Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th February 2010, 13:52   #76
BANNED

Sid, Are they by any chance 2010 palio to be launched ? Any more details of upgradation can be shared?
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 14:01   #77
Senior - BHPian

Here is my contribution to this thread
Attached Images

DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 22:37   #78
BHPian

Pure Nostalgia - This thread and so much more.. !!! Good work Sid,

I must say, i've been lucky to get my hands on a 2003 March Model of the 1.9L Diesel Palio in Sept 2007. As i discover from this thread, those were the first ones launched in India. The previous owner of my Palio was a doctor and must have been largely ignorant of the vehicle and probably would have hired a driver to take him around.

When i was looking for a pre-owned vehicle in Hyderabad, i came across this beauty that was lying ignored, covered with dust and grime and unable to start. There were minor problems with this car and the oil sump was also dripping. I decided to take my chances and powered it on using a jump-start. The owner of the yard told me that this thing has been lying there for about 4 months, but the engine notes were very sweet and the odo-meter read just 44000 Kilometers. Presto, i had found my car.

A bit of tuning, oil-sump cover-repairs, new battery and new tyres and she was ready to rock. And has been rocking ever since. I cannot believe my luck and she is still going very strong.

I was thinking of a mod to replace the 1.9L engine with the 1.3L MJD, but because of wise suggestions and advice from the folks, that project has been shelved permanently.

I realized now the value of the purchase after reading this thread taking a moment to thank the previous owner of this vehicle. I am sure he is missing it too.
man23ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 14:00   #79
BHPian

Wonderful article.... Palio was one of the best cars ever to hit the Indian market. Probably came in too early when people weren't introduced to the "premium hatches" and weren't able to appreciate the innumerable features which were never offered by any other car at that level.

I have a Palio 1.2 Sport bought in Nov 2005 and have covered close to 55 K. Have been away from the country for past 5 months and the car has now been "hijacked" by my wife. She absolutely loves it and has even "forgiven" me for sharing my love with another "woman".

Hopefull Fiat have learnt their lessons and don't let Punto and Linea go the same way...
Palio_2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 21:40   #80

hey sid....

an awesome post.
I am one of the many, "almost owned a palio" persons, and really regret not having owned one.
Have managed to find an F1 Red 1.2NV Sports with 47k on the odo, single owner, supposedly in accident free condition, quoting 2.25L.
I am still in 2 minds between 1.2NV Sports or the 1.9D and unable to decide. Some of the posts for the 1.9D on t-bhp (on maintenance costs) is tilting my decision in favor of the 1.2, however, with oil prices hovering above 50 and no signs of them coming down has got me in a fix :(
ajrockerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 22:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrockerboy View Post
hey sid....

an awesome post.
I am one of the many, "almost owned a palio" persons, and really regret not having owned one.
Have managed to find an F1 Red 1.2NV Sports with 47k on the odo, single owner, supposedly in accident free condition, quoting 2.25L.
I am still in 2 minds between 1.2NV Sports or the 1.9D and unable to decide. Some of the posts for the 1.9D on t-bhp (on maintenance costs) is tilting my decision in favor of the 1.2, however, with oil prices hovering above 50 and no signs of them coming down has got me in a fix :(
palios especially the pre- stile ones are all under 1.5 lacs now. Even the S10 goes for 1.4- 1.5. 2.25 is a crazy price to pay for one.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 23:27   #82
Senior - BHPian

Great thread, Sid. While your previous threads have been entertaining and even tongue-in-cheek, this one seems be more passionate. The Punto effect?

So much has been said that I don't want to add anything except my little photographic contribution of my Stile at Billing Top, Himachal Pradesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-img_0199.jpg  

architect is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:13   #83
BHPian

Default My contributions

Myself, drives a Palio 1.6 Sport and even my wifey hates me for giving much attention to it... few photos from my stable...

I used to search for print ads of Palio MK2 on web, where in advs from FIAT were too good.. like "FIATTITUDE" etc...

Even now search for Palio video advs on youtube you will find lot of funny videos especially for FIAT mexico.... I love the videso of brazilian FIAT advs...

Its design and exterior is always mesmarizing and it is a ageless design... You can see even new Polo is bit of palio (on side views).. So smooth lines and yet looks macho.

In the old website of fiat-india.com, I could even get to see lots of nice wallpapers, and even audio of the engine firing and it very nice to hear..
If anybody have the photos/wallpapers from old Fiat India website, request you to mail me or pm me...
Attached Thumbnails
Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-20060509a_017100005.jpg  

Attached Images

mahadev_kc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:27   #84
Senior - BHPian

After driving the new Punto, how I love to be in a Palio when the road has lots of potholes and humps - I can zoom past them in a Palio. Punto's rear suspension gives a 'thud' sound when I negotiate humps at a higher speed, as I am used to doing so with the Palio!
clevermax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

Another shot of Palio NV, love this color (Passion Purple):
Attached Images

finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 13:01   #86
BHPian

Superbly put Sidindica!

Waiting to lay my hands on my first car the Palio. Absolutely in love with it.

Looking around for a Fiat lover owned Palio 1.2 for the past 2 weeks!
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 13:03   #87
BHPian

Great thread Sid.

S10 & GTX were the best of those times, if you will.

The Stile unfortunately just isnt the same.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 14:01   #88
BHPian

Sid,
You made me very sentimental mate ! I simply love the 1.6 and I feel passionate about it. My 2007 Stile is going great guns and giving all the pretenders on the bangalore - chennai highway a run for their money regularly. 1.6 provides is excitmenet and value for money - to the max.
rganeshiyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 16:52   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrockerboy View Post
hey sid....

an awesome post.

1.2 will be a good decision since the maintenance of Palio diesel is complicated compared to petrol. 1.5 to 1.65 should be the ideal price for a topended Palio in Bangalore.
Aravindpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 19:31   #90

@ Aravindpn and Jay D - Thanks for the valuable opinion guys.
In case, I do not manage to find an F1 red 1.2NV Sports in my budget, is it wise to get some other colored palio and get it painted the F1 red.
Pardon my obsession with the color, but i want to own that color before its too late (and ppl start quoting it as a mid-age crisis color for me).
Like i said, im one of the many always-desired-never-owned palio lovers and hate myself for this fact.
ajrockerboy is offline   Reply With Quote