Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th November 2009, 13:33   #16
BANNED

As I said, I wont be there much this year. And expect some good scale models.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:09   #17
BHPian

How much is the entry fee this year ? Won't be the same minus the JBL shows & stalls.

There's 75% of the fun gone.

Cheers
M
Old 17th November 2009, 19:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
How much is the entry fee this year ? Won't be the same minus the JBL shows & stalls.

There's 75% of the fun gone.

Cheers
M
Really? Thats bad, man!
Sam, Where art Thou?
Old 17th November 2009, 23:58   #19
BHPian

ok then...list of people goin on the first two days please and time so that we can make it a small group event.thanks
Old 18th November 2009, 15:25   #20
BHPian

Hi guys,

Any hopes that FIAT will be showcasing the soon to be launched Palio and Linea 1.6 in the show???
Old 18th November 2009, 20:36   #21
BHPian

AUTOCAR says last time they showcase Skoda Superb first time in India and this year too they are showcasing new cars and there will be more than one.
Old 19th November 2009, 02:37   #22
BANNED

Indeed there will be. There are some SUPERB cars lined for the Automobile Enthusiast!! I am sure most of us here on teamBHP will go GAGA after seeing a particular car. Do visit without fail tomorrow!!
Old 19th November 2009, 03:03   #23
BHPian

will try to go there today or by friday, on the weekend it will be super crowed,
skoda will show off the fabia vrs i feel
Old 19th November 2009, 13:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
will try to go there today or by friday, on the weekend it will be super crowed,
skoda will show off the fabia vrs i feel
In hindsight, I will call it the Skoda stall the "lemonade stall"
(no offense meant to any one please)
Old 19th November 2009, 14:45   #25
BHPian

Any info on what is needed for entry Invite, entry fee etc? May get my son along for this if I can get the weekend free to drive to Mumbai and back! He will surely spend all day there, easy!
Old 19th November 2009, 15:56   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
In hindsight, I will call it the Skoda stall the "lemonade stall"
(no offense meant to any one please)
Good one !
Old 19th November 2009, 21:20   #27
Team-BHP Support

being very honest it was disappointing. it keeps getting smaller and smaller. there was no jbl stall which meant no fun. overall much worse than i expected. of course if its your first time youll love it. i recommend you go and have a look but if anyone is hoping to spend more than an hour there, its not possible.

there was the laura vrs on display in lhd. it had the 2.0tfsi engine with a claimed 0-100 of 7.3 seconds.
Old 19th November 2009, 21:55   #28
BHPian

Just returned from Mumbais very own Auto expo ( or showroom I should say 11). You could see the exit gate a stone throws way from the entry gate, so as soon as i entered, i thought 80Rs down the drain DIkra!. Sorry bhpians i was not carrying a camera since my friend and I went there unplanned, but I am sure many bhpians would be posting pics.

The first beauty to catch my eye was the Chevy Cruze in the gorgeous red colour. then there were the mercs we see on the road everyday. i proceeded and tok a feel of the Fiat 500 and man she looked hot!. Nicely tucked away was the gorgeous Lamborghini on display. Got a chance to hear the lambo's grunt for a short while. The JCB diesel looked quite nice and its really loooo oooo oong.

Then there were the new Landcruiser, Fortuner & Camry on the toyota stall and the land rover and Jaguar on one stall. I was really impressed by the Interiors of the Land Rover. "Plush and Classy" thats how I would sum it up. Even the Landcruisers interiors looked plain jane when compared to the Land Rover. the Apollo stall was buzzing with activity, though i liked the alloy designs much more than the tyres tread designs. Forgot to mentioned the scorpio and badly done up xylo.

On the outside there was the Mahindra great escape where the 4x4 scorpio just failed time and again to climb the steep incline.

Overall had a good time, though it could have been much better.
Old 19th November 2009, 22:26   #29
BHPian

Me planning to be there on Sunday afternoon, before hitting up bandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashin View Post
You could see the exit gate a stone throws way from the entry gate, so as soon as i entered, i thought 80Rs down the drain DIkra!.
Some shows take a couple of days to get into gear. I'm hoping for much better on Sunday.
Old 20th November 2009, 10:11   #30
BHPian

Default Autocar Performance Show 2009 - Bkc Mumbai Meet

Lets have a Meet!

Source :
Autocar Performance Show 2009 | Indiaon2wheels, India's first online motorcycle magazine
Autocar Performance Show 2009 would begin in Mumbai tomorrow (19th November 2009) and would be on till 22nd of November 2009 at the MMRDA Grounds Bandra-Kurla Complex,

Autocar Performance Show is being held for the 4th year in the row and according to its organizers, is getting bigger and better each year.
This year according to the organizers, following companies will be present at the Autocar Performance Show 2009; Adventure Wheels,Auto Hangar, Automania, Automobili Lamborghini, Apollo Tyres, ARMORALL, BMW – Navnit Motors, DC Design, Fiat India Automobile Pvt. Ltd., Global Advertisers, Hindustan Motors, Honda Siel Cars India Pvt. Ltd., Hyundai Motors, Garware Polyester Ltd., General Motors India, JBL, Khalid ARO, Mahindra & Mahindra, Map My India, Methods Automotive Pvt. Ltd., MDR Electronics MX, Mid Day, Performance Racing, Pidilite Industries, Porsche, Range Rover – Navnit Motors, Renault India, ROCKFORD FOSGATE, Rohan Coelho, Skoda Auto, V-Kool Films India Pvt. Ltd., Volvo – Navnit Motors, Yamaha and 3M India.

Who all are coming ?
UM

EDIT - just saw GTO's post .. Mods kindly delete this thread if necessary.

Last edited by UniqueMods : 20th November 2009 at 10:26.
Closed Thread