Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th April 2012, 19:44   #271
BHPian

Default re: Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now

I am using my nano for over two years now over 25 k. Even though it is a fantastic car, unless tata makes the rear openable, the sales will not go up. Almost all other design aspects of nano are fantastic, but what a stupid design of the luggage space ! The engine needs to be accessible to the owner easily. I do not understand why tata is not making the rear openable. I strongly believe that JUST BY MAKING THE REAR OPENABLE, NANO SALES CAN CROSS 20 K MARK A MONTH. Present engine power is sufficient, but, the sound of the engine is not good. Once tata put a bigger engine, the cost also will go up and sales will not pick up.

Tata should have launched the diesel variant earlier. Tata is loosing the first player advantage everyday. Soon, eon/spark/alto will come with a small diesel engine and NANO diesel will again struggle against them. Tata has to relook at its marketing strategies...

Last edited by KMohanan : 5th April 2012 at 19:46.
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 20:15   #272
BHPian

Agree ^^^

Tata's strategy so far is to provide a very spacious car for a reasonable price. Although this strategy was good in late 90's, todays car buyer demands more - people are ready to pay a premium for good interiors, quality fit and finish, and good looks.

Tata need not have Aria as their flagship - the real hero can be Nano - only if they wake up and deliver what the market demands.
autocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:25   #273
BHPian

Default Nano Diesel Caught!!

Source: IAB

Look at the picture closely and see where the nano is waiting to be refueled- It is at the diesel pump!

This would certainly boost Nano's sales as it will be the cheapest diesel and would be delivering 40kmpl!
Attached Thumbnails
Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now-nan.jpg  

Last edited by Y@SH : 9th April 2012 at 12:28.
Y@SH is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:40   #274
BHPian

Default Re: Nano Diesel Caught!!

That's a nice scoop! Wonder why the photographer did not take a quick stop to take a closer look at the car and confirm if its indeed a Diesel Nano! As, the car was at the fuel station and going by the quality of the photograph, the photographer for sure had some time to set his camera right and click a decent picture! Or is this a hoax??
vinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:48   #275
BHPian

Diesel or not, I see a new color (Black) for sure in next edition of Nano.
throttleking is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:53   #276
BHPian

The hood is open. Could be topping up some vital fluids?!.... Cant be sure if its a diesel.
Archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:57   #277
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th April 2012 at 13:02.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 9th April 2012, 13:12   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
The hood is open. Could be topping up some vital fluids?!.... Cant be sure if its a diesel.
Nano fuel filler cap is inside the hood
ragzv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 18:14   #279
BHPian

Default re: Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now

Wow !! This is a fantastic catch. Black was always missing from Nano's line of colours. The car looks awesome in this colour. Coupled with a diesel mill, i sure hope this climbs to the top of the monthly sales chart. Anyways I found my perfect first car !! Thanks for the share Y@SH

Thanks
Rejith
rsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 21:39   #280
BHPian

Was black omitted from the initial releases to deliberately avoid being mistaken (or compared) to an auto rikshaw (at least from a distance)? Previous reports (including from TATA) pegged the release not before end of 2013. Without camouflage at such an early state without convey test cars I doubt if this indeed a CDRI Nano.

Probably just standing behind the other TATA sibling, it does not seem to be a busy bunk.
man_and_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 21:49   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Expecting 40 kmpl from a Nano D is pretty optimistic... that's double the FE of the petrol.

How many diesel cars can do double of their petrol counterparts?

25-27 real world FE is what I expect.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 22:04   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Even before the petrol Nano was launched, Tata were testing a black Nano. There is some other reason for not introducing black.
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 22:32   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower

How many diesel cars can do double of their petrol counterparts?
Indica!

Not that diesel Indica is extra ordinary, but my 6 year old Xeta gives 9 kmpl with AC in traffic, while my friends 7 year old DLS manages 16~17...

A black Nano with chrome handles and 14" black / chrome alloys and low profile tyres will look fabulous! Just hope they bring in premium interiors, at least as an option.

Last edited by autocrat : 9th April 2012 at 22:36.
autocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 22:51   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Even before the petrol Nano was launched, Tata were testing a black Nano. There is some other reason for not introducing black.

[EDIT - Attaching an image from 2008]

Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now-tatananoblack1.jpg
designersf is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 03:03   #285
BHPian

Lightbulb re: Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now

Staying on the route where all TATA vehicles are tested an stop over for a Break, I have spotted the diesel nano multiple times. One fully black and one Purple with black vinyl on the front and back

As for the sound factor. the diesel nano doesn't sound like a rickshaw nor does it sound as unrefined as an ACE. (3 cylinder engine? ) .But it is LOUD! not the clattery loud but more of a booming growl .
Bluengel180 is offline   Reply With Quote