Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


View Poll Results: Choose your favourite car in the C+ Segment(All T-Bhpians)
Honda Civic(Fully Loaded) 58 26.13%
Toyota Altis(Fully loaded) 57 25.68%
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 55 24.77%
Skoda Laura Ambiente 32 14.41%
Volkswagen Jetta 20 9.01%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 21:20   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I like the Laura 1.8 TSi most but given the condition of Skoda's aftersales service, its not the safest bet. Jetta has a very weak service network which doesn't works well in its favour. The Cruze is new and nice but I don't prefer buying a GM car (no offence to anyone). The Civic is good but too low and low on fuel-efficiency. The Altis manages to balance comfort, ride, space, handling, performance, looks, fuel-economy and maintenance quite well. Moreover the value and peace of mind of the Toyota badge work tremendously towards its favor. No wonder its the best selling car in the market today. The Altis for me anyday.
Thats why i asked you to choose without the @$$ coz in some areas @$$ isn't so bad for Skoda(Actually good).
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:29   #32
PCS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 204
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Hey stanjohn 123 !

I think the other way of judging is november sales figures

lets see who wins ??????????????
PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:29   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

I think you should include the Linea here too. It's priced in the C segment but is worthy to be in C+.And with the T-Jet coming soon, it's gonna be one of the best cars on Indian roads.
Anyways i voted for the Cruze LTZ mainly for the VFM factor and the amount of equipment it offers. The 150bhp engine is also a dream to drive(minus the turbo lag which i think is not a major issue considering it's only till 1500rpm).
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:31   #34
PCS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 204
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Dear all,

Please predict from now the november sales figures for
civic
cruze
altis
laura
jetta
PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:32   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Hey stanjohn 123 !

I think the other way of judging is november sales figures

lets see who wins ??????????????
This is just a T-bhpians favorite car poll.BTW last month Altis almost lost the segment lead position to Cruze.So keep your fingers crossed this month.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:50   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Civic for me, though its more expensive than Altis and has lesser features, i just love everything about the car. It looks great and interiors are class apart . If Altis had a diesel i would have voted for it.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:57   #37
PCS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 204
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

i just love this poll

thanks stan john
PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 22:16   #38
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

My favourite - Laura undoubtedly.

It's a fab looking car, loaded with features and wonderful performance to match.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 22:58   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Obviously Civic..inspite of having lower gizmos compared to Cruze/laura, it does best for the driver's point of view - unmatched handling and sheer pleasure on the steering.. If I have the budget for an extra 4-5 lacs, then it is the Laura Ambiente..
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 23:02   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

My vote is chevy cruze..then altis /civic
arun.sidhes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:17   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jamshedpur
Posts: 205
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

The altis is the most practical of all as it offers good ground clearance nice equipment and a reliable ownership experience.
ahuja365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:37   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I think you should include the Linea here too. It's priced in the C segment but is worthy to be in C+.And with the T-Jet coming soon, it's gonna be one of the best cars on Indian roads.
Anyways i voted for the Cruze LTZ mainly for the VFM factor and the amount of equipment it offers. The 150bhp engine is also a dream to drive(minus the turbo lag which i think is not a major issue considering it's only till 1500rpm).
Did not include Linea because of its price.guess it wouldn't be fair pitting it against this segment.Guess even feature wise it would be handicapped.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:38   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punya Nagari
Posts: 1,893
Thanked: 1,134 Times
Default

For me:

a) Altis - Comfortable, reliable, good fuel economy, torquey engine. The car is loaded and plain VFM. Toyota after sales spoils you. The Altis is my 2nd Toyota and that says a lot.
b) Civic - I have loved and owned high revving cars and bikes almost all my adult life and this one would have been a natural had it not been for the boy racer dashboard (digi speedos dont rock for me) and low ground clearance. Honda after sales needs to improve big time. It is nowhere near Toyota.
c) Laura - That 160 PS petrol engine, the fit and finish, indeed the whole car is just lovely. VFM too. Verry tempting indeed. But when I hear about the nightmarish experiences of Skoda owners I wouldnt touch this car with a barge pole.
d) Cruze - really good looking car and seems like a dream come true with a 150 PS diesel. But GM's bankruptcy woes make me stay away. Remember Daewoo?
d) Jetta - Uh oh.....another hyped up overpriced german car.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 26th November 2009 at 00:40.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:39   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
i just love this poll

thanks stan john
I knew it would be a hit.C+ segment is always a treat for customers with its features and price in their vehicles.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:41   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
For me:

a) Altis - Comfortable, reliable, good fuel economy, torquey engine. The car is loaded and plain VFM. Toyota after sales spoils you. The Altis is my 2nd Toyota and that says a lot.
b) Civic - I have loved and owned high revving cars and bikes almost all my adult life and this one would have been a natural had it not been for the boy racer dashboard (digi speedos dont rock for me) and low ground clearance. Honda after sales needs to improve big time. It is nowhere near Toyota.
c) Laura - That 160 PS petrol engine, the fit and finish, indeed the whole car is just lovely. VFM too. Verry tempting indeed. But when I hear about the nightmarish experiences of Skoda owners I wouldnt touch this car with a barge pole.
d) Cruze - really good looking car and seems like a dream come true with a 150 PS diesel. But GM's bankruptcy woes make me stay away. Remember Daewoo?
d) Jetta - Uh oh.....another hyped up overpriced german car.

Cheers!
So i guess a sure +1 to altis then
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which is your favorite MTV Unplugged Performance? given2fly Shifting gears 7 10th January 2010 21:52
Post your favorite car game.. Does playing a ca...? Surprise Shifting gears 16 2nd February 2009 11:45
Which is your favorite section on Team-BHP?!? Gordon Shifting gears 26 31st January 2006 12:12
Your favorite STAR and your favorite CAR VtecDeGr8 Shifting gears 11 23rd December 2005 19:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks