Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th January 2010, 23:55   #256
BHPian

Does the 5 seater AC variant have any rear vents for ac?
fireblade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 00:03   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
No - there is no need.The blower is powerful enough to blast air right till the rear.

Oops - looks like I have posted twice in quick time-mods please delete

Last edited by vigsom : 16th January 2010 at 00:05. Reason: to be deleted
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 00:09   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
No rear vent for teh AC
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 00:09   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Looks like all Maruti variants sport only the 'S' badge and not the 'M' badge anymore. Is there any Maruti vehicle that still dons the 'M' badge (barring the Omni and M800 of course) ?
Yes, I think the new Gypsy still comes with the same old Maruti Badge.

Chech out some of the new Gypsys Team Bhpians own:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ow-bought.html (Thinking of a new Gypsy: EDIT: Now Bought)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-way-go-2.html (Brand New Gypsy King - Way to Go)
Pri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 09:49   #260
BHPian

I think they should have a varient which cost about 30k more but offers rear vents for AC and has power steering.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 10:00   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I think they should have a varient which cost about 30k more but offers rear vents for AC and has power steering.
Rear AC may not be missed much but power steering will definitely be missed. It should have been available at least as a option with a 20k hike. It would be in demand from the budget family segment.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 14:03   #262
BHPian

i thought power steering was standard nowadays..
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 17:30   #263
Senior - BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
i dont think there is any competitors at this price range for EECO! so once a competitor comes in, MSIL will introduce one with PS and rear AC as new version

else

if EECO sells well, they will come up with an anniversary edition with PS and Rear AC
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 17:49   #264
Senior - BHPian

Friends. I just booked the 5 seater ac version. The 5 seater can seat only 4 at best in decent comfort. I think the Eeco is the most utilitarian vehicle one can get for the price. Unlike the old maruti van, your head doesn't hit the roof. Acceleration and handling is decent for its dimensions and class of vehicle. Instrumentation is non fussy and very bare basic. Its super compact and quite spacious. The rear window is the largest full-roll down window ive ever seen on any vehicle. I think the Eeco tremendous value for money. Its the only decent passenger vehicle I know of that provides most cubic feet / sq ft space for the price.

There isnt any point comparing it to any of the small cars. This a bare basic VAN , that does its job quite well and does not seem to have any pretensions about trying to be something else. A PS would be good, but the manual steering isnt hard either.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 16th January 2010 at 17:52.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 19:23   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Friends. I just booked the 5 seater ac version.
=============
A PS would be good, but the manual steering isnt hard either.
What about the deliveries? Have they started rolling them out? Is it readily available?
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 19:25   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just booked the 5 seater ac version.
Hi Jayant, congratulations! What's the wait period for delivery? Any difference in wait time for 5/8 seater? Looking forward to your user report (esp. FE and ease of driveability in heavy traffic with a full load + AC) before I decide on getting one.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 21:00   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends. I just booked the 5 seater ac version. The 5 seater can seat only 4 at best in decent comfort. I think the Eeco is the most utilitarian vehicle one can get for the price.
The rear window is the largest full-roll down window ive ever seen on any vehicle. I think the Eeco tremendous value for money. Its the only decent passenger vehicle I know of that provides most cubic feet / sq ft space for the price..
A very very sensible decision;do let us know when you get her(or him?)

You are right about the sliding door window - you'll feel the size only when you roll the window down fully - and you'd have noticed the safety feature - the window rolls down till 6" after which you need to rotate the lever back half a turn before rolling the window fully down
Old 17th January 2010, 08:05   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
What about the deliveries? Have they started rolling them out? Is it readily available?
There were only 2 vehicles. One a demo & another red. The red was readily available but looked too bright so Ive decided to wait to see the blue. The vehicle is to be launched today i suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Hi Jayant, congratulations! What's the wait period for delivery? Any difference in wait time for 5/8 seater? Looking forward to your user report (esp. FE and ease of driveability in heavy traffic with a full load + AC) before I decide on getting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
A very very sensible decision;do let us know when you get her(or him?)

You are right about the sliding door window - you'll feel the size only when you roll the window down fully - and you'd have noticed the safety feature - the window rolls down till 6" after which you need to rotate the lever back half a turn before rolling the window fully down
No HIM / HER for me. Its a VAN. Thanks for pointing out that its a safety feature. The sales guy told me that there might be a problem with the window winding. . Now I can leave it half open for the dogs to stick their noses out.

I should get it in the coming week once I finalize the color. Ive blocked the red for now.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 10:05   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There were only 2 vehicles. One a demo & another red
the demo vehicle is a grey and the show vehicle is a red - that's what I saw here also.

Quote:
Now I can leave it half open for the dogs to stick their noses out.
That's nice;I love dogs and have reared four apsos and one Alsatian-all gone and none now because I am not comfy leaving them in someone's care when I am out of town for extended periods.
Old 17th January 2010, 10:28   #270
BHPian

Here are some pics and details - Maruti Launched EECO At Auto Expo ? ECCO Pictures, Price, Specification And Features
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote