Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 05:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Oh yeah, now reliability is not just about cars failing, but about maintenance costs. You might have read here that a Ford is costly to maintain in India, but is that the case in US also ? I don't know - never owned cars in the US. And what data do you have about a 2lac miles run Honda's maintenance costs to say that the Ford cost more in maintenance ? Talk with facts buddy, not just hypothesis.
Honestly sir, i think you need to re-read what i wrote in that post.

i never made a claim that maintaining a Ford is costly affair than honda and neither did i mention in that 3-4 lines that honda's cost was low compared to ford's. you interpreted like that. that's your fault not mine.

i just said, we have to consider what amount of money the client has spend on maintaining the 2 lac miles old car. and then we have to compare it with its peers and that includes similar car from GM, Toyota, Honda, Chrysler among others.

as i stated before, for you it seems reliability is only about car failing in middle of road. but for me reliability of a car starts from the day we bring it to our home to the day we sell it. in that respect we just have to compare how much fortune we have spend on maintaining it. if this cost is not a part of reliability than sorry to say, you have got wrong illusion with regards to reliability.

as for facts and figures, the client hasn't owned any honda/toyota till now to make a comparo and i see no point in stating cost from other honda owners as their driving style, maintenance of their car will vary.

its been proven over decades that honda and toyota are reliable than its peers throughout the world. what do you think India is an exception?
Old 8th December 2009, 09:10   #152
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

We already have many threads with debates related to Honda pricing. There is no need to discuss this again. This thread is closed.
Closed Thread