Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th November 2010, 02:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Dude if you like a color take it regardless. I would!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 07:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

colour and make of car/ vehicle is hugely relative and subjective
If I like a particular make and colour of vehicle I would buy it regardless of anyone else having it.
Frankly with the exception of Reva which offers the consumer 30000 different shades, if you buy practically any other make, you are forced to choose from the pre-existing palette of colours that the manufacturer dishes out in his wisdom - you have no recourse to change!
the only other way is heavy customization of paint job - and this will significantly reduce resale value of your vehicle because no two people's tastes can be said to be identical!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 09:41   #33
BANNED

Don't try to be different. Your neighbour may wash your car by mistake.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 09:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Don't try to be different. Your neighbour may wash your car by mistake.

Best reason why you should stick with the brick red!
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 10:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

A friend of my father bought a Red Maruti 800 the very next day the neighbour purchased a Red Maruti 800, that too from the same dealer... a clear case of neighbourhood rivalry .

PS: This incident happened more than 10 years ago.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 11:45   #36
BHPian

Talking about 'same cars in same colors' by neighbours, a very close friend of mine who lives in Bay Area has two Camrys, both in exact same color - Silver! So outside his house, you will see two silver Camrys parked! Honestly, when he told me he bought another silver Camry, I did not know how to react. I was lost for words.

In my case, I don't give a damn what my neighbours have. I will buy whatever car I like, irrespective of what anybody else (neighbour or otherwise) has.

Having said that, fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your point of view) my choices have always been so different than my neighbours (in all neighbourhoods I have stayed so far). For example, the parking lot in my apartment complex is full of silver and grey NHCs and a few grey ANHCs, a few silver and grey Corollas, and many Santors and Wagon-Rs (all colors). And I have a Black SX4 and a silver Palio

Last edited by Dr.AD : 12th November 2010 at 11:52.
Dr.AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 13:27   #37
BHPian

My neighborer bought a ANHC in golden color and even though me and my wife had choses the same color for our ANHC. We had to change our choice to a diff color.

Come to think of it the decision to change the color had more fem overtones to it
EasyR1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 13:44   #38
BHPian

I understand you don't want people to draw comparisons, but if you really like the Brick Red, then go for it. This shouldn't affect your decision.

If you want to differentiate your car do as others have posted and get custom rims, window tints, or a spoiler .
kadanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 13:56   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

No way. In the good old days when the choice way Amby / FIAT you had very few options. These days, there may be an overlap of brands, but definitely not of colour on top of it.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 13:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

This is an old thread. The question was asked in Nov 2009. I guess the person has already bought his car.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote