Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 7th December 2009, 11:19   #31
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
we old customers are gineapigs for fiat. they will launch all their experiment on us and then succesfully implement a improved product on others!
The early bird gets the worm! The early customers paid attractive introductory price at a big discount compared to late entrants, who pay higher price with less discount. So, there will be both advantage as well as disadvantage in being an early bird!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th December 2009 at 11:30.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:27   #32
BHPian

Though this is good news,some of the steps proposed on quality would have been totally avoidable if the Quality Control at FIAT had been in existence till date.

Also what happens to the existing customers? There are number of threads running for Punto and Linea where the owners are struggling to get the issues resolved.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:29   #33
BHPian

Sounds like 'service pack 1' for Linea & Punto .
Hope is the only one & no SP2,SP3 in future.
For me interior quality was a major factor,hence didnt went for it.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:13   #34
BHPian

This is great news and I'm glad my wait will pay off! Only hoping that the VGT motor also finds its way into the Punto.
But any idea from when these changes are expected?
Old 7th December 2009, 12:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

going by this guinea pig syndrome looks like both Fiat and Tata are going hand in hand on their philosophies as well!

or maybe Fiat in India is taking a leaf out of Tata's habit of testing the vehicles first on live guinea pigs and then making improvements only in the subsequent versions!
Old 7th December 2009, 12:28   #36
BHPian

It's a good move by FIAT and it shows their interest in Indian customers.But still they should have done it from the first, anyway FIAT products are now going to build soild.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Fix(ing) It Again Tony..
Fiat will not really officially announce the launch, but will silently incorporate the aforementioned changes based on customer feedback.
Also, new dealerships, wider A.S.S. network and frequency of parts availability to be increased.
Unless these improvements are publicly advertised in media, how are people going to learn about it? Not every car buyer is a t-bhpian. It's a good move that FIAT is keen on improving things, but there is nothing to be ashamed of admitting the problems and learnings. Didn't ANHC get revamped recently after customer feedback and wasn't it widely advertised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The early bird gets the worm! The early customers paid attractive introductory price at a big discount compared to late entrants, who pay higher price with less discount. So, there will be both advantage as well as disadvantage in being an early bird!
@J.Ravi: The early bird does get the worm, but the early worm gets eaten up first too Early adopters of linea and punto can only be compared to early worms. (No offence meant)
Old 7th December 2009, 12:52   #38
BHPian

Sounds more like "fixes only", but nevertheless a very good move to boost customer confidence and satisfaction level. I hope they do not increase the price by much, even if they decide to.

While other manufacturers would have added some features and possibly released a new or a limited edition variant with it, Fiat left no room for that as they loaded the car to the brim at the first launch. Typically, with an anniversary edition or at the launch of a new variant, other manufacturers fix the niggling issues.

Personally, I would have expected them to provide something "new" (read as new engine or relaunch of some variants, making some features from the top end available at lower variants) and then pass along the "fixes" silently.

Edit: Not just with Fiat - there will always be minor issues discovered or improvements suggested after a product has been lauched to a wider market. The early adopters do get the extra attention when the product is new, but also will likely lose out on improvements that will come later on. (Remember i10 Kappa, ANHC City V etc.?)

Last edited by AnonymousCoward : 7th December 2009 at 12:54.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

This is a good-bad situation.
Good for the company - willing to improve products based on customer feedback.
Bad for the existing customers - they'll feel cheated.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:10   #40
BHPian

[quote=royalcruiser;1620091]This is great news and I'm glad my wait will pay off! Only hoping that the VGT motor also finds its way into the Punto

Ya !, VGT motor should be aprt of upgradation, or else same old stories... Suzuki might come with it first smiling and lot n lot of smiles.......leting FIAT peoples still wondering and comparing sales figures of Swift & Dezire.

when to expect ??
January 2010, probably at Auto Expo.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:24   #41
BHPian

Any idea when they'll fix all the bugs and release??? I mean from which month these cars will be available for sale.. Planning to get a punto , thats why.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:19   #42
BHPian

Its good that finally Fiat is bucking up. I think someone from FIAT read the thread "SHOULD FIAT BUCK UP"
Old 7th December 2009, 14:26   #43
BHPian

If I am not mistaken the CEO is a ex-Hero Honda man, probably that's why Fiat seem to be doing something about the feed back that they get from various sources.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:37   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
If I am not mistaken the CEO is a ex-Hero Honda man, probably that's why Fiat seem to be doing something about the feed back that they get from various sources.
Yes, he was VP operations in Hero Honda.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:59   #45
BHPian

Hmm..no issues with my punto atm. Nothing like the horror stories i'v heard. As long as it remains that way, and keep turning heads on the road , am happy
Closed Thread