Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st September 2010, 11:57   #46
Senior - BHPian
Default Auto design expo

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
What are the dates and timings ?

Is the venue same - palace grounds ?

Auto Mall 2010, a multi city automobile event will be held in Bangalore from September 9 to 12 at the palace grounds.

It will feature a wide spectrum of offerings from the auto industry including green, hybrid and luxurious cars and bikes. Organised by Relio Quick, it has a special section “Think Green, Drive Green Lounge” where electric vehicles, hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles will be showcased. The event will also have top auto designers giving a demonstration of their talents.

The Auto mall will provide a platform for design and engineering students to exhibit their talent.

The competition will reward the best designs, in an attempt to encourage students to take up their passion for automobile design to another level.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 12:05   #47
Team-BHP Support

I heard the ad for this on the radio today, however going by history, one is better off finding something else to do.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 23:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

did anyone go there at all? does not look like since none has posted. Got to see lots of ads though and they were charging Rs 100+. Had no time else maybe would have dropped in for just a quick look to see if its different from the last time
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 00:05   #49

The "Special Entry" costs 100rs. With this you can see BMW 3, 5, 7 series, two models of merc, A Beetle, X-Trail, few super bikes and one or two more vehicles.

The normal entry is 50rs. Here the usual models are displayed. Only thing exciting for me was the Vento, which I could peacefully check for all features and comfort. Also loved watching some of the vintage cars on display.

Outside the venue was some bike stunts for which we need to pay again.
EARTHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 00:19   #50

Bangalore Beetle Club is away from the Auto mall scene this year.

The organizers have opted for a cheaper option of getting vintage cars displayed for FREE. Simple, get the Advaith Hyundai guys to book their Hyundai stall and they get the same old much featured 5 Vintage cars bought over from a Mumbai collection.

Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I heard the ad for this on the radio today, however going by history, one is better off finding something else to do.

My friend had been there today, He gave me a similar advice as yours

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 12th September 2010 at 00:20.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 16:05   #51
Default Pictures

I didn't find the show appealing at all. A little credibility could be given to the stunts, the Merc Section and the Volkswagen Vento. Apart from these, I found it an absolute waste of Rs. 150. Here are some low quality pics, I managed to grab on my phone and my Brothers. I have uploaded pics from this event on my Facebook. Please click on the link below to view the pictures.

Some of the bigger disapointments came from BMW. They had only a 7, 5 and 3 series on display. What about their X6 and X5's. Where was Audi? Wonder how they could foresee how the Auto show would turn out to be.

Auto Mall | Facebook

Last edited by cyqed : 13th September 2010 at 16:13.
cyqed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 17:18   #52

It was indeed a sad scene :( Nothing much more compared to last year ! Btw Pavan, the 'Advaith Hyundai' vintage cars on display, from who's collection are they ? Also, it was looking to me that their restoration may not have been carried out in India (or am i mistaken ? )
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote