Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th November 2011, 23:13   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Chennai on Road parking - Rumor or Correct Information

Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Guys, parking anywhere on the road(doesnt matter whether it is just outside your home, on the highway, rarely frequented road or any road) is illegal - unless it is a designated parking space. Whether the authorities take action or not is another issue
Correct Mowgli, everyone has to think like this, right ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 23:42   #17
Default Re: Chennai on Road parking - Rumor or Correct Information

Before we fret on this, how many of us have never parked in front of others houses, gates, No parking zones, small by lanes?

We don't have parking lanes or MLPLs everywhere. But we have many thousand cars out every day and an insane count during weekends. Everyone wants to go to those restaurants, super markets, places of worship etc. Where do these people park?

Heck, educated morons in my work place don't know how to park in designated areas. Let alone others!

I often end up fighting with my better half because I have to park far off from the place we intend to visit. There are many places I cannot visit because of lack of parking space.

In bangalore, if someone parks their car or bike blocking your house gate - call the cops. I bet, they'll dare not to do it again.

Oh btw, one of my friends car's rear windshield was shattered when he returned from shopping. He had parked, not blocking the gate, but on the compund side of a house. Any guesses how it hapened!!!
A.R is offline   Reply With Quote