| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|6th November 2009, 19:18||#151|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanked: 175 Times
All Fiat cars in India offer excellent VFM - starting from Palio to Linea!
They only need to catch up on the Service front, which they are doing steadily.
For your info, SX4 is based on the Fiat Sedici platform!
The extended Swift is called the Dzire
|6th November 2009, 19:44||#152|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked: 23 Times
Very nice thread. We need to give vent to our frustration guys go on.
1) Its frustrating that an ugly car like Dzire is desired by so many Indians with so much of a waiting period when competitive cars are around.
I hope things change going forward.
2) They have Innumerable cosmetic changes without giving much inspite being the market leaders in the entry segment.
3) Not giving an extra mirror does not show business to me. Its not like your marging is wafer thin.
4) Fit and finish is suspect and quality is average although chasis is quite stiff.
5) The A** has been blown out of proportions and Maruti is riding on top due to this factor mostly and the headstart it had about 3 decades back.
I am pretty sure things will change for worse for Suzuki if it doesnt get its act together and give us more attention interms of offering what it does to Europe and not resorting to stupid cosmetic changes.
Kizashi has a lot of promise but it would be difficult to make a mark in that segment even if the car is capable.
Brands that it needs to watch out for.
1) Toyota ( they are damn slow and hope they price their hatchbacks/ entry level sedans around Punto and I20/ Fiesta )
2) VW ( Have a lot of potential but need to watch out how serious they are)
3) TATA ( They are moving up steadily and have potential)
4) Hyundai ( The company who have treated India with some sort of parity interms of their offerings)
5) Fiat ( Cant say actually)
We own a Swift Zxi 2005 Model and it has been quite reliable but that does not hide some facts does it.
Suzuki will make hay while the sun shines
Last edited by muni : 6th November 2009 at 19:46.
|6th November 2009, 21:44||#153|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked: 17 Times
Don't just bash me because I started the thread, obviously I wanted gyan thats why didn't I start the thread in the first place.
Now if I had so much of factual data with me I wouldn't start the thread, would I. So keep the dicussion healthy. Read the entire thread again, I have said the same for every car manufacturer who compromises not just Maruti.
|6th November 2009, 22:12||#154|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked: 239 Times
A.S.S, resale and FE scores over the points mentioned by you. As DCEite mentioned Swift and few other cars are known for their handling , agreed built quality is below par !!!
|6th November 2009, 22:37||#155|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Thanked: 203 Times
Everybody has gone overboard here with their views. IMO all the manufacturers do something or the other to cut costs and those who don't charge premium for providing quality cars.
Maruti does provide safety features in their ZXI versions and hence there is no compromise on that front. All those who are safety conscious can buy the top-end model. It's the sales of lower-end models which encourages Maruti to keep continuing those models. If there were no takers for Swift Lxi, Maruti wouldn't have launched Ritz Lxi as it doesn't make any business sense to do the same. We can't really blame Maruti for such business tactics as everybody does it. Hyundai does it by cutting on features (i10 Asta vs Ritz Zxi) whereas Honda charges a hefty premium for not compromising.
So at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. To each his own. Peace.
|7th November 2009, 01:07||#156|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 99,896 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|SIAM says BS-VI emission norms will compromise vehicle safety!||GTO||Road Safety||16||26th February 2017 16:08|
|Compromise on basic safety features for cost cutting?||akash_m||The Indian Car Scene||70||24th July 2015 17:19|
|Gmail Password Leak or probable credential compromise on other websites?||pranxter||Shifting gears||27||12th September 2014 18:29|
|A logical compromise: My Honda Amaze 1.5L i-DTEC||Motored Mindset||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||28||29th September 2013 14:03|
|Growth from only two models is a concern: Maruti Suzuki||wildon||The Indian Car Scene||28||27th May 2009 17:10|