Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 20:08   #226
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 25
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I went to Infinity Cars (Mumbai) today - they had a monaco blue 320d corporate edition that was ready for a customer delivery on Monday. Took the family to have a detailed look. Here is some more information:

1. No black interiors, just beige. Although, the sales person is going to check and let me know. I used to own a 325i (2002) in the US with complete black interiors (with a wood trim) and used to love it! Interiors Pic of my earlier BMW below:

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-bmw_2.jpg

2. Loved the monaco blue color, might pick that up over black/white/silver. [I did not take pics :( ]

3. There will be just 2 versions of the 320d (highline & corporate). Thus the 'basic' edition wont be there (as per the sales person).

4. Of all the features that are removed from the highline, the only one that I really would want is USB. May order that as an option while booking. I can live without all the other features.

5. The multi spoke alloys that are present on the corporate edition are not to my taste (I like the 5 spoke ones) - may order the car with other ones.

Test drive to happen soon (have a packed schedule next couple of weeks) and a booking maybe in Feb!

PS: If any of you have feedback on the other BMW dealer in Mumbai, for some reason they have not been communicating back with me for test drive requests/more information.
h_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 23:04   #227
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_man View Post
1. No black interiors, just beige. Although, the sales person is going to check and let me know. I used to own a 325i (2002) in the US with complete black interiors (with a wood trim) and used to love it! Interiors Pic of my earlier BMW below:
You're right on the beige-only interiors. And you owned one of the most beautiful BMW's ever !!

Quote:
2. Loved the monaco blue color, might pick that up over black/white/silver.
Could you please PM me the OTR Mumbai price? They've only been giving me the Thane figure (26.19L) since a few days now.

Quote:
3. There will be just 2 versions of the 320d (highline & corporate). Thus the 'basic' edition wont be there (as per the sales person).
Navnit says the same.

Quote:
5. The multi spoke alloys that are present on the corporate edition are not to my taste (I like the 5 spoke ones) - may order the car with other ones.
Quite liked them actually. And considering it's an expensive upgrade, I doubt I'm going to tick rims on the options.

Quote:
PS: If any of you have feedback on the other BMW dealer in Mumbai, for some reason they have not been communicating back with me for test drive requests/more information.
They're "not promoting" the model for some reason. Doesn't even show up on the price list. They've been communicative with me now because I walked into the showroom a couple of times.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 23:15   #228
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,378 Times
Default

Flyingspur, you planning on getting the 320d corporate? When is it coming?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 00:56   #229
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Flyingspur, you planning on getting the 320d corporate? When is it coming?
If by "it" you mean the launch, it's already out. Our decision's pending. Maybe March. Looking at all the D-segmenters. I fully expect us to choose reliability in the end though, which means we might end up with something completely different from what's being discussed here. Only time will tell !!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th January 2010 at 01:03.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 10:01   #230
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 25
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
You're right on the beige-only interiors. And you owned one of the most beautiful BMW's ever !!
Thanks - the 2002 3 series was quite a beauty. Will write my BMW story sometime and post it! This thread renewed my interest in owning a BMW. I dug up the pictures of my earlier 325i from an old laptop. The pictures were takn when BMW was being sold before my return to India. (posted it in yahoo classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Could you please PM me the OTR Mumbai price? They've only been giving me the Thane figure (26.19L) since a few days now.
done - sent you the PM with the on road prices for individual/company.
h_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 21:43   #231
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: iNDIA
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Please check out Imports in Goa thread. Have uploaded pictures there. Comments please.
indra_slk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 21:48   #232
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Please check out Imports in Goa thread. Have uploaded pictures there. Comments please.
Right, saw those a couple of days after you uploaded.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:06   #233
BHPian
 
partypest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune/NaviMumbai
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

just heard that the prices have been hiked by Rs 1 Lakh for the 320D corporate edition. No price hike for other models.
partypest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:11   #234
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post
just heard that the prices have been hiked by Rs 1 Lakh for the 320D corporate edition. No price hike for other models.
What about the 320 D highline ?? hope it's still around the 26 lak mark
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:37   #235
BHPian
 
ecclipse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 321
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
What about the 320 D highline ?? hope it's still around the 26 lak mark
320d highline costs closer to 35 lacs on-road, Chennai. ( I don't know what current discounts are being offered on the 3 series )
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:50   #236
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
320d highline costs closer to 35 lacs on-road, Chennai. ( I don't know what current discounts are being offered on the 3 series )
Ohh so it was the 320 D corporate that costed around 26 laks before and now it's been hiked to 27 right ??
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 13:02   #237
BHPian
 
partypest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune/NaviMumbai
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Ohh so it was the 320 D corporate that costed around 26 laks before and now it's been hiked to 27 right ??
Yes that would be right, the hike is on the ex-showroom price so i believe the price touches 28 lacs or so, its confirmed.
partypest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 16:50   #238
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Ok after going through this thread this is what i gathered. The 320D costs Rs 26 lakhs. For this you are getting a car with no navigation, no heated seats, no fancy BMW stuff. 26 lakhs to drive a 2000cc car which is a stripped down BMW? If i had that $$, i would go for Passat. I mean for that price you expect some returns as well. A good engine is not sufficient i feel.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 16:55   #239
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

you're right but there are loads and loads of chaps out there who would simply pay and buy because of the BMW badge.
I mean like it or not, there IS a difference in being seen arriving in a Passat or a Superb and in a BMW.
Unfortunately for some, it is impressions and image that counts, not substance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Ok after going through this thread this is what i gathered. The 320D costs Rs 26 lakhs. For this you are getting a car with no navigation, no heated seats, no fancy BMW stuff. 26 lakhs to drive a 2000cc car which is a stripped down BMW? If i had that $$, i would go for Passat. I mean for that price you expect some returns as well. A good engine is not sufficient i feel.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:39   #240
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 245
Thanked: 72 Times
Default BMW 3-Series CE for individuals now 23.95 Lakhs

BMW 3-Series Corporate Edition is now available for individuals and that too for 23.95 Lakhs. Now this would give serious competition in this price bracket. The omissions are also not that significant like no sun roof, wooden trim etc..

Source :BMW 3-Series CE For Individuals @ 23.95 Lakhs! | Autoholiks

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2010 at 22:00. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
akhilesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corporate Edition is back; BMW set to launch an entry level 320i petrol variant Abhinav667 The Indian Car Scene 7 25th November 2012 01:50
Report & Pics: VW Vento IPL Edition EDIT : Now IPL Edition II Launched for 2012 IPL Stratos The Indian Car Scene 76 15th March 2012 08:44
BMW 320D versus BMW X1 (both Corporate Edition) andyb What Car? 47 31st March 2011 18:34
VW Passat or BMW 320d Highline or New Audi A4 - EDIT : Bought BMW 520d Insane Devil Luxury, Imports & Niche 147 5th November 2009 00:59
All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched extreme_torque The Indian Car Scene 295 19th September 2008 23:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks