Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Choose your favourite car in the C+ Segment(All T-Bhpians)
Honda Civic(Fully Loaded) 58 26.13%
Toyota Altis(Fully loaded) 57 25.68%
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 55 24.77%
Skoda Laura Ambiente 32 14.41%
Volkswagen Jetta 20 9.01%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25th November 2009, 21:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I like the Laura 1.8 TSi most but given the condition of Skoda's aftersales service, its not the safest bet. Jetta has a very weak service network which doesn't works well in its favour. The Cruze is new and nice but I don't prefer buying a GM car (no offence to anyone). The Civic is good but too low and low on fuel-efficiency. The Altis manages to balance comfort, ride, space, handling, performance, looks, fuel-economy and maintenance quite well. Moreover the value and peace of mind of the Toyota badge work tremendously towards its favor. No wonder its the best selling car in the market today. The Altis for me anyday.
Thats why i asked you to choose without the @$$ coz in some areas @$$ isn't so bad for Skoda(Actually good).
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:29   #32
PCS
BHPian

Hey stanjohn 123 !

I think the other way of judging is november sales figures

lets see who wins ??????????????
PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

I think you should include the Linea here too. It's priced in the C segment but is worthy to be in C+.And with the T-Jet coming soon, it's gonna be one of the best cars on Indian roads.
Anyways i voted for the Cruze LTZ mainly for the VFM factor and the amount of equipment it offers. The 150bhp engine is also a dream to drive(minus the turbo lag which i think is not a major issue considering it's only till 1500rpm).
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:31   #34
PCS
BHPian

Dear all,

Please predict from now the november sales figures for
civic
cruze
altis
laura
jetta
Old 25th November 2009, 21:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Hey stanjohn 123 !

I think the other way of judging is november sales figures

lets see who wins ??????????????
This is just a T-bhpians favorite car poll.BTW last month Altis almost lost the segment lead position to Cruze.So keep your fingers crossed this month.
Old 25th November 2009, 21:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Civic for me, though its more expensive than Altis and has lesser features, i just love everything about the car. It looks great and interiors are class apart . If Altis had a diesel i would have voted for it.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 21:57   #37
PCS
BHPian

i just love this poll

thanks stan john
Old 25th November 2009, 22:16   #38
oss
BHPian

My favourite - Laura undoubtedly.

It's a fab looking car, loaded with features and wonderful performance to match.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 22:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

Obviously Civic..inspite of having lower gizmos compared to Cruze/laura, it does best for the driver's point of view - unmatched handling and sheer pleasure on the steering.. If I have the budget for an extra 4-5 lacs, then it is the Laura Ambiente..
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 23:02   #40
BHPian

My vote is chevy cruze..then altis /civic
arun.sidhes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:17   #41
BHPian

The altis is the most practical of all as it offers good ground clearance nice equipment and a reliable ownership experience.
ahuja365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I think you should include the Linea here too. It's priced in the C segment but is worthy to be in C+.And with the T-Jet coming soon, it's gonna be one of the best cars on Indian roads.
Anyways i voted for the Cruze LTZ mainly for the VFM factor and the amount of equipment it offers. The 150bhp engine is also a dream to drive(minus the turbo lag which i think is not a major issue considering it's only till 1500rpm).
Did not include Linea because of its price.guess it wouldn't be fair pitting it against this segment.Guess even feature wise it would be handicapped.
Old 26th November 2009, 00:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

For me:

a) Altis - Comfortable, reliable, good fuel economy, torquey engine. The car is loaded and plain VFM. Toyota after sales spoils you. The Altis is my 2nd Toyota and that says a lot.
b) Civic - I have loved and owned high revving cars and bikes almost all my adult life and this one would have been a natural had it not been for the boy racer dashboard (digi speedos dont rock for me) and low ground clearance. Honda after sales needs to improve big time. It is nowhere near Toyota.
c) Laura - That 160 PS petrol engine, the fit and finish, indeed the whole car is just lovely. VFM too. Verry tempting indeed. But when I hear about the nightmarish experiences of Skoda owners I wouldnt touch this car with a barge pole.
d) Cruze - really good looking car and seems like a dream come true with a 150 PS diesel. But GM's bankruptcy woes make me stay away. Remember Daewoo?
d) Jetta - Uh oh.....another hyped up overpriced german car.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 26th November 2009 at 00:40.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
i just love this poll

thanks stan john
I knew it would be a hit.C+ segment is always a treat for customers with its features and price in their vehicles.
Old 26th November 2009, 00:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
For me:

a) Altis - Comfortable, reliable, good fuel economy, torquey engine. The car is loaded and plain VFM. Toyota after sales spoils you. The Altis is my 2nd Toyota and that says a lot.
b) Civic - I have loved and owned high revving cars and bikes almost all my adult life and this one would have been a natural had it not been for the boy racer dashboard (digi speedos dont rock for me) and low ground clearance. Honda after sales needs to improve big time. It is nowhere near Toyota.
c) Laura - That 160 PS petrol engine, the fit and finish, indeed the whole car is just lovely. VFM too. Verry tempting indeed. But when I hear about the nightmarish experiences of Skoda owners I wouldnt touch this car with a barge pole.
d) Cruze - really good looking car and seems like a dream come true with a 150 PS diesel. But GM's bankruptcy woes make me stay away. Remember Daewoo?
d) Jetta - Uh oh.....another hyped up overpriced german car.

Cheers!
So i guess a sure +1 to altis then