Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th January 2010, 08:47   #121
BHPian

The idea is great and there is niche market waiting to be tapped - it looks like only MUL can address this market. However I feel image of small vans in general have taken a beating over last couple of years - look at the fate of the Omni based city cabs on Bangalore roads - seems to be fading out and taking with it whatever value is remaining of the brand/category.
manij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 06:26   #122

Wink Dimensions doesnt match versa or omni!

Maruti Eeco ZXi, Maruti Eeco ZXi Review, Maruti Eeco ZXi Price, Maruti Eeco ZXi India, Finance Maruti Eeco ZXi Cars India, Comparison, Images, Models | MaxAbout.com

From the below link, there seem to be lot of differences in dimension (apart from height). It claims that EECO is lengthier and broader than VERSA!

12cms longer and approx 8.5cms broader.
Bigger vehicle and lower power than Versa? But torque is same.
Is that really enough or would the vehicle struggle?

Either the website is wrong or the vehicle could be really big.
sree_chandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 12:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

Default Shock pricing!

Shock pricing: Eeco comes at an introductory price between Rs 2.59 lakh and Rs 2.89 lakh!
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 12:32   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Shock pricing: Eeco comes at an introductory price between Rs 2.59 lakh and Rs 2.89 lakh!
Pricing wars started at Auto expo!
quadmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 12:48   #125
Senior - BHPian

The engine is a 1200 cc engine. But it is not a K-Series as expected, but a down-sized G-series engine tweaked for BS-IV norms. Produces 73 BHp, and will eventually come into new Wagon-R!

With this down-sized G-series engine, now I don't think the pricing is shocking!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th January 2010 at 13:03.
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 13:04   #126
BHPian

Quote:
The engine is a 1200 cc engine. But it is not a K-Series as expected, but a down-sized G-series engine tweaked for BS-IV norms. Produces 73 BHp, and will eventually come into new Wagon-R!
This is the ice cream scoop of the decade.Especially in winter. Thanks Romeo. Tata has work to do with its new Venture. They are now in different segments?

Maruti has leaf-sprung a surprice.I can aleady see the saliva dripping out of the transport agents tongues.

In three months, Mr.Eek Oh's going to have a , guess what? waiting period!

Ta dan,ta dan, ta dan ta dan ta dan,ta da da dan!
rpmx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 13:19   #127
Senior - BHPian

Maruti seem to have the habit of surprising with their pricing strategies even to the most hard nosed analysts.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 13:22   #128
Senior - BHPian

Let's accept it-you can't beat Maruti at pricing-only GM has come close to it.

And the G Series is no mean engine-it has driven India for 16 years .

Like the old VTec,I am sure there would be many fans who love their old Esteems with the GSeries motors
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 13:34   #129
BHPian

Is it OMNI with a long nose?
sidd25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 13:37   #130
BHPian

Yes the G series is not a bad engine at all. If tweaked well it will still be good. But I dont know how much traction will be there for a vehicle like this. Yes the pricing is good and thats the only saving grace.
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 13:45   #131
BHPian

I dont know why people are getting so hyper about looks.this car is more about function.theres no harm of having something different from omni for those school vans and taxis at such a killer price.even for a huge family who cant afford a innova theres nothing better.i think maruti has got a sweet deal.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 14:44   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The engine is a 1200 cc engine. But it is not a K-Series as expected, but a down-sized G-series engine tweaked for BS-IV norms.
If this is true, I wonder what they are planning to do with the Swift. I must admit though that Maruti has played a master stroke here with the pricing. Like someone mentioned on the forum, If you want a decent 7 seater and cannot afford the Innova, it doesn't get better than this! The average Indian doesn't bother about whether the engine is a K or G series as long as it gets the job done without making a fuss. This must be a lesson to all of us (including me ) who were bashing the Eeco. The price point completely changes the equation!

Last edited by longhorn : 7th January 2010 at 14:49.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 14:48   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
If this is true, I wonder what they are planning to do with the Swift. I must admit though that Maruti has played a master stroke here with the pricing. Like someone mentioned on the forum, If you want a decent 7 seater and cannot afford the Innova, it doesn't get better than this! The average Indian doesn't bother about whether the engine is a K or G series as long as it gets the job done without making a fuss. This must be a lesson to all of us (including me ) who were bashing the Eeco.

i think that someone had a name..lol.
what i cant get about this car is why is it named as Eeco?its neither hybrid or eletcric?why eco sorry eeeeeco,whatever..
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 14:52   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
i think that someone had a name..lol.
what i cant get about this car is why is it named as Eeco?its neither hybrid or eletcric?why eco sorry eeeeeco,whatever..
that someone sure does have a name. Just that I was hard pressed to remember . The name Eeco - maybe its to represent the pricing - very EECOnomic !
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 15:05   #135
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
NDTV Profit News Link
Maruti launches MPV Eeco at Rs 2.59 lakh

There goes the resale price of Versa.
~~h is offline   Reply With Quote