Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th December 2009, 22:51   #31

Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Based on this thread, we need to add another item to the checklist -- look for repair bills in the glove box before taking delivery of a new car .

On a more serious note - what if someone knowingly buys a damaged/repaired/refurbished "new" car at a hefty discount. Does the paperwork indicate that the car isn't actually "new" ?
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 22:59   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Its good that the cheated buyer has lodged a criminal case through a FIR.I think things will move through faster as compared to any civil case. In criminal cases the alleged accused has to appear in person and is not exempted from appearance unlike civil matters where most of the times lawyers represent parties in their absence.
I will also suggest that adequate publicity be done and if necessary TV channels invited to interview the cheated buyer.Every court hearing date and its outcome / interim orders need to be given as news through a press note to publicise the dealer's misdeeds.The PTI/UNI correspondent need to be also contacted to generate nation wide publicity. That won't be tough as TOI has already picked up the story.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 23:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

I would say like in the food products, Manufacturing date/month/year should be displayed compulsorily in the vehicles for the benefit of the customers.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote