Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
There goes the resale price of Versa.
Aisa mat bolo yaar ; my car is yet to be sold
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 15:33   #137
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the Versa had great resale value anyways. The Eeco will not be as powerful as the Versa since the power output is down to 73bhp. Moreover now the roof also has been cut to size.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 16:31   #138
BHPian

The Omni & The Versa had a night out which started with an Eek and ended with an Ooh and the outcome was the Eeco

The pricing will mainly attract taxi operators, small hotel operators, etc.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 7th January 2010 at 16:34.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 18:42   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The engine is a 1200 cc engine. But it is not a K-Series as expected, but a down-sized G-series engine tweaked for BS-IV norms. Produces 73 BHp, and will eventually come into new Wagon-R!
With this down-sized G-series engine, now I don't think the pricing is shocking!
Could you post the source of this information. According to ACI, the Eeco got a heart transplant in the formed of a detuned K12M motor from the Ritz.

Source : AutoCar India
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Eeco at the Auto Expo 2010. The new C-segment family car is nothing but a facelifted Versa.

From the exterior there is hardly any change except to the bumpers and headlights. However, under the hood goes a brand new K-series motor. The ageing 1.3litre G13B has been dropped for the K12M motor, the silky smooth 1.2 petrol engine that has made a name for itself in the Ritz. This engine produces 73bhp of power and meets BS IV emission norms, promising better fuel efficient than before.
On the inside, the Eeco will come with dual tone interiors in shades of beige and grey, a digital meter cluster and will be available in 7-seater and 5-seater options.

Maruti has priced the Eeco quite competitively and the 5-seater standard model is priced at Rs 2.5 lakh, while the one with AC will cost Rs 2.89 lakhs, and the 7-seater variant will retail at 2.75 lakhs (prices ex-showroon Delhi).

longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 20:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Could you post the source of this information. According to ACI, the Eeco got a heart transplant in the formed of a detuned K12M motor from the Ritz.
Source: Maruti launches Eeco MPV | Maruti launches Eeco MPV prices | Maruti launches Eeco MPV reviews | Maruti launches Eeco MPV features | Maruti launches Eeco MPV photos | BS Motoring

Quote:
The biggest and most significant change in the Eeco is the new engine, and for that it should thank the Versa. The 1200cc four-cylinder motor makes 73 bhp@6000 rpm and

10.4 kgm of torque at 3000 rpm. And it meets the upcoming BSIV norms. Now you would think it's the new K-series engines that powers the A-Star and the Ritz. Actually, it's the old G-series 1.3-litre Esteem engine that has been downsized to 1.2-litres and has been tweaked to meet the new emission norms coming up this April. Changes include a new injection system, Nox sensors and altered compression ratios.
Another reason to believe this is: no way the new K-series engine will come at such a cheap price!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th January 2010 at 20:34.
romeomidhun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 21:19   #141
Senior - BHPian

Can't believe the pricing. Its incredible! This is a definite hit and also the end of the Omni's run in the market.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 21:29   #142
BHPian

Alto and Omni sales will be cannibalized, for sure. People in India love the feeling of having a BIG car.
The tourist agencies are probably running to Suzuki showrooms right now. I overheard a taxi driver while walking past today, "Woh, naya waala Versa dekha?" They catch up with the news pretty quick, don't they?

Astonishing price to say the least.

Last edited by Cartman : 7th January 2010 at 21:31.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 23:06   #143
Senior - BHPian

All Sources like (BS MOTORING, Auto Max) tell the same pricing as given below.
The versions and price tags are: Rs 2.59 lakh for the standard five-seater, Rs 2.89 lakh for the air conditioned five-seater and Rs 2.71 lakh for the standard seven-seater (all prices ex-showroom Delhi). So on road it will be of 3.15 lakh.

Now the Fe Highway 16 and city 13. This seems to be fine. Almost double capacity of Hatchback and the fuel Economy is 13kn/l is great and if you calculate Passenger Fuel ratio it is like a diesel SUV. Some people will not mind to get it for the capacity. As many told even I won't mind the engine. Instead of making two trips I can do one trip and save fuel too.

Last edited by navan49 : 7th January 2010 at 23:08.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 23:33   #144
BHPian

Now that finally maruti has launched the eeco, we all can see what it is actually. But they insisted its whole new vehicle, and not relaunched versa with new engine. I agree we love having BIG cars, but than versa shoudn't have failed then. Let's see if the killer price can get ecco success. Since it will be a hit amongst tour operators due to pricing, It would surely work against eeco to have a taxi image.
indianvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 00:23   #145
BHPian

That's a killer pricing for the Eeco, now it actually makes sense for private buyers as it comes with A/C and for the price of an Alto you get a seven seater.

I don't think the taxi image is going to affect the sales much as buyers in this price range look for VFM. Also if taxi image was the case, then the Tata Indica wouldn't have sold much.
harishnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 09:54   #146
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Wow thats a heck of a pricing, given the VFM factor, I guess it would even surpass the Nano for what it gives with respect to the price.

Hats of Suzuki for bringing in such a bold move and a great delivery, to shock the whole Auto-buffs in India. I have been seeing lots of criticisms earlier, which all subsided when one saw the price. Maruti does know what customers in India need.

I envisage, people getting an LPG fitment on to these cars and run it as call-taxis. Anyway, good one..

I wish someone like Nokia does the same kind of stuff in Mobile phones, Imagine a 3G phone, with touch screen, GPRS, and maps coming for Rs 4000 range. Guys learn from Maruti- Suzuki
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 10:18   #147
Senior - BHPian

Well , I have just realised, the Eeco at 1475mm width is narrower than the Nano (1495mm) !

Wish they could have widened it by a couple of inches, to take in big guys like me.
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 11:25   #148
BHPian

Default Eeco!!

Tata's started it.
Indica with a boot = Indigo

Maruti adopted it.
Swift with a boot = Swift Dzire

Maruti redefined it.
Omin with a alto bonnet = Eeco

Seriously, I hope other manufacturers don't start adopting this practice. otherwise we will end up with "tin cans" like these.(no offence to any owner of Omni, Versa or new Eeco) but I couldn't help it.
Ok. accepted that the price is a killer and people would queue to buy it from Maruti as a personal vehicle and as a taxi. what about safety? No ABS, airbags. I don't even know whether it will head rests on the second and third row seats by looking at the photos
Can someone confirm?

Avenger
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 11:51   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Well , I have just realised, the Eeco at 1475mm width is narrower than the Nano (1495mm) !

Wish they could have widened it by a couple of inches, to take in big guys like me.
Don't worry - check the vehicle out and you will be surprised that you can actually go in

it is 15mm narrower than Wagon-R;yet I feel more comfy in the Versa front seat than in the Wagon-R's
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 12:08   #150
Senior - BHPian

My oh my, thats killer pricing! I can see a lot of potential Alto buyers attracted to Eeco at the showrooms. Afterall the temptation will be of a 7 seater 73 BHP engine as against 47 BHP 4 seater of the Alto. People will think it as a bigger WagonR at the price of an Alto.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote