Fabia has not dissapointed me.

My next purchase is going to be Yeti for sure. Why so , because I dislike the indian SUV for their quality and refinement.

I had a SME in MIDC where I have seen Indian auto vendors and the quality procedures they follow , this was not long time ago , but my perception remains the same even today.
If I start posting my views , owner of those car brands will be petrified.
I dont want to do that. They have done their study and bought the veichle. I respect that They have done right decision . Every one decides on certain factors do their own research before buying a veichle.
So bashing just for sake of writing without having a practical driving experience is of little use.

MODS appologize for the bold Itallics.

[/quote]

Last edited by Eddy : 10th November 2009 at 18:38. Reason: Deleted off topic content.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:09   #169
BHPian

I have discouraged my family to go in for the new Superb and have been successful in discouraging around 8 people in my family and friends group to buy anything Skoda or a Veedub.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:18   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.aquarian View Post
There are thousands of members in this forum.
And among them there would be lot of them who might have read the Skoda feedback on forum at one place or other, but have not voted in this topic as they may not be that active in all areas of this forum.
We can always use 'hundreds' and 'thousands' of members in making blanket statements my friend, but that is pure speculation.
What I analyzed was actual data on this thread poll and the sales numbers.

If it wasn't that way, where is the IMPACT, I ask ??!

Do look at Skoda sales trends/patterns over the last year or more.
The sales have gone up in most segments (and not the other way around).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
As anyone who has studied economics will know, demand by itself does not mean anything. What matters is "effective demand", which is demand backed by purchasing power.
Said it like it is, which is why even the number 250 (of lost customers) was highly optimistic, assuming full customer 'conversions'.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:22   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
I had a SME in MIDC where I have seen Indian auto vendors and the quality procedures they follow , this was not long time ago , but my perception remains the same even today.
If I start posting my views , owner of those car brands will be petrified.
Fabious, why don't you go ahead and post your opinions on Indian auto vendors' QA practices. I am sure I won't be petrified. As far as I know, the only cars that have come close to killing their owners are Fabia and Superbs that have stalled while on the move.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:27   #172
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
I have discouraged my family to go in for the new Superb and have been successful in discouraging around 8 people in my family and friends group to buy anything Skoda or a Veedub.
How many of them would have bought a skoda if not discouraged by you is the key question? Anyways it's been a niche segment player to start with.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:31   #173
BHPian

Atleast 5 of them, there is no other car in the superb category with a diesel at a lovely price tag so the customer has to move up a segment or down.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:53   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Atleast 5 of them, there is no other car in the superb category with a diesel at a lovely price tag so the customer has to move up a segment or down.
Ok, so if Diesel was a major criteria and they were thinking of the Superb..

Moving a segment up means going for the 3 series - what is the price differential here ? Upwards of 10 lacs atleast or even more ?

Moving a segment down gets you straight to the Cruze. (Ignoring VW)
Will someone eyeing the Superb (and has the money to spend) even think about the Cruze ?

I'd for one, be very interested in knowing what these 5 members picked up eventually.
Old 10th November 2009, 17:05   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai
Ok, so if Diesel was a major criteria and they were thinking of the Superb..

Moving a segment up means going for the 3 series - what is the price differential here ? Upwards of 10 lacs atleast or even more ?

Moving a segment down gets you straight to the Cruze. (Ignoring VW)
Will someone eyeing the Superb (and has the money to spend) even think about the Cruze ?

I'd for one, be very interested in knowing what these 5 members picked up eventually.
+1 to that. That make 2 of us interested.

Cheers.
Old 10th November 2009, 17:46   #176
BHPian

@jigbarai-no mate the difference between the Superb and the A4/3/C is 6-8 lakhs not more than that.Of the five members they had made the following purchases.

1.Customer was looking for ultimate luxury with a budget of 30-35 not impressed by the luxury in A4/C/3 was pretty happy with Superb ended up purchasing a late model E280 CDI .

2.Customer was in the market for Laura AT but with the price difference between Laura and Superb being 5 lakhs was tempted by the Superb but ultimately ended up with the Embera Transform AT.

3.Waitng for Fortuner to be delivered.

4.Felt VW was more upmarket than Skoda gone ahead and bought Passat,apparently with discounts its cheaper than the Superb ,but ha bee facing problems in the DSG tranny.

5.My own family has got home a Pajero.

6.Felt the price difference between Accord and Superb was too high and felt Honda would be better for his low running.

7.Not yet decided between Fortuner/Captiva will mot probably purchase next year.

8.Has gone in for the Superb and is very happy with it.

Atleast here in Hyderabad we have a reasonably good Skoda Dealer,it is the cars which are not reliable and expensive to maintain.This from the past experience of owning supposedly the most reliable Skoda in India the Octy.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:28   #177
Senior - BHPian

Whether it's the dealer or the company itself which is bad, it does not matter. At the end of the day. it's us customers paying for no fault of ours
Old 10th November 2009, 18:29   #178
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note:

1/ Off-topic and Offensive posts have been deleted.
2/ Discussing moderator activities in public is against the team-bhp rules. Please use the report post or contact us for such discussions.

Thank You for your support.

Team - Bhp Support
Old 10th November 2009, 18:29   #179
kdp

Default Immoral?

I guess everyone on this forum assimilates the information and experiences to form a perspective. if that perspective is strong enough, you'd share it with others, wouldn't you - eg - a particular movie is good or bad.. it's really upto the individual recieving your perspective what to take out of it!

Some marketing textbooks talk about "evangelist consumers" - those consumers who are so enthralled by a product that they actively induce others to buy - every marketeer's dream come true. This is a seems to be a textbook case of the reverse.. at least as far as skoda service is concerned.

And to add to the numbers here; - I was in the market for D- segment car last year.. and after reading the posts on the forum; passed over the Octavia / laura in favour of a Chevy. When my ikon is due for replacement next year; I will not consider the Volkwagen/skoda stable at all.

cheers

kapil

Last edited by Eddy : 10th November 2009 at 18:33. Reason: Deleted off topic content.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:33   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
skoda is bad company. i will never buy or recommend skoda, Volkswagen or anything related to this company.
u got it wrong bro, VW is an awesome company & is the WORLD'S biggest car maker now, give it respect
Closed Thread