Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th October 2016, 18:27   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Qualis - Product Review / Discussion

Can someone share the specifications of the Toyota Qualis petrol? Did it have the 2.0L petrol which was offered on the innova?
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 23:08   #62

I too have purchased 2000 model Qualis GST for 1.25 lacs and refurbished it. As you said I totally fell in love with her. I always prefer Qualis than my Duster for daily commute. Only thing I apprehend that government may not ban this car as more than 15 years old.

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar
rajaslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 00:30   #63
BHPian

Default Toyota Qualis - Product Review / Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaslaw View Post
I too have purchased 2000 model Qualis GST for 1.25 lacs and refurbished it.
I have a 2000 GS myself and would like to refurbish it if the pricing works out. Checking with Lanson Toyota it will work out to about 4L and hence was holding back. Can you share your repairs and improvement with cost? Which city did you do this in? I am in Chennai.
diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 15:49   #64

Hi diyguy,
Its not worth to spend 4 lacs on qualis. I have invested one lac rupees. The work was done at Nagpur. There is nothing major to be done in qualis, if your car is not rusted and engine is in good helth then only i suggest to start the project.
Old 14th November 2016, 16:15   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaslaw View Post
if your car is not rusted and engine is in good helth then only i suggest to start the project.
thank you for the reply rajaslaw, my car has no rust but a door needs replacement. There is need for tinkering and painting as well. All door beadings need to be replaced. Engine is fine. I get some squeaks from the front suspension. Recently when I wanted to change the front bearing (right side - recommended by MRF Tyredrome) the service advisor told me many other things need to be replaced and gave me a quote of 40K. I do all service so far only at Lanson toyota. Was your work done at a Toyota ASS in Nagpur?
diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 19:47   #66

No, i have done the work at local garages. In my case denting and painting cost was 40k, cushioning at rs 8k, changed power steering pump for 7k and other etc work was done. If you can afford Toyota workshop then its best. But is it worth spending that much on old vehicle when we dont know when it will be banned.