Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What color interiors do you prefer
Black 129 56.33%
Beige 78 34.06%
Other / dont care 22 9.61%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th December 2009, 22:26   #61
BHPian

Beige interiors are a class act but only when it is done up in good quality leather and is mixed with black and silver in harmony. I am a big fan of Beige colour but am unable to accept beige interiors in our cars (under Rs 15L cars in India). They look very tacky and cheap.

Add to this, Beige interiors pose two very irritating problems - maintaining the interiors and windscreen reflection. Not just the plastic under the wind screen, even beige seat covers (regular Rs 5K type) in a Swift were giving reflection in the windscreen.
MotoKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 23:03   #62
BHPian

My option is black for everything for maintenance and long life.Beige [maintenance is very tough for own drivers.only high end veihicle for beige not good for hatch back .

Last edited by arun.sidhes : 15th December 2009 at 23:04.
arun.sidhes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 23:06   #63
BHPian

remember the biege computers and CRT monitors, thats were the biege interiors would end up, too much of it followed by an end to it once and for all.
marlinspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:49   #64
BHPian

Beige does not work, during night drive, the interiors just becomes too visible in the Cabin Rear View Mirror. However, they do make the cabin feel a lot bigger and spacious, false feeling though.

My personal preference would be black.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:59   #65
BHPian

I really like the implementation of beige interiors in the i20.The parts that are more likely to get dirty like dashboard, door handles, floor area near the doors [dunno what it's called] etc. have a dark choco-brown shade.This solves the problem of both maintenance and windscreen reflections while lookin pleasing to the eye too.
iTwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:07   #66
BHPian

I am a fan of beige interior. Having said that it doesnt mean every car should possess beige interior. I have seen a 800 with a beige interior. The black interiors were painted beige and in some time all those aread turned themselves black who were in constant contact with hand especially steering, where the driver use to rest his hands .Some cars like innova, corolla, civic the beige interior makes much more sense when you see a dashboard in black and as you go down it gets beige which gives you "just the right kind of thing" feel. However if i have a cedia, M3, celica i would always prefer to have a sweet shiny black leather seats with black all over. So i have a very biased opinion when it comes to black or beige interiors.
Car-e-ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:30   #67
BHPian

For the given specs, my vote is for Beige. Cars > 20 L are invariably much too classier so they can carry off other colours / darker shades better.
abhi413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 10:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTwenty View Post
I really like the implementation of beige interiors in the i20.The parts that are more likely to get dirty like dashboard, door handles, floor area near the doors [dunno what it's called] etc. have a dark choco-brown shade.This solves the problem of both maintenance and windscreen reflections while lookin pleasing to the eye too.
+1 to that. New Beige I10 has the right mix of beige and dark colors, something similar to my Cedia Spirit.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 01:26   #69
BANNED

Default Beige interiors - whats the love behind this colour?

i cant get it into my head about the love and infatuation behind the beige interiors in india!

could some one explain this to me?
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 01:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

Beige Interiors = Bigger sense of space.
Also, they look great with wooden interiors and complete the luxurious look.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 02:08   #71
Senior - BHPian

The main thing behind beige is that it makes the interiors look so spacious. Its better than the traditional black interiors. It also adds a touch of luxury into the car.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 02:12   #72
BHPian

Beige interiors makes the car look bright and spacious. It also gives a premium look to the Car. If you can manage to keep it clean, IMO it ages very well compared to black interiors - which look good when new, but age twice as fast, especially if they are made of cheap plastics.

One really important point with beige interiors is that it absorbs less heat than black. So your car will be marginally cooler if parked outside.

Last edited by SunilM : 1st February 2010 at 02:16.
SunilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 08:58   #73
BHPian

it gives a lot of reflection on the windscreen but is providing work to the latest addition to the maintainence crew the ''interior cleaners''
sierrakamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 12:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

I just hate beige interiors. When used is moderation, its probably okay. Else, look at the way they have used it in i10 and Spark. Pathetic!
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 12:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

lighter colours give an impression of greater space. largely because one gets a feeling of open-ness when one sees light coloured interiors as compared to dark interiors which look gloomy and somehow cramped. thats why most Indian manufacturers seem to be opting for light coloured interiors across the various vehicles in various segments.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote