Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th August 2005, 22:47   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
I was only trying to point out what can be done at the customer level to make the Scorpio more stable at high speeds....Harshness will definitely be there by cutting springs....but doesnt changing the sway bar also change the yaw balance of the car...by that I mean oversteer or understeer....
We call it roll stiffness distribusion, and its affected by both springs and swaybars. Its definetly risky. A friend of mine installed aftermarket suspension in his Mini and the balance had changed to oversteer. It was fun in the dry but helost it bigtime in the rain and totalled his car. Always use a bigger sway bar in front.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 17:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
A friend of mine installed aftermarket suspension in his Mini and the balance had changed to oversteer. It was fun in the dry but helost it bigtime in the rain and totalled his car. Always use a bigger sway bar in front.
You know its funny these aftermarket equipment companies are always trying to sell people stuff that is not upto the mark in terms of system design...What kind of gavone sells a suspension with a heavy oversteering characteristic? There is an old adage that says, 'If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself', and I subscribe to this a 110%....

Ananth
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote