Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 1st December 2009, 12:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
The Ex showroom ( New Delhi ) price for Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack is Rs. 7,23,991
whereas, the Ex showroom price for Jazz Active is 7,33,000.
I had the MJD prices in mind while I wrote the previous post. Sorry

1.4 is really VFM!
Old 1st December 2009, 12:37   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
There is no point if they come with bad quality. Jazz interior quality is way better than linea. Not sure if jazz is bad this area. else where it comes with that 1.5 engine. So it should be more than capable of handling that 1.2. not that jazz looks any bad, but yes linea wins. Thats a joke right?

Please refer to the following pic from GTO's review thred.

I am not even sure you bothered to check out a honda show room before making any of the above comments.
As a matter of fact, I went to the Honda showroom, took my golf bag out of my (former)NHC and tried to fit it in the Jazz. And the only way it would fit is if I put the rear seats down, and fit it in angularly. The Jazz does have a lot of space for a hatch, in terms of volume, not in length.

As regards features, the ACC is excellent, the rear ac vents very good, the follow-me home lights extremely useful, alloys are beautiful, the audio is adequate ( and included in the price), My Car computer is excellent, the front arm rest is great, seatbelt height adjuster, sunblind and the list goes on. The only feature that is "poor quality" is the seat height adjustment, which is being replaced. Panel gaps, bonnet release lever and chrome strips falling off were issues in the early deliveries of the Linea.

I agree the Jazz is not a bad looker. Or for that matter a bad car. It is just way overpriced.
Old 1st December 2009, 13:47   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
As regards features, the ACC is excellent, the rear ac vents very good, the follow-me home lights extremely useful, alloys are beautiful, the audio is adequate ( and included in the price), My Car computer is excellent, the front arm rest is great, seatbelt height adjuster, sunblind and the list goes on. The only feature that is "poor quality" is the seat height adjustment, which is being replaced. Panel gaps, bonnet release lever and chrome strips falling off were issues in the early deliveries of the Linea.
The ability to turn on park lights only on one side, wiper auto wash, wiper speed according to car's speed, DIS, DIS's display turning on momentarily when door is opened / closed, clever placement of trip button, A/c button and fan's speed control integrated into one knob, they way headlamp dim/bright toggles, fold-able key, Car not allowing the driver to play with DIS menu while driving, Speed limit setter, service interval setter, cabin light fades away if door is left open for more than 5 minutes........

yeah, the list goes on!! and I love some of these 'Easter Egg' features.

I also feel that follow-me home feature is extremely useful. Many a times I have to park in a darker area and walk off. Its useful when I come home late night, and there's no light outside, to walk to the doorstep, I give a 60 sec. flash.

Last edited by clevermax : 1st December 2009 at 13:54.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:23   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Let me try to put an objective comparison
A very good comparison by Pramod indeed.
Too much battle going on - let me throw in the Manza as well! This will give the buyer the space of Jazz and the engine of Linea as well, and the price difference can be used for a short vacation!
Old 1st December 2009, 22:54   #65
BHPian

Thanks
Alter_Ego
CrAzY dRiVeR
kiku007

The central theme here is: Why do people watch the channels like Overdrive or read avidly motoring magazines or ask questions to the boffins there? They expect studied, specialized answers which are usually not available with the friendly neighbourhood mechanic. When someone decides to sink close to Rs. 7.5 lack, one is entitled to know something about the purchase.

It's basically an ethical practice to offer the best advice (unbiased, of course) especially when you are looked up as someone with authority on the subject. Was the suggestion given by the Overdrive VJ justified? If you care to watch the programme it may give an appearance of going live, but it is not. It means the blokes there had ample time to research before blurting such answers.

Quite a few people who may not have seen sites like team-bhp are swayed by opinions expressed in such programmes.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
It means the blokes there had ample time to research before blurting such answers.
Some of these folk like Shirish Chandran, Hormard Sorebjee are extremely kowledgable on automobiles, and remember they would have done full fledged road test on these cars for their respective magazines. They dont don't require to do much homework for these questions I guess.

Last edited by Guna : 1st December 2009 at 23:40.
Closed Thread