Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 11:52   #1
BHPian
 
Monaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 120
Thanked: 48 Times
Thumbs down Accord 3.5 V6 - Guess who's getting one?

Apparently the governor's wife wanted more horses, so she's getting herself 271 of them!

"The Honda Accord 3.5 V6 will be at the service of Alemla Jamir, wife of governor S C Jamir, and the proposal has been sent to the general administration department of the state government along with other requests."

..and I thought we were in the middle of the worse recession ever!

Link

Last edited by Monaro : 17th December 2009 at 11:53.
Monaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:25   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

I dont blame him. Its the government that has to make clear cut rules as to which post should get what car.

Its like giving someone a blank cheque and expecting him to fill in a small amount. Never works.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:37   #3
BHPian
 
Sudan_NFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 759
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

This is huge buy and even the Judges won't be allocated with these huge amount for their car.
This can be some what acceptable if it was for governor and totally not acceptable for his wife.
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:46   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOIDA, Manchester & Cardiff
Posts: 565
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

If at all an Accord has to be given her, why does she need a V6? The purchase cost would be 6-7 lacs higher and it will be a fuel guzzler and will be a constant drain of public money.

Does she want to feel high and mighty sitting in a V6 or has some Honda dealer has manipulated things to get rid of an unsold car.
akj53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:07   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
If at all an Accord has to be given her, why does she need a V6? The purchase cost would be 6-7 lacs higher and it will be a fuel guzzler and will be a constant drain of public money.

Does she want to feel high and mighty sitting in a V6 or has some Honda dealer has manipulated things to get rid of an unsold car.
It isn't about it being a gas guzzler or a more expensive car my friend.

For the Governor's wife, it has to be the best!

She wouldn't want some other bloke to pull up next to her in a V6 Accord while she's seated in her 'lower-spec' 4-pot Accord now would she?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 14:05   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It isn't about it being a gas guzzler or a more expensive car my friend.

For the Governor's wife, it has to be the best!

She wouldn't want some other bloke to pull up next to her in a V6 Accord while she's seated in her 'lower-spec' 4-pot Accord now would she?
Governor's wife ??? Wouldn't an Amby just do fine for her??. If it has to be the best for the Governor's wife why can't he spend from his own pocket. Why does it have to be from our Tax money. By the way things are going in our govt. I'm pretty sure one day everyone would be demanding for Land Cruisers. And i don't know if the public even understands, in the end it's all their money that the politician's are wasting
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 14:08   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
This is huge buy and even the Judges won't be allocated with these huge amount for their car.
This can be some what acceptable if it was for governor and totally not acceptable for his wife.
+1 to this . What did she do to deserve a V6 ?? And more so she doesn't deserve an Accord in the first place.Amby would just be fine for her as it's our money that the govt. is spending.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 14:14   #8
BHPian
 
basilmabraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SYD Downsouth
Posts: 759
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
+1 to this . What did she do to deserve a V6 ?? And more so she doesn't deserve an Accord in the first place.Amby would just be fine for her as it's our money that the govt. is spending.
An ambassador would be just fine. But given the state of affairs of the ambassador and availability of other options at similar price point, may be a new ger C class car could be given. But an Accord that too a V6, too much.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 14:49   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Governor's wife ??? Wouldn't an Amby just do fine for her??. If it has to be the best for the Governor's wife why can't he spend from his own pocket. Why does it have to be from our Tax money. By the way things are going in our govt. I'm pretty sure one day everyone would be demanding for Land Cruisers. And i don't know if the public even understands, in the end it's all their money that the politician's are wasting
So much for being Govt. servants eh?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 17:15   #10
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 8,934 Times
Default

I would call this waste of money. I dont see a point in V6 version of the Accord for chauffeur driven purpose, A 2.4 would serve the exact same purpose for lakhs cheaper.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 17:52   #11
BHPian
 
funkydevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 358
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

I don't think the decisions of getting a V6 was hers. I bet she wouldn't even know what a V6 is in the first place. She must have just asked for an Accord and some idiot must have told her to get the V6.

In fact us getting to even know that she has asked for an Accord is a big deal. Who knows how many Merc's, Skodas and Bmw's other politicians have bought for their wife's, girlfriend's, kids etc. using the taxpayers money.

Last edited by funkydevil : 17th December 2009 at 17:55.
funkydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 17:56   #12
BHPian
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

She probably needs something to flaunt at her kitty parties.


Food-inflation is at 19.95% for Christ's sake! And then comes a lady who wants a 3.5 V6 from the governments pocket. Stupidity at its best! The amount going into the car plus the fuel can feed some poor people around.

Last edited by Cartman : 17th December 2009 at 18:01.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 19:10   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
I don't think the decisions of getting a V6 was hers. I bet she wouldn't even know what a V6 is in the first place. She must have just asked for an Accord and some idiot must have told her to get the V6.

In fact us getting to even know that she has asked for an Accord is a big deal. Who knows how many Merc's, Skodas and Bmw's other politicians have bought for their wife's, girlfriend's, kids etc. using the taxpayers money.
For all you know, she would've probably said, "I want this Accord in this colour, and I want the best version of it with everything in the options list!" And if my guess is right, the V6 Accord fits the bill!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 20:18   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
sachinj12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,188
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
I bet she wouldn't even know what a V6 is in the first place.
Worded my thoughts. It will be her rich spoilt son (spoilt my our tax money) demanding the car. IMO, they should be stripped of all their privileges. I mean everything. Everything.Some people in our country hardly manage a meal a day and here she is, ordering a 20L+ car for her comforts.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 20:25   #15
BHPian
 
Caramelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 769
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

it depends upon who, actually bought the car, the governer with his salary can surely afford to pay the emi's for this car! and they have no expenses. everything is provided to them!

but if its from the govt coffers then this is a sad thing! i am sure his young son mustve put forward the request!! its not moms who drive V6 accords! :P

@sachinj12 err... buddy i thinks more than 20lacs. its 27 lacs onroad for the V6!!

Last edited by Caramelo : 17th December 2009 at 20:27.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Accord VTi vs Honda Accord V6 Dinesh99 Technical Stuff 48 9th March 2010 02:08
New Accord or any other equivalent? EDIT : Accord it is! Ramkumar Luxury, Imports & Niche 29 12th October 2009 10:18
Automax Honda delivered us July 2008 Accord in Jan 2009. EDIT : Getting a replacement manyu Indian Car Dealerships 46 19th January 2009 16:43
Honda Accord Coupe Concept (Possible new Accord) amit The International Automotive Scene 3 10th January 2007 10:04
Guess this one ajmat The International Automotive Scene 4 25th March 2004 19:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks