Old 14th January 2010, 22:20   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_v1per View Post
Isn't the Eeco powered by K-Series?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
From Maruti Press release.

This is not 1.2 K-Series for sure, Maruti wouldn't have left a single opportunity to let people know that Ecco comes with 1.2 K-Series which won "Engine of the year" award!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Yes,it has been mentioned that this is a modified G series engine
Thats precisely what I was thinking too. Why not plonk the K series instead of this modified G series in the Eeco. But I guess, Maruti would not have been able to offer the car at the price they are offering now, had they gone in for the K series engine. Any other thoughts or reasoning behind why the K series was not looked at for this venture ?
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 23:51   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Thats precisely what I was thinking too. Why not plonk the K series instead of this modified G series in the Eeco. But I guess, Maruti would not have been able to offer the car at the price they are offering now, had they gone in for the K series engine. Any other thoughts or reasoning behind why the K series was not looked at for this venture ?
Maruti may need to pay a big amount to Suzuki for using K-series engines in their models, and that will substantially increase the price.
Moreover, Maruti may also need to distinguish a premium car like Ritz from budget people mover like Eeco, other than the design.
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 23:57   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti may need to pay a big amount to Suzuki for using K-series engines in their models, and that will substantially increase the price. Moreover, Maruti may also need to distinguish a premium car like Ritz from budget people mover like Eeco, other than the design.
I would have thought that being partners for nearly three decades in India, Maruti would have had free access to Suzuki's engines and body designs.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 00:28   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...[*]Engine is a 1200cc version of the G Series - continues to be under the seat
That means Maruti is going to dedicate an engine assembly line only for the G series, used only in the Eeco and gypsy. That means they are planning to use this engine elsewhere, or hoping for really huge volumes from the Eeco.

Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 01:33   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti may need to pay a big amount to Suzuki for using K-series engines in their models, and that will substantially increase the price.
AFAIK Suzuki owns Maruti now , so they dont need to pay anything .
KRf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 06:55   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Forgot to add to my last post: does anyone know for certain if the BS 4 swift is going to come with the K series engine. Somehow, I'm doubting this now.

Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 08:00   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Interesting, very interesting. Did you by any chance get to or intend to do a test drive of the Eeco? I didn't because I didn't want to be chased later by the salesmen aka bloodhounds

Also, if the engine layout of the Eeco and Versa were similar and given similar specifications of the two vans, were you able to confirm if the two vehicles would use common spares? too early to say,but the good thing is that Indianisation of spares would increase because this is a low cost gaadi

By the way, has the lower height of the Eeco improved its road stability? I recall that many Versa owners had earlier voiced concern about the heavy rolling of the Versa.-haven't checked but am sure it would have improved because of the tubeless radials and reduced height

Why isn't anyone doing a comprehensive road test of the Eeco on this forum? Demo cars are already being sighted at various MUL showrooms. Hey GTO/Sidindica, have mercy on us Eeco-hopefuls.
Bade Sahab log,count me in when you want to do a Road Test
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 09:02   #248
Senior - BHPian

One of my close friend booked Echo. Actually we were at the edge of booking a Sumo or a Bolero or Rhino , actually echo is for his office purpose (to move stationary in side town and also across town)

The facts which compelled us to book the vehicle even though we both hate it.

1.It is a Maruti build vehicle (the trust started from our ss80 and in baleno now)

2.Mileage they say it will get 15kmpl on the Gseries engine

3.the cheapest utility vehicle(a descent one when compared to Ace magic)

4. His dads advice (if we go for a Sumo or a Bolero or Rhino) for the same amount we can buy 2 Echos

5. flat body , if we remove the seats taht is a mini lorry , can relay on 1200 cc Gseries engine , it will pull heavy load in city roads

6 they already had Spacio Glx , but sold , the build qulity will be a reason for selling the sumo , paid a hell lot of money and many things stopped working after first 8 months , then we have to beg on service centre to get it fixed , un necessarily wasting days in service centre for silly reasons. although Sumo is a good vehicle I love SUMO.

7 sad part is No power steering

8 THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PART IS THE PRICING ON THE VEHICLE

Last edited by Dippy : 18th January 2010 at 18:47. Reason: Please take the time to type out your post in proper english. Thanks
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 17:14   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....OTR Surat 5 seater std Rs.3.03lacs,7 seater std Rs.3.2 lacs,5 seater ac Rs.3.35lacs - great VFM
Wow - Cant wait for the LPG Version (in the future), my 3.5Lacs are ready here!!!

Quote:
....I wanted to check if the air filter is Suzuki's or the Wagon-R types,but that would have meant being thrown out of the showroom
Why? You are a customer (Prospect). And As long as you dont open up the engine head to count the # of valves - you can do anything to "SEE". I will check that this wkend and try to reply next week.

Quote:
After all this,I slipped out quitely lest I be asked to fill up a Query form and be subjected to calls,calls and more calls.
Why do you think there is some theory called "Brownian Motion". As Long as I dont intend to be disturbed I give them any RANDOM Cell# in India that starts with a 9xxxxxxxx
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 20:42   #250
BANNED

saw this car at a traffic light in ludhiana

First pic is at Ludhiana
IInd pic is at my hometown.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Eeco minivan (EDIT: now launched for 2.6 Lakhs)-img_0131.jpg  

The Maruti Eeco minivan (EDIT: now launched for 2.6 Lakhs)-img_0141.jpg  

thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 21:26   #251
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
EECO is not something that I thought MRIL could come up with. After Swift, SX4, Ritz why have they come up with such an ugly looking good for nothing steel box in wheels. Even the A-star was a better effort.
Boss hope you did look at the price. The price does all the talking.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 22:49   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Moreover, Maruti may also need to distinguish a premium car like Ritz from budget people mover like Eeco, other than the design.
I have heard this modified G series will also make it way into Wagon R and Swift. Otherwise there is no point in modifing the engine for BSIV norms just for Eeco.

I think they will sell swift in three engines (i) G series 1.2L (this eeco engine) (ii) new K-12 engine (Ritz engine) (iii) DDis Fiat engine.

They were planning to launch cheaper versions of swift + wagon R by adopting this approach.
erohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 23:12   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
saw this car at a traffic light in ludhiana

First pic is at Ludhiana
IInd pic is at my hometown.
Coincidentally,the Demo car here is a five seater a/c - same colour
Old 15th January 2010, 23:27   #254
Senior - BHPian

Looks like all Maruti variants sport only the 'S' badge and not the 'M' badge anymore. Is there any Maruti vehicle that still dons the 'M' badge (barring the Omni and M800 of course) ?
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 23:49   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Looks like all Maruti variants sport only the 'S' badge and not the 'M' badge anymore. Is there any Maruti vehicle that still dons the 'M' badge (barring the Omni and M800 of course) ?
Even the Omni and the M800 now sport S