Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th March 2010, 18:25   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the Eeco goes on to become a sales success, it just shows the effect of branding and marketing. As a product, the Eeco is basically a refreshed Versa. Main difference is the scaled down engine (is that a good thing?) and some interior bits.

Well can hardly call it branding and marketing. Unless you're talking of the B-School definition of marketing as "understanding customer needs and spotting opportunities". The SOLE aim during development of Eeco was to control the costs and get it to omni levels. All changes and so called "bits" are only to that end, not to improve/differentiate the vehicle.

Bt the way, the "DSA" as claimed by Maruti has been accorded various interpretations on the forum. What it actually does it..only assist the 5th to 4th shift. Usually, when you come back from 5th, it prevents going to Rev and stops. In Eeco, even if you hold the lever forcibly towards the 5th side, on coming back it will automatically go to 4th.
eternalmonotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 19:17   #332
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This questions has been lingering in my mind for a long time now, what are the monthly sales figures for EECO, and going by the standard how many of you feel it did succed.
I seem to have missed the thread on sales figures of last month.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:17   #333
Senior - BHPian

Smile Eeco effect

Our company uses rickety old OMNIs for intra office shuttle.

But this mail today from Admin says it all:

Quote:
Hi All,

Thank you for your continued support and feedback regarding shuttle & metro services.

As we all know, summer doesnít come alone with blue bright sky but with scorching heat and high temperatures which makes you feel uncomfortable more than normal. Therefore, at employee services; we welcome summer by introducing our xxxx Maruti Ecko AC intra office shuttle services effective 5st April. It has more space to accommodate and cool environment to get adjusted to J

In addition to the same, we are also replacing metro feeder bus service with Maruti Ecko AC for faster commuting between Noida city centre and xxxx. Please find the revised schedule details below:-
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 16:42   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

But this mail today from Admin says it all:
Looks like your company has fallen for the Eeco hook line and sinker. Replace buses by Maruti eeko. Maruti must have sent their best marketing genius and brainwashed your purchase manager or transport manager whoever!
Either way , in the interest of the backs of the people who are going to do your intra-office shuttling (hope its not too long!) , it might be good to talk to them and make sure that these Ecko 's have refurbished seats.No kidding! and no offence meant to Maruti!
rpmx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 16:42   #335
Senior - BHPian

Default The Modded EECCOOO !!!

Credit goes to Tuners inc.

Split skirts, top and bottom mesh, custom fog lights and head light painting

Rear skirts, tail light tinting

Color coded interiors, Hertz energy 3 way components.
Attached Images

foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 21:55   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I guess your company does not care much about employees safety. Kalkatta banned OMNI taxies because of safety concerns. Since there are many A/C choices available Tata Winger/Mahindra Xylo/Sumo Grande (which are preferred ones by many companies for their Interoffice trave/shuttlel) and so on, i think your company opted for the cheapest available...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
And going by the standard how many of you feel it did succed. I seem to have missed the thread on sales figures of last month.
I have seen quite of these in Kerala roads, i believe as Tourist Taxis. From my observation of vehicles on road, i consider it a success at least in Kerala for the moment. Things may change later..

Last edited by teamveevee : 1st April 2010 at 22:01.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 07:40   #337
BHPian

Hi folks!
Am getting my Eeco 5-seater AC on Monday from Pratham Motors.
The cost is 3,87,445 on road ( Bangalore).
I drive around the country a lot and am waiting to see what the Eeco can do that my PP1984 & Omni 2001 cant.....!!
docel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 09:56   #338
BHPian

Congrats, do provide us with regular updates regarding the Eeco ! Am thinking of the switch over from the Omni myself !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 10:02   #339
BHPian

Thanks Kannan !
Sure will update alright- the first 'test-drive' will be Bangalore-Munnar-Bangalore starting 8th June.
Lets see how it holds up during the Monsoon in Kerala.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:30   #340
BHPian

Happy Motoring @docel and have fun with your eeko. The review'ed eeko was the same TD vehicle from Pratham Motors, reviewed on my way to work
Old 31st May 2010, 15:52   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Happy Motoring @docel and have fun with your eeko. The review'ed eeko was the same TD vehicle from Pratham Motors, reviewed on my way to work
Thanks- it was your review that made me think of it as a new car.

Funny, but MY test-drive of the thing will be after I get it delivered
Old 4th July 2010, 01:43   #342
BHPian

I'm having great fun with my new Eeco !

The Eeco has a 1196cc Type G12B engine with a 71.0mm bore and a stroke of 75.5mm with a 9.9 compression ratio. But- isn't that a Mitsubishi engine?

More of my Eeco review and some awesome pics at some awesome places-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...came-home.html (Maruti Eeco came home !)
Old 5th July 2010, 17:40   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docel View Post
I'm having great fun with my new Eeco !

The Eeco has a 1196cc Type G12B engine with a 71.0mm bore and a stroke of 75.5mm with a 9.9 compression ratio. But- isn't that a Mitsubishi engine?
NO. Its not a Mitsubishi engine. Suzuki G series is a Suzuki developed entirely by Suzuki.
The G12B is basically the G13B with reduced bore.

G13B of Esteem/Swift had 74 mm Bore and 75.5 mm stroke. The G12B has a reduced bore, nothing else. One of the best units IMO were G-series.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 18:04   #344
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought on Eeco interior mods. How wise it is to fit airline like seats (similar to DC designed Innova) in a Eeco? IMO this combined with an upgraded suspension can make Eeco a cheap luxury van. Or am i missing something here?
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 15:38   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Just a thought on Eeco interior mods. How wise it is to fit airline like seats (similar to DC designed Innova) in a Eeco? IMO this combined with an upgraded suspension can make Eeco a cheap luxury van. Or am i missing something here?
Something that I also thought was possible. But you need someone with DC's skill and someone who dosen't charge the earth to do this.And IMO that's hard to find. But sitting inside the eeco does _not_ give you the solid feeling of sitting inside an Innova , or even a Swift. One of my theories is - aptly spaced seats like the ones manufacturers like Harita come up with for the inter-city buses of today, pluck out the eeco's rear seats and put four of those and you have a wonderful vehicle with good legspace. The seats recline too. throw in a small TV and you have a ball. Fit LPG to get eeco-nomy.A wild-*** guess about this is in the range of 50k for it all.
Include wider tyres (and wheels) for added safety and you could do it for about 80 k (wild *** guess). Those more in the know can add details.