Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What color interiors do you prefer
Black 129 56.58%
Beige 77 33.77%
Other / dont care 22 9.65%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st February 2010, 12:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Biege is very close to natural leather colour as in the woodland shoes or some wallets/briefcases and it is considered to be rich/primium. It also gives an warm-airy feeling as against a black or gray interior.
Guna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 13:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

i love both but depends on car. If its a sporty car, IMHO Black suits well. A beige interior gives a laxury feeling but not sporty!

so voted for other!
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 13:36   #78

I agree with RC shenoy, a sporty car will look good with rich black interiors & a luxury car with beige interiors.

However given a choice, i would prefer a mix & match of dark surfaces with a mix of beige thrown in, - Dashboard top & door pad top in dark shades to avoid reflections.

Adding to the feeling (?!) of spaciousness, beige tends to make even a cheaper grade of plastic look more expensive than it actually is.

Cleaning beige plastic though is a real headache, i need to clean the door pads, door sills, dashboard etc of my ANHC every 2 weeks to keep it stain free :(

My Swift, only once in 6 months
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 14:50   #79

I think first luxury cars like Mercs and BMWs started giving these beige interiors. They are excellent match for the wood trims and leathers that they provide. Their owners are also effluent and can afford to keep them very clean. The word 'luxury goods' itself means that it is not necessary or have a purpose but you will buy and keep it for the sense of status it provides you.

But unfortunately, Hyundais, Tatas and Marutis started giving these interiors (albeit with very low quality plastic in most of cases) in their non luxury hatches and giving them a sales pitch that you only get them in Mercs and BMWs. I really doubt that most of the people base their car buying decision on interior colors, irrespective of whether beige providing luxury and airy interiors. They mostly don't have choice in interiors, whatever comes they take it. Its only manufactures that are pushing this beige on us. As someone said I seriously hope this soon becomes a fad, like in computers, and ends once for all.
Rach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 14:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

I find Beige interiors highly impractical to maintain in our environment. However it seems that we are going to be stuck with this colour for eternity as all of our Auto magazines and Tv shows find interiors in any other colour dull, boring & claustrophobic.

The auto companies obviously listen to them and continue on their single agenda of forcing the Beige down our throats.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 15:10   #81

For me it actually is what car it is, I like Volvo C 40/70 Red Black Combo so much but then you have the Biege, so it depends on the car & not on interiors. So I voted for Dont care
SamtheLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 20:37   #82

Black interiors, any day for me. It looks classy. Beige is difficult to maintain.
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 21:56   #83

The best bet shall always be the black /biege split dash, the biege top really does reflect a lot in the windscreen when the sun is directly overhead, real pain to focus on the road.My two cents
piyush78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 22:11   #84

Looks - Beige with Black
Maintanance - Grey with Black
H_Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:58   #85

Beige is neutral to the eye and black easy to maintain. Beige, if fit well, is the choice.
Delta Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:35   #86

Beige looks classy and subtle. Its also very pleasing to the eye. Thus my vote goes to beige interiors. But the main drawback is that it stains very easily unlike black.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:44   #87
Senior - BHPian

seriously hate Beige ! good rich black interiors with maybe some brown , aluminium color inserts anyway
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:48   #88

Indian car-makers are completely confused about interior colors. It is OK to have black, gray or beige, but there has to be some connection to exterior color. In US cars, in general, I have seen that cars with blue/black/silver hues have gray/black interiors and cars with red, golden hues have beige interiors.

The worst is Maruti Suzuki (from my observation of DZire), who have figured that a gradation of beige is better/more exclusive than gray is better than black. The most flagrant violation is the blue colored interiors in Ritz - why does a red/chocolate colored car have blue interiors instead of a more neutral gray or beige?? What were the people smoking, when they designed this interior? The Ritz ZXi is a fantastic package and value-for-money if it were not for the revolting blue interiors.
vishwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 10:36   #89

Oh, please don't get me started on beige interiors. They look horrible, and no TATA, they can't hide bad plastic quality. Black/Silver does a better job of that. I'd prefer black/silver or black/grey over beige/fake-wood any day. Black ages a lot better.

I think it's the auto magazines' fault, partially. They go on about 'drab expanses of dull grey' even on decent cars, like it's a sin to have trim in any other shade than beige. Then they drool over black trim on high-end imports. One editor recently said that the dull, staid interiors of the Skoda Laura were better to live with than the stylish and current interiors of the Cruze. It's bad that they let completely personal choices like these affect the overall rating of cars.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 10:50   #90
Default Its a mix of both that offers the best results

Personally, im more of a 3 tone kind of a person. Beige and Black with Silver/wood detailing (Found in the Linea, Fiesta, City and SX4). I think a complete sea or beige or black doesnt offer that upmarket feel.

In addition, i think that beige sections should never be on parts that are touced often - seat covers, steering wheel, arm rests, window sill and the upper section of the dashboard. They tend to look really patchy after a while
acidkill is offline   Reply With Quote