Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th November 2010, 20:30   #91

I am using VXI ABS, wanted the airbags but Maruti wont provide that as an upgrade.

I could not take ZXI because there is no USB in the ICE.. and maruti wont sell the ZXI without the ICE even if you paid the full price ( As per my dealer)...

I also miss the rear wiper on days when it pours...

i think other than this didnt see much of value add in taking a ZXI over the VXI
changaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010, 22:53   #92

Other than the things mentioned, I would say a Dual Rate Brake Assist is a must in all cars, even more than ABS and airbags. In my last six months of driving, there are two definitive occasions when some one jumped my way, giving me a braking distance of less than 10m. On both occasions I managed to halt comfortably with a couple of feet to spare. I was patting myself for having improved my driving skills till I got to know about this feature in my car (Fabia), and figured what had really saved the day.
2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 16:18   #93
Default innova extra features

I used to own a 2006 Feb Innova 2.5 v 7S till i sold it a year ago.
What i would have loved to see in it:
1. Rear disc brakes
2. Higher ground clearance. Up from the present 176 cm to at least 200 cm
3. 4 x 4 version with traction control.
4. Xenon projector headlamps.
5. Stronger front and rear bumpers.

I would still go for a Innova all over again if it had the above features.
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 00:10   #94
Senior - BHPian

I would love to boy the Innova again and would like it to have :

A. Automatic Transmission
B. Different State of engine Tune - ~ 140bhp / 30nm or so
C. 17 Inch wheels with 235/65 Tirs or so
D. Thicker doors and body panels.
E. Slighty taller gearing - 20% or so

Last edited by Buffetfan : 30th November 2010 at 00:11.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 01:50   #95

The next time i'm definitely going in for the fully loaded variant (currently drive a swift Vxi); some of the must haves are:

1. ABS / EBD / Airbags - Safety first on the priority list, didn't quite have the few extra thousands when i booked my swift, will ensure that there is no compromise on safety the next time around!
2. Creature comforts: Climate Control, rain sensing wipers

And most importantly it CANNOT be a MARUTI. I'm done with the Rattles and the false feeling of 'low maintainance'. Swift was an eye opener on Maruti's moderate approach to build quality and product quality in itself.
azeemhafiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 07:32   #96
Senior - BHPian
Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I would personally want the new Fiesta to have

1) ABS & air bags in all variants.
2) Automatic Climate control
3) Essential utilites like bonnet opening, turn/wiper sticks acco to Indian conditions
4) Fully retractable OVRM's.
5) Rear space removing the transmission tunnel.

Hope Ford is listening.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 08:49   #97

I am using a Punto 1.4 Emotion Pk.

I want Skoda Yeti at a price of 8L with Cruze control and bit more low speed ride quality.
ashok_lat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 10:10   #98

Safety: ABS+EBD, Driver and front passenger airbag
Comfort: Rear A/C vents, powered mirrors with auto-retraction capability, Power Steering, Power windows all round, Comfortable for 5 adult passengers for long drives, Atleast 350 litres of boot space (hatch), 500 litres (sedan). hatch with 40:60 split rear seats which are fully foldable, very good NVH
Engine: 85-110bhp with good low-RPM torque. Should be able to handle peak bumper to bumper Mumbai traffic as well as cruise at 140-160km/hr. Sedan should give atleast 12 kmpl in the city with full A/C, hatch atleast 14 kmpl. Highway should be 16-18 kmpl.
Ride and Handling: Precise steering with good feel, slightly firm ride without being too bumpy (similar to Linea T-Jet)
Interior Trim: Dark Grey carpet. Black/Dark Grey dashboard, good quality plastics with no gaps in fitment. seats with good thigh and back support
Instrumentation: Tachometer, MID with instantaneous and average fuel consumption, Good-sounding Audio system with bluetooth, USB, iPod and Aux-In if built-in or should not come with any ICE, Remote and central locking, ability for driver to lock rear doors/windows (I have small children)
Service Centre presence: Presence in all metros and Tier II cities. Reliable, competent and honest
Others: Low cost of spares, 185/70 tyre profile for hatch, 195/70 for sedan, 5 spoke alloy wheels, service interval of atleast 10,000km
Cost: Less than 10l on-road
anoop.mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 17:05   #99

Almost everyone here seems to believe ABS/Airbags are must have features. You'd think an evolved consumer would force OEM's to improve offerings but they persist in providing ABS/Airbag as a "luxury" feature only in the top-end variants. I think there should be a law which prohibits cars without airbags above a certain engine power (75?); Are they that expensive to put?
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 15:43   #100
Default What would you like to be carried on to your next car?

Well, everybody likes some or all features of their car(s) and would like to have them in their future car(s) too.

My primary ride is a Punto and alternatively I drive my brother's Swift. Below are the list which I would like to be carried on to my next car too.

1. 15,000km - I wasn't aware of how beneficial it would be when I bought the car, but being someone who drives his car for more than 2000km per month, I found this to be a big boon wherein it removed the factor of considering getting the car serviced while planning for long trips. My next car should have a 15000km service interval.

2. The long seat travel - Standing at 6'3"(6'5" when woodland is on) I find most of the Japanese cars to have tight leg room at the front.

3. A.C.C - I don't remember how many times I switch off and on my AC daily. The Punto I own is a basic model, but when I'm in the Swift the ACC makes it so pleasant to be in the cabin.

4. No OEM Music system - This has been the deal breaker when I was considering the E.Pack. Most OE music systems are crap. Why don't manufacturers allow it to the customer to decide which setup he needs!

5. Tachometer and Temperature Gauge - Unfortunately, some of the new cars are launched devoid of these instruments. I couldn't stress how important it is to have them both in the car.

List down what all do you like in your current ride that you will see to that you will have them in your next ride too.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 19:26   #101
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: What would you like to be carried on to your next car?

The Auto box, bas that's it !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 19:36   #102
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: What would you like to be carried on to your next car?

Money received from selling the previous car.
that is it !!
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 22:25   #103
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: The Must Have Features in Your Next Car

Power 100+ HP
Good GC - Thanks to Blr-Kannur road
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 10:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

I currently have a Scorpio VLX & for the price, it is packed with many electronic features.

In my next car (its gonna be an SUV), i would like to have-
1) Electric mirrors with auto retract (a boon in mumbai traffic)
2) ACC
3) Powered driver's seat (powered passenger seat would be cool too!)
4) Cruise Control
5) Automatic headlights
6) Automatic Wipers
7) Audio controls on steering wheel
8) LED daytime running lights (!!!)
9) Tyre pressure sensors
10) ABS + EBD
11) Rear disc brakes
12) Traction control
13) 4x4/AWD
14) Rear sensors
15) 17"/18" alloys
16) Touch screen unit for music & inbuilt GPS
17) Multi Information display
18) AC vents for all rows (two zone would be a bonus!)
19) Keyless entry & drive (start/stop switch)
20) 170-200 bhp free revving diesel engine with no turbo lag!

All this should be in a 16-22 lakh SUV, i hope thats not too much!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 15th December 2010 at 10:36.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 12:20   #105

My next one should be a people mover + SUV. So the first priority is space and comfort. I would love to see safari with a 3 row seat with separate AC vents for it. Third row should have enough space to house a 6 guy. ABS and EBD are must. Rear disc brakes are needed. Power delivery should be around 160 with a decent mileage.
Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote