Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th May 2011, 20:03   #31
Default Re: Big Used Car Market in Gujarat ?

I seriously doubt Gujju NRIs will sell anything for cheap

Come on man, I am a Gujju and know NRIs very well (both from family and friends). I am not trying to stereotype and could be wrong, but most of them are too stingy - more than us desis. They have to work hard for the dollars while being away from their country, and trust me, they calculate every penny/cent. There could be Deals from elderly NRIs, sometimes. But that is definitely an exception than a norm.

I agree with the above poster, people have very bad experience in Bardoli. It is more like a Gujari Baazar (petty second hand market held on Sundays). Avoid it.
SunilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 22:47   #32
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Big Used Car Market in Gujarat ?

Exactly one has to have contacts, to get something worth or a good deal. The example, i was offered was because of my then local contact. Otherwise the place is big Mandi selling all sorts of junk. One has to be good in understanding used cars, rather than going in for those attractive prices.
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote